NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

I think the one that looks like a construction site looks really cool there.. as does the snow track (though it's making me crave 1080 even more!)

Really can't wait for this :smile:

wow nice it looks so good and happy!

cnt wait till it comes out and can race evry1 online with a m8 2

mario kart double dash was a gd lookin game so any improvment will b gr8

I hope snaking will be included, IMO it allows for a gamer to be distinguished from a 'casual'.

Well.. to be honest, if everyone is on a level playing field (in other words, it isn't divided between those who snake and those who don't) then surely it will take more skill for you to win now? Taking corners better.. making use of the slipstream.. risking shortcuts.. timing the use of your items..

Let me put it this way.. it takes more skill to beat someone that has the same potential and capabilities as you than to beat someone who is inferior because they can't snake. If you're good, you should still win.. so stuff your wheat and chaff business.

What's fucking gay is that Nintendo don't make Wavebirds anymore, yet give players the option to use GC pads. Rerelease the Wavebird, and put a Wii logo on it. :)

Regarding the graphics, I like them. They're clean looking, and the art style looks great.

Getting really hyped for this game now, I personally think it looks great! I just wish they hadn't brought back the Blue Shell, I hate that item....

Ya, I hate that fucking shell. Let's hope the cpu doesn't cheat like in Double Dash as well.

What's fucking gay is that Nintendo don't make Wavebirds anymore, yet give players the option to use GC pads. Rerelease the Wavebird, and put a Wii logo on it. :)

Regarding the graphics, I like them. They're clean looking, and the art style looks great.

Re-release Wavebirds with Wii logo AND rumble...then I may buy some haha

Well.. to be honest, if everyone is on a level playing field (in other words, it isn't divided between those who snake and those who don't) then surely it will take more skill for you to win now? Taking corners better.. making use of the slipstream.. risking shortcuts.. timing the use of your items..

Let me put it this way.. it takes more skill to beat someone that has the same potential and capabilities as you than to beat someone who is inferior because they can't snake. If you're good, you should still win.. so stuff your wheat and chaff business.

Lol, Casuals eh?

With the return of the blue shells and Mario Karts way of giving the person at the back of the pack the best items, it is possible for a complete noob to win an expert player. Wheres the skill in that? I know it will be more fun if everyone has the oppertunity to win, but they should include at least an online option to turn snaking on/off for the race you want to be in. So stuff your casual gaming opinion.

With the return of the blue shells and Mario Karts way of giving the person at the back of the pack the best items,

Blue shells don't really help most players that use them.

I hope the item chances are done on a distance-based way rather than just what position you're in. Then it won't ruin close matches with 2 - 4 players.

And it'll make the boost start a good thing to do again.

Blue shells don't really help most players that use them.

I hope the item chances are done on a distance-based way rather than just what position you're in. Then it won't ruin close matches with 2 - 4 players.

And it'll make the boost start a good thing to do again.

Agreed. That way it will keep all players in the game, yet still let the player with the highest skill level win.

The reason why Blue Shell are annoying is because that disadvantage the person who is in first place. You can have a great race with 3 people all almost neck and neck, and one retard in 8th who fires off a Blue Shell and basically ruins the racefor the guy who actually has the most skill!

Blue Shells actually make it better to hang back in second in a close race until the last section of the last lap - game ruiners they are!

I've never found that overall a worse player will beat a good one, it levels out an overall the best player will come out on top. If your really that good and a blue shell is coming your way then all you need to do is slow down and make sure the blast takes out your close rivals when it comes. Quite a good weapon I think.

The reason why Blue Shell are annoying is because that disadvantage the person who is in first place. You can have a great race with 3 people all almost neck and neck, and one retard in 8th who fires off a Blue Shell and basically ruins the racefor the guy who actually has the most skill!

Blue Shells actually make it better to hang back in second in a close race until the last section of the last lap - game ruiners they are!

but thats why mario kart is good.... you have to jostle for 2nd place ... which seems odd but has a fantastic effect on the overall gameplay. I dont like burnout 1 where the rubber bands make it really feel unfair

If the three of you are neck and neck and you're in first you position yourself so you all get taken out - or if you're out ahead it'll be annoying but doesn't always end up in you losing.

Lol, Casuals eh?

With the return of the blue shells and Mario Karts way of giving the person at the back of the pack the best items, it is possible for a complete noob to win an expert player. Wheres the skill in that? I know it will be more fun if everyone has the oppertunity to win, but they should include at least an online option to turn snaking on/off for the race you want to be in. So stuff your casual gaming opinion.

Why do you make it out like 'aw man, I can't snake.. I'm gonna lose now' like the game has nothing else that sets the good players apart from the less good. If you're good enough, you should still be able to win without having to snake the arse out of every track.. so what's your problem.. is snaking all you've got? If anything, snaking gives the poor players a chance to compete with the good racers.. so just stuff you in general..

Lol, Casuals eh?

Lol, where did he mention casuals?

It might be possible for a noob to beat a "pro" or whatever, but if you play a number of games against more inexperienced players then on the whole the "hardcore" player will come out on top overall.

But yeah, lets try not to get into the snaking debate again, it seems like we're only just past the last one. :wink:

Re-release Wavebirds with Wii logo AND rumble...then I may buy some haha

I've been saying that since way before the Wii was out, but with Nintendo too retarded to even give us a Hard Drive that's not smaller than a fingernail (it could be if it's not), we'll never see the day of the "Wavebird ii"