NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I way prefer Brawl/Smash Bros.....But Mario Kart's a laugh and better for the inexperienced :)

You don't wanna be Brawling ALL the time.

I way prefer Brawl/Smash Bros.....But Mario Kart's a laugh and better for the inexperienced :)

You don't wanna be Brawling ALL the time.

Yeah, I spend a lot of time playing both and usally whip out the MK for the occasional cup or two.

Brawl I play in large amounts.

You can use em with Excitetruck as well...so, theres a slight point of buying more if you like...:D

How can you play Excitetruck with the Wii Wheel? Excitetruck has you holding the controller face up but the wheel is orientated so the remote is faced toward you.

How can you play Excitetruck with the Wii Wheel? Excitetruck has you holding the controller face up but the wheel is orientated so the remote is faced toward you.

I know this may sound crazy, but you could always....you know.....sort of....tilt it a bit? :p

I know this may sound crazy, but you could always....you know.....sort of....tilt it a bit? :p

Lol I suppose, will give you a similar steering wheel orientation of a big truck.

Don't know how well that would work though, I'd either go back to holding the remote facing me and it wouldn't work. Or I'd end up holding the wheel like a plate and in that case I might as well not bother with the wheel.

you can play excite truck with the turning motion of a normal mario kart race wheel. its probably not optimal but works.. have a go

Does anyone know that if say 3 ppl were playing on Mario Kart on my wii woulds we all be able to go online and race with others? Or is online and local multiplayer completly seperate?

As far as I know 2 people can play online per wii

Does anyone know that if say 3 ppl were playing on Mario Kart on my wii woulds we all be able to go online and race with others? Or is online and local multiplayer completly seperate?

I'm glad you asked because I was also curious.

Wouldn't it be awesome if, in an FPS, you could have team based games where the 4 of you on one Wii would play against 4 on another, and maybe 4 on another, etc. You'd have your own team right there with you in the room.

...Well, I think it would be fun. :heh:

This could be a surprisingly deep game.

The singleplayer alone absorbed me for quite a few hours in the DS version.

LAN mode? I hadn't even heard of it being a possibility. Did BWII end up supporting it in the end? I haven't heard much about LAN on the wii at all actually, but a bit of LAN MK....could be interesting! Assuming you could get 4 people per Wii on it, would be awesome, massive 12 man games day!

you can play excite truck with the turning motion of a normal mario kart race wheel. its probably not optimal but works.. have a go

What?!?!?!?!?

LAN mode? I hadn't even heard of it being a possibility. Did BWII end up supporting it in the end? I haven't heard much about LAN on the wii at all actually, but a bit of LAN MK....could be interesting! Assuming you could get 4 people per Wii on it, would be awesome, massive 12 man games day!

well that is what i am really hoping for! 12 players in one room with 3 Wii's PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! life doesn't get better than that now does it.

LAN would be good if I had another Wii near me :(

Alas i'm forced to go online to play with people.

It would be yea, but there's no one near my age that has a Wii here, and the little kids that do, I can't go up to them and say "Wanna play some LAN Mario Kart!?"

Maybe if I got friends up with their Wiis then yea, cause that would be really fun.

both my neighbors have Wii´s and like to play Mario Kart to also there with a reseneble big family so 12 players is easy

The Wii can't do local wireless, only bluetooth (not suitable for large packets of data associated with console play) and WiFi protocols.

Ngamer rated this 88%, my subscription copy arrived today.

Did they play it online or was the review based of all the offline content?

The Wii can't do local wireless, only bluetooth (not suitable for large packets of data associated with console play) and WiFi protocols.

If two Wii's were connected to the internet via the same router and from what I've heard Wifi play on the Wii is mostly peer to peer, then playing online will essentially be Lan play. Maybe with a roundtrip to your ISP but that should be neglagible.

Unfortunatly by the sounds of it, it'll only be 2 players per Wii via Wifi, so you'd need an awful lot of space(not to mention 6 TV's) to have 12 players in one house.

Then again if a Wii can connect to a DS via Wifi I don't see why it can't connect up to another Wii, whether it'll ever be used is another matter. I havn't seen a LAN option in BWii, so I don't think that has this feature.

I havn't seen a LAN option in BWii, so I don't think that has this feature.

It used to have LAN, though.

Did they play it online or was the review based of all the offline content?

Yeah they played it online, said it was better than local play (no mention of LAN mode mind, I guess it doesn't have it). Offline multiplayer only supports 4 players, the rest are bots.