NEurope
Charlie

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Never read any of them, or been drawn to them, but still wanted to know the end.

Can someone confirmed that this is how the book starts:

Harry slowly raised his head and stared morosely at the familiar visage of number four, Privet Drive. What had already been a horrible day was rapidly getting worse.

I've ordered the book from play.com (honest) but I want to read the internets version until it arrives (tuesday probably) but I don't want some mental version where Ron and Harry do stuff ror something

I've ordered the book from play.com (honest) but I want to read the internets version until it arrives (tuesday probably) but I don't want some mental version where Ron and Harry do stuff ror something

Nope, not at all :)

Nope, not at all :)

Seriously? I thought some of the language was a bit wierd.

EDIT: What about

Harry slunk warily along the footpath, his head slightly bowed, eye’s darting up and down the street, glancing every now and then left and right. His right hand hovered over the pocket in his worn out faded jeans where his wand lay hidden, but within easy grasp. His fist was unconsciously clenching and unclenching. Most people would have found the misty cool night air soothing, pleasant, but Harry was on edge.

Also, mods I know this is bit past the rules but I honestly have paid for the book.

Nope

[spoiler=]"The men apparated out of nowhere, a few yards apart in a narrow moonlit lane.For a second they stood quite still, their wands directed at each others chests; then, recognising each other, they stowed their wands beneath their cloaks and started walking briskly in the same direction."

'News' asked the taller of the two

'The best' replied Severus Snape

Sets up such an amazing chapter, and had me in shock and I let a big gasp when I found out who the figure was!!

Well you have the first chapter which isn't with Harry anyway.. its starts off with a chapter about Voldemort. Even then the 2nd chapter (about Harry) has nothing like that sort of stuff.

Does this prove the leak online is fake?

Well you have the first chapter which isn't with Harry anyway.. its starts off with a chapter about Voldemort. Even then the 2nd chapter (about Harry) has nothing like that sort of stuff.

Does this prove the leak online is fake?

This is great. Both of these so called leaks I have downloaded are completely different. Some people have put a hell of a lot of effort into this, they are very long documents. :D

I got a leaked version because i didn't want to wait, mine starts like that and is exactly as you guys described.

http://www.mugglenet.com/

I would recommend listening to the latest podcast. Interesting discussion about the book.

Make sure you've read it first though, lots of spoilers.

Apart from the fact that grown men are talking about how they cried when they got the book, it's really good.

I finally finished it this morning, I was losing faith halfway throughout about it turning out to be a good book or not, but in the end, I think it was.

I was a bit shitted up in the first 100 pages, thought the book'd be littered with deaths, mad eye's actually brought a tear to my eye. Thing's got better as the book went on, then they got worse, I was losing faith, but then they got better again!

I love the Harry Horcrux thing, and Snape having love Lily, two things I had already speculated! I was glad with the ending, that she didn't kill anyone too main, I guess she couldn't really, it'd devastate kids the world over. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the happy ending. It is, with sad regret however, that I had to close the book knowing that there will be no more Harry Potter. :'(

This is great. Both of these so called leaks I have downloaded are completely different. Some people have put a hell of a lot of effort into this, they are very long documents. :D

That is pretty hilarious. One of the leaks was genuine, I suppose if you find one that differs in any way then it's just a really long fanfic. :wink:

That is pretty hilarious. One of the leaks was genuine, I suppose if you find one that differs in any way then it's just a really long fanfic. :wink:

I found two really long fanfics. One started with Harry lusting over Ginny. :D

Yai! Finished it. Enjoyed it very much. Defintley in my Top 3 Potter titles.

Nice ending. Shame about Lupin and Tonks being killed. Thought Lupin had suffered enough and deserved a good life after the battle was won. Nice to see Neville being a hero and killing the snake. Bit confused with the King's Cross chapter, and the whole Dumbledore back story, but will defintley re-read soon! Only disapointment was Snape's death. Seemed a bit to quick, but loved his memory's in the pensive and the fact that he looked into Harry's eye's just before he passed away, thus seeing Lilly's eye's. And I suppose it would of had been nice to see what happened to the other Weasley's and Luna aswell, but we may find out more in this Enclydopedia that she may write in a few years time

:)

My eye's got very watery when I read about Dobby's death and grave, and when Harry said in the epilogue, that there was a man in Slytherin I knew, and he was the bravest.....

Albus Severus lol :heh:

I am actually getting annoyed I'm not reading it.

Alas, the latest movie gave me some questions so I'm reading OOTP. It's as good as I remember.

Then when my dad is finished with the half blood prince I'm on to that.

turns out my copy of the book has actually arrived, but they'd left it at my neighbours house, who just happened to bring it round when i went to mum's for an hour during the day..

I can't wait to read all of the spoilers once i finish it :P Thats the only reason I am reading this book ;)

Pretty damn good, probably the most emotional reading experience I've had since reading 'Kes' everything was tied up nicely.

I would have preferred the epilogue to be quite a bit longer and being told what became of every one in the story, not just a short segment of the surviving characters lives, it didn't really give me a sense of closure.

I would have preferred the epilogue to be quite a bit longer and being told what became of every one in the story, not just a short segment of the surviving characters lives, it didn't really give me a sense of closure.

Wouldn't leave the option of doing it as part of another book, would it?

My mum is getting this tomorrow (she hasn't finished number 6), so I'll read it then.

I just finished, and i thought it was awesome. (Going to wrap it up now and give it to my sister as a bday present.)

Can anyone clarify this for me though:

Where the hell did Longbottom get the griffindor sword from, i thought the goblin ran off with it...."]

This book was awesome, a lot of people are arguing that the epilogue was a bit short though.

I hope JK does some short accounts of other characters' lives, maybe releasing them through the internet?

Why the hell isnt my spoiler working.

Because its

[spoi*ler=The spoiler title]The spoiler itself[/spo*iler]

You had put

[spoil*er=the spoiler"][/spo*iler]