NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

With the rumour circulating over Mario Kart being shown at E3, what would you like to see in a Wii version of Mario Kart?

For me, this is one of my favorite series of all time. I loved it on the SNES, N64 and on the Cube, and I would snap this one up straight away.

Personally, I think this is the online game that the world has been waiting for. I'd like it to be more like Mario Kart on the N64, with real karts (not the GC style ones). I'd like Wii and Classic controls in there also.

I agree with you on the karts thing, i'd prefer the real karts as opposed to the GC style ones.

I think online play is essential in this title, it could really give the wii a big online boost, and seems like the perfect title for online play.

I hope they put 2 lots of control methods in the game 2, id love controls like excite for truck this title, that'd rock!

apart from that, im just hoping for lots of tracks and weapons, and the general quality you come to expect from a mario kart title

i think id like a mix of DD and DS, take the caracter specific powerups from DD, put in the kart selection and unlockable caracters of DS, some retro courses and alot of new ones, seriously, the typical 16 tracks is kinda a small number.

customizable karts might be a good idea.

Something on the likes of Mario Kart DS, but with a much better online component. It would also be good if they kept the boss battles from the DS.

Oh... and NO SNAKING!!! Nor other exploits, specially if you need to get a tendinitis or other physical damage to win.

Online, more Characters, back to Karts, more tracks and all the previous tracks!

Excite truck style controls! (Dpad - use weapon)

I would personally love a Mario Kart which stole the single player mode (expanded, of course - they could add MKDS style missions to the fray) and weapon system from Diddy Kong Racing , mixed with challenging AI for once.

Failing that, I'd like the weapon system to be related to distance from the person in 1st place, not what position you are.

I hope it includes wifi. Now that the Wii is online, Nintendo have no reason not to really.

Maybe adding different Weather into the game v.i.a Forcast Channel is a good idea to.

Day & Night races would be great to!

I say this every time but

I WANT A STORY MODE..or a decent 1 player. it took another company to show nintendo how it should be done.. F-zero gx and i'm looking at sega.

Nintendo have trouble doing both sometimes for reason.

My other demand is obviously on-line play which will happen anyway.

I want no less than 32 tracks either.

Downloadable tracks

Track editor

Option to use a Mii as a racer

Ya i thought of link in it. Would it be stupid to have smash bros but in karts?

If you get what i mean?

- Adventure Mode - like DDK's with unlockable characters/bonus levels along the way, boss races etc...

- Downloadable levels.

- Different weather options.

- Online.

Ya i thought of link in it. Would it be stupid to have smash bros but in karts?

If you get what i mean?

Wouldn't really be Mario Kart then though, as the series is based on characters/levels from the Mario franchise.

A Super Smash Bros. Racing could make a fantastic new game though!

im pritty sure this will be some home version of mario kart arcade :) possibly with online play too,

I hope you can play tournament mode with multiple players. In Double Dash you could only do that with two players in one kart.

*Have a "Create a Kart" mode, which allows you to build your own cart from parts you can buy, download, and parts from previous MK games.

*Downloadable tracks.

*Create a Track mode.

*Use Miis as drivers.

*Online (Of course :P)

*Story mode.

8 Player Online (None of this 4 player only rubbish)

More (and better/harder) shortcuts than DD - basically a return to N64 style game where you had more freedom around the track and a greater ability to mess up your opponents.

Less emphasis on spectacular weapons, which is where DD fell down in my book.

Custom cups (online) + ability to race more laps etc

I hope it includes wifi. Now that the Wii is online, Nintendo have no reason not to really.

Maybe adding different Weather into the game v.i.a Forcast Channel is a good idea to.

Day & Night races would be great to!

that's funny and cool

Downloadable tracks

Track editor

Option to use a Mii as a racer

track editor that's cool

i think id like a mix of DD and DS, take the caracter specific powerups from DD, put in the kart selection and unlockable caracters of DS, some retro courses and alot of new ones, seriously, the typical 16 tracks is kinda a small number.

customizable karts might be a good idea.

customizable karts is cool, how about earning specific parts for your kart in story mode "levels" like those in ds, but where the "level" would reflect the kind of part ud earn if completing the "level"...

MK DS already had mission mode with boss battles

Players of crash team racing or to a lesser extend Diddy kong racer know exactly what I mean by STORY MODE.

Mission mode is a start but still not enough.

they got to put online on this SURELY!!

please not 2 people in a kart again that ruined DD...i didnt like double dash

online mario kart FTW....PLZ

I hope for something completely surprising. I dunno how but I would just like something a bit different.

I reckon it might be a port of Mario Kart Arcade, although I hope it's something a little fresher.

All tracks avaivable for online play, not just half like in Mario Kart DS.

The ability to trade ghosts with other players.

The ability to chose what kind of controls you would like to use, e.g Wii remote or Classic controller. If there was only one option, I would personally like to see a nunchunk and remote setup, simillar to the one /nando/ described in the VS thread.

The return of the challenges mode from the DS version.

Cheep Cheep presenting you with the cup at the end :grin:

Longer races with pit stops for damage and tire replacements. A first person view where you can see the wheel would be awesome too.

I want a lot more speed than in the gamecube game, and some more exciting tracks. I always thought Crash Team Racing did tracks better than Mario Kart, they need to be a bit more dynamic, a bit more interactive, a bit more exciting. Also I want to fling weapons to the side of me using the Wii remote :D