NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
corkcrumbs

Nintendo never wants to give me a job!! :(((

I just thought, maybe he went and applied for a cleaning job?

oh, so being a fan isn't enough then? ok...

thx for information about university Chris, but then I'd have to begg for money to go to something I'm not sure I'd fit in to, since I'm not great a painting (I painted constantly when I was young but nowdays I rarely do it, it's more making music now) I think I'm better at making music even if I'm pretty bad at that too, so... :( oh well...

you actually need skills to work for nintendo (formal skills)

maybe get flash and learn actionscript and make games and start there

Again, that's right, Huuuuudersfield.

I'll put you up for £60 a week ;]

If I was Nintendo, I'd sure as hell give you a job. [sarcasm/]

You'd probably be known as the guy who murdered mario.

The first thing I would do as.. something.. over at Nintendo would be to grace every VC game on wii with a new title screen, a screen that said: "UK go to bed, mommy is angry with you!"

hehehe :P and by the way, what's the point with burning when the thread starter, me that is, has already written that I agree with people that I have no qualification to get the job...

[sarcasm/] is old...

this is like a burn-burn: a burner being burnt by who he burnt in the first place!! uhhhhh!!

burn-burn!! burn-burn!! burn-burn!!

I just thought, maybe he went and applied for a cleaning job?

Yeah, yeah, I'm a night cleaner, or was that is.. I got fired, but I'm going to an interview this week for a new cleaner job vacation, so hopes are high that I get this because i soooo love to clean! Nintendo didn't even want an interview because they have so many that apply apparently, oh well...

Ohhhhh, I'm getting terrorised [sarcasm/]

Well, I would first suggest uni. If you got good gcse's then you can do anything you like. However, in the games industry you need to be good at maths and computing and design.

I'll leave now

If you really want to work for Nintendo in design I'd say your only hope is to get some massive cash behind you and go and enroll at Digipen in Redmond (beaten above). That's all coding and design from what I know. Nintendo has no development in Europe itself accept for Fuse Games, and any 3rd parties it collaborates with.

Chris the great's advice will be of the most help to you if you want to get into design. And for purely design, Huddersfield is one of the better courses IIRC. These things take shitloads of dedication though.........if you really want to get where you want to be, then say goodbye to most of your social life for a few years.

Oh, and please post up what you sent to Nintendo for thread purposes. :wink:

Yeah, I've heard about Digipen I even have a vague memory of mailing them about how much it cost and things like that, and I got a nice reply but since I don't have money myself for that, and since I'm still more into making music than games I passed on it, but I mean sure, I could probably begg for money and as for music vs gamedesign it's really just a matter of what you dedicate your creativity to I guess so...

sorry but rarely save a mail, this one I didn't save, so you can't see what I wrote to nintendo..

Ohhhhh, I'm getting terrorised [sarcasm/]

Well, I would first suggest uni. If you got good gcse's then you can do anything you like. However, in the games industry you need to be good at maths and computing and design.

I'll leave now

I'm good at math and computing as well actually, I've played shitloads of Big Brain Academy and Brain Training.. hehe.. :(

Yeah, I definitely would need some programming knowledge, I mean even if u were a music composer for games you'd still need to know some rudimentary knowledge of programming so that you could understand some of what was said in weekly meetings with programmers, designers, artists, the lot...

Other than that, no you don't really need to be able to program...

Again, that's right, Huuuuudersfield.

I'll put you up for £60 a week ;]

thx, here's my acount number: 132-GIVE-ME-TONS-OF-MONEY-8659 ;]

Yeah, I've heard about Digipen I even have a vague memory of mailing them about how much it cost and things like that, and I got a nice reply but since I don't have money myself for that, and since I'm still more into making music than games I passed on it, but I mean sure, I could probably begg for money and as for music vs gamedesign it's really just a matter of what you dedicate your creativity to I guess so...

sorry but rarely save a mail, this one I didn't save, so you can't see what I wrote to nintendo..

No problem. If you want to work straight for Nintendo from anywhere, then Digipen is the place, considering their offices are in the same building as the NST development house.

And to those few that are coming in this thread and just dishing out burns, even if the OP is just posting here to get some reactions from people..........then I say leave it out. Every now and then people on this forum are interested in how to get into development, and any discussion should be encouraged surely.

Edit - Ahhhh, disabling signatures is just bliss on this forum.

No problem. If you want to work straight for Nintendo from anywhere, then Digipen is the place, considering their offices are in the same building as the NST development house.

Somehow that little piece of information had slipped me, and that definitely puts things in perspective, yeah, now I'm definitely getting interested in Digipen... well, I'll see what I'll do, wonder if the last day for application is possible... and even if you're more of an "idea guy" and not great at painting or composing, would you still find a place there, you think?

There's a little information here about DigiPen from people who know their stuff. Might be worth checking it out, and especially considering bentllama's comment. That thread is a few years old though.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=144414&highlight=digipen

Tbh, from your comments, it sounds like you haven't got a clue as to what you want to get into. I'd decide on that before anything else, and also decide if it's possible for you to even achieve it without giving up when things starts to get tough.

You guys need to give him a break, he could be the next Shiggy!

You guys need to give him a break, he could be the next Shiggy!

i doubt it

why did he make the thread complaining that he didn't get the job if he knew he didn't have the qualifications for the job

even if they would hire me i simply cant be coarse of my wife. she doesn't want to leave our home town ever

If they hired me it'd be on the condition that they return to a playing card company.

Hanafuda cards?

It'd be good if they released some/started again when they reach a certain number of years they've been around.

I'm just a guy who wants to make games, but can't, and that's a bit frustrating.

I can for example do music on my own, so it's irritating to not being able to do games, it's just too much work for one person... and yeah, I understand why nintendo doesn't want me because I'm not good at anything. So there you have it...................

I'm just a guy who wants to make games, but can't, and that's a bit frustrating.

I can for example do music on my own, so it's irritating to not being able to do games, it's just too much work for one person... and yeah, I understand why nintendo doesn't want me because I'm not good at anything. So there you have it...................

But I thought you didn't even have a degree in it?

Nintendo didn't even want an interview because they have so many that apply apparently

I think that actual response was probably something like "Hahaha, funny joke, we will not be offering you an interview as quite frankly, every application we get is better than yours."

This guy is a fucking idiot. I'm guessing you're about 13 years old, in which case Nintendo wouldn't give you a job anyway. Actually, he kinda reminds me of THE Ganondorf...with his inability to write anything even remotely intelligent.

This right here--that's going on right here--is insanity, it makes me feel a bit like "what's the point, why develop games that people like, when people in general, with group mentailty are insane?

For the person with a heart of stone an easy answer would be "I'm doing it for myself, to please myself" and yeah, that's somewhat true, but on the internet you just get the feeling that people write what they feel deepest inside, and to be honest that's not a pretty picture, I'm getting a bit afraid of people when visiting videogame forums like these... are people really evil deepest inside, but when you meet them outside of the internet they "put on a disguise". And a guy like the Bard, how geeky isn't it to reference Zelda like that? Ok so screw that, I'm a geek as well, I just think that you all suck (everyone who wrote burns at me for now real reason), and that makes me doubt whether or not I should really even continue trying to aim at getting to develop games...

People are just getting worked up because you haven't been very realistic about this whole ordeal.

If I told you I've applied to become a surgeon without going to medical school or any medical experience whatsoever then I would only expect to be called and idiot from all 4 corners of the earth.

If you really want to develop games then persue it seriously. Maybe then we will take you seriously.

But you dont want to develop games do you?

You want to make music for them from what i can gather?

People are just getting worked up because you haven't been very realistic about this whole ordeal.

If I told you I've applied to become a surgeon without going to medical school or any medical experience whatsoever then I would only expect to be called and idiot from all 4 corners of the earth.

If you really want to develop games then persue it seriously. Maybe then we will take you seriously.

But that whole thing with the surgeon analogy isn't working, I explained that over at cubed-3 as well and they seemed to agree with me..

and what I think is unjust with that analogy is that a gamedeveloper has more in common with an author of books than with a surgeon...

I mean, if ure a wannabe surgeon and operate on a patient, that patient might die because the surgeon hadn't studied medicin.. but an author doesn't really need to have studied at a university where they lecture in the "art of writing", I mean Hemingway wrote from the heart he hadn't exactly been studying "the art of writing" prior to writing his most known work...

But I agree that a gamedeveloper ought to know some basic programming skills so that he/she doesn't get completely lost at weekend meetings with the development team... that's it.

THE Ganondorf was a member on this site, until we banned him for being a retard.

haha, ok, well then that makes sense.

But you dont want to develop games do you?

You want to make music for them from what i can gather?

Well, I guess that making music, and only music, for games would be like my last resort, I mean if you listen to my music it doesn't very much sound like video game music, or mood setting, atmospheric music, it's more like hiphop beats or.. some strange other kind of music, so I'm not sure if I would be that great at videogame music, but it's none the less a more realistic aim since I'm already pretty decent in making music.

And I don't think I've tried making videogame music yet actually...

Are you insane? You're complaining that programmers have to know how to program in order to, well, program?

Sign in to follow this