NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

So how does the friend code adding work...I know you can send them via the Wii messaging service but then you can import them into the Mario Kart friends roster without any number input?

Still not gonna get this I decided...too much other home console stuff to play that I will enjoy far more...

Did anyone answer this question?!

Did anyone answer this question?!

I haven't played the games yet but from what I understand of the system I'm gonna say Yes. :smile:

I haven't played the games yet but from what I understand of the system I'm gonna say Yes. :smile:

Right...ok...no where round here has it in stock...so guess thats made my mind up for me...I'll keep happy with DQ; Monsters Joker, Uncharted, Echochrome (demo), FF:CC Rings of Fate, Half Life 2 Episode 1+2, Pro Evo Wii and Sega Bass Fishing.

I'll say it again, this game is amazing. As has been said, I love how balanced the game is, there's no one person just cruising through in first place the whole time.

The new levels are all fantastic too. I keep seeing forum members such as Stefkov and H-O-T on my walls. :D

I'll say it again, this game is amazing. As has been said, I love how balanced the game is, there's no one person just cruising through in first place the whole time.

The new levels are all fantastic too. I keep seeing forum members such as Stefkov and H-O-T on my walls. :D

Add meeeeee. Btw how do I add your mario kart code from the adress book Telly?

The 12 player massive race-off a lot of N-Europe held last night was immense. Perfectly playable and edge of seat stuff, it was the first time I've felt wii was a viable online 'community' platform.

The modes are perfectly tailored to online with tracks that befit an online experience. Even the battle tracks have obviously been created with online in mind. Astounding stuff and utterly suprising. I didn't think we would see such a comprehensive online title on Wii for a long time - Yet alone from Nintendo. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Brilliant game though. I've since gone back to the Gamecube controller after using the wheel and the GC controller shows this title is so precise, tight and individually crafted that I can easily forgive the lack of certain modes.

I was extremely pessimistic about this game. But, in the end, I succumbed to advertising and just got it.

Best decision I could have made. The wheel works surprisingly well, though at the highest level I'm not sure you would be able to compete as best you can with it. That said, the online options are absolutely awesome. This is what Nintendo needs to do for all of it's online games. It's not xbox live but damn it's close, a million times better than Strikers etc. For once, I'm impressed with Nintendo.

Just played my first online Matches and a certain Mr Redshell was in the same matches as me! :D

I didn't do too bad, i've played around 5 races and still have over 5000 points, so it's all good! and Redshell is near impossible to beat, lol.

I'm always near top 4 then someone makes me fall off right near the end! Damn it!

What an excellent game! No online for me yet as I'm still suffering from a lack of patch cable-ly goodness (which was meant to arrive in the post yesterday) so I can hook my Wii up on wired LAN (no wifi near me...) so I'm pretty gutted on that front.

Regardless, I'm thoroughly impressed so far! The wheel is brilliant. Pulling off drifts and boosts is so easy. It's pretty accurate too, although I can see the GC controller being more precise. Either way I'm gonna do my best to stick with the wheel for now.

When i finally get back online is there any chance that you guys won't have left me in the dust and that me and my nooby wheel can catch up with you on the race track? You know I'm just gonna win!

Bravo Nintendo, I applaud you!

Actually I was just thinking, in regards to my prior message, if people want, could they perhaps PM me with their MK Wii codes so that I can add them when I get the game up and running. Then I can just PM some folk back and wahey I've got something of a friend list.

I spose it might be easier to just do it via the Wii Console thingymajig cause I know what my Wii Console number already is. That way I can just send an invite once I finally get back online!

I'm so jealous of you all....

I'm gonna go play, can't resist the urge....just....so....good!

Anyone in Paris who fancies meeting up for a game?

KOOPA CAPE! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

This seems to be a running favourite. I love this course too.

What happened to Wart?

Who was the character making a return...Funky Kong?

Who were the two brand new characters....Baby Daisy...and?

I thought that Wart and Dixie and stuff were "confirmed"

Crazy stuff.

The online section of this game is so amazing. Nintendo have managed to make an online game fun and challenging yet so accesible aswell. I mean anyone can go into a race and win, you dont have to be some hardcore gamer to get the victory in this. I mean there has been a few times where I have went from 1st to last in a matter of seconds but you dont mind at all because its so much fun.

I really enjoyed the games a few of us played last night at 8 and I hope to play some more tonight aswell.

Quick question before I get back to knocking my garage down, how do you do a boost start? I never had any trouble with it before on all the other Mazza Karts but for some reason I cant pull it off in this one.

Online is incredibly fun :) I'm so surprised that there's no lag at all! Been playing a few continentals using the Wii Wheel. I find the GC controller the easiest but the wheel the most enjoyable. I played my friend over Wifi which was also top quality. Hopefully I'll be adding some of you to my list too :)

Does anyone play as King Boo? What is his kart like? He has a petey one correct?

And in this one is it different to double dash, like can you only choose between a couple of karts/bikes specific to that character or is it weight class?

(King isn't really a spoiler)

Only played for about 30mins yeterday because it was my birthday. I didn't like using the wheel at all. The nunchuk seems much better. I haven't tried a GameCube controller yet.

GamesTM gave it 6/10.

What happened to Wart?

Who was the character making a return...Funky Kong?

Who were the two brand new characters....Baby Daisy...and?

I thought that Wart and Dixie and stuff were "confirmed"

Crazy stuff.

Would the other new character be Dry Bowser?

Online is so so so much fun. Jesus, even here in australia if i play worldwide with people from europe, japan, anywhere... everything feels so lag free. So happy with the online so far, definately keen to hit some games up with you guys if I can stay up late some night :P

What control method are people going with? I hated the wheel, honestly. Noobs would probably like it though, and its great fun with 4 wheels at the one house! But if you are playing seriously online its not precise enough imo. I love the Wiimote + nunchuck, is the gamecube controller really that much better? Might have to dig the old wavebird out, i couldn't go back to having cords...

FLAMEBOY!

Yeah you can add people you have in your Wii address book directly to Mario Kart without having to add their friend code. What happens is, you send them a request and they get a message on their Wii message board... through which they should hopefully accept your request and then you are both added to the MK friend roster.

I hope thats what you wanted to know!

Quick question before I get back to knocking my garage down, how do you do a boost start? I never had any trouble with it before on all the other Mazza Karts but for some reason I cant pull it off in this one.

When 2 appears, not straight away but as soon after the number 2 appears hold down A/1. The faster you push it down the further you go on the off.

You know what this game is sorely missing.

There's been what, 5 Mario Karts now incuding this one.

Where is my Rainbow Cup with all the Rainbow Roads from all the Mario Karts?

That would be an amazing cup.

Also how do I get to play as my Mii?

Would the other new character be Dry Bowser?

I dont think so. They said brand new brand new characters. (Baby Daisy not been in anything before, Dry Bowser was in NSMBDS)

Online is so so so much fun. Jesus, even here in australia if i play worldwide with people from europe, japan, anywhere... everything feels so lag free. So happy with the online so far, definately keen to hit some games up with you guys if I can stay up late some night :P

What control method are people going with? I hated the wheel, honestly. Noobs would probably like it though, and its great fun with 4 wheels at the one house! But if you are playing seriously online its not precise enough imo. I love the Wiimote + nunchuck, is the gamecube controller really that much better? Might have to dig the old wavebird out, i couldn't go back to having cords...

Bullshit. The wheel is perfect. I use the wheel and I get first place a lot. Last time I checked I had 400 wins and 100 losses. My first place ratio is 53%, but I'm not sure if it counts online play only.

I'w started using the wheel. It's so much fun!

I can honestly say this is the MK I have had the most fun with since MK64.

Yeah the analog gives you better precision but the wheel makes it so fun.

Mario Kart + Xbox Live = awesomeness.

We used the lobby in COD4 as a chat room.

MK should have had Voice chat as it made online way better.