NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

It might have to be Mario Racer eventually...

Gran Turismo like realism with licenced cars and the characters sticking their heads out of sunroof. Full on dashboard views with arms of the character you select being shown...

Whoa, I love the second image which looks like a homage to the first track of Mushroom cup in the original Mario Kart. Bikes or no bikes, I can't wait for this.

Man that looks shit hot. Ignoring the usual crapfest that are Nintendo screenshots, I really like the clean graphics, love the kart/bike design and the courses look lovely!

Also, Peach= hot

Those screenshots are bringing back horrible memories of Double Dash.

I'm trying not to make judgements based on those (pretty lame looking) screenshots... In fact, even if this amount to nothing more than Double Dash/DS with online and bikes, it'll be essential.

How can anyone complain. This looks amazing!

The karts look awesome.

Also, has it been confirmed there are bikes or is it someone jumping to conclusions from the video as it could just be peach who rides a bike!

Is it just me or does it look worse than Double Dash? Having bikes doesn't matter to me, as long as it's fun to play.

It will look better in motion, though from those screen shots the graphics don't looks exactly wonderful.

Can't wait for the game though!

Looks hilarious! and bikes?! :D

Great fun. I think it's about time Mario Kart added a new element and this is exactly it.

I don't get why people are saying it looks worse than DD, because even that was good. You also can't tell from pictures.

It does however look like the DD engine's being used as far as I'm aware...and the graphics look shiney...Like DD >_<

Let's hope it's great :)

I think the bikes thing isnt going to make that much difference to be honest we already know that the game uses just the wiimote in the wii wheel so we can expect perhaps controls and handling along the lines of excitetruck just without the stunts. So perhaps the bikes will almost be like a different class of kart much like the different types in Ds and DD? Perhaps looser and more volatile? Perhaps akin to the small karts with nifty handling and low top speed?

The screens might look a little colorless. Double Dash suffered from lack of colors in some places. It could look a bit better I think.

Bunch of whining maggots it's a new Mario Kart game - whats not to like???

If you dont like the bikes then don't use them!

Jeez no pleasing some folk on here! :(

Those pics are a mix of good and bad to me.

First, Nintendo really doesn't know how to make a screenshot look good.

Second, I'm not really sure about those bikes but let's hope for the best.

But I piss myself when i see all those classic tracks coming back, specially the N64 ones. As long as there's new ones too of course.

I like the look of the bikes, and the vehicle designs are excellent. I like Waluigi's Mad-Max style roadster and the various retro-style vehicles on show.

Tell me there is a new vid floating around the net.... i want to see it in motion damit :)

There's the conference video, it's intirely in japanese, but there are videos there you can see Mario doing a wheelie on a bike :D It looks awesome

looks like this will have some bloom effects then.....

i think its looking good. The screenshot from behind(ish) luigi looking at a stadium of onlookers looks good.

I hope the bikes are a different "type" ie play the game from start to finish, win cups etc and get to know the course... then get to use the harder-to-handle bikes, I would like it as an unlockable to give the game more playability (apart from the standard-issue "play the tracks in reverse" mode whcih will be inevitable)