NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

Where should I get a Wii from?

I have decided that I am going to buy a Wii next week but I'm wondering where I should get it from, if there are any good deals about and what games I should get. I have been playing WoW for over 2 years now and I haven't been keeping up to date with the current generation of consoles :heh:

I will continue to browse the Wii board (this is the first time I have been on it since it came about :heh: )

Hmmm... there aren't really any particularly good places to get a Wii from, as nowhere really offer bundles at the moment, and stock is still quite infrequent!

Choices is selling a Wii/Wii Sports + Resi 4 bundle for £194.99.

http://www.choicesuk.com/Product.aspx/!828226

Gamestation have a few bundles worth considering e.g. Wii + 2/3 games could save you abit...

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/cat.asp?cat=wii&t=hardware

It's more a case of; where can you find the best games at the cheapest prices!

I have been playing WoW for over 2 years now and I haven't been keeping up to date with the current generation of consoles

Wow, I bet you're needing the bathroom something chronic, huh?

At least most games shops have them in stock now. You could probably get a second-hand one quite easily too.

I played Strikers at my mates and wasn't really impressed, I'm not into football, even if Mario is involved. I'm wanting to get one mainly for the games due later in the year such as Metroid and SSB, but I want to play something now. Is there a release date for the next version of pokemon stadium? (whatever it's called).

Most places are out of them as soon as they get them, so great deals won't be had for sometime yet. I wonder why the PS3 section in my local GAME and HMV is always bigger than the Wii section even though the Wii sells a lot more?

Most places are out of them as soon as they get them, so great deals won't be had for sometime yet. I wonder why the PS3 section in my local GAME and HMV is always bigger than the Wii section even though the Wii sells a lot more?

Because Sony pay for shelf space, as do M$. They always have done (well when I worked in Game they did and that was a few years ago now). Nintendo don't, that is why you get reps from Sony and M$ but not Nintendo, the reps come to check they are getting what they pay for.

You can't beat Amazon!

They seem to have a regular supply now...

Worst comes to the worst, just break into an old people's home - they're meant to have loads :laughing:

It is good to see another person about to join the millions of us wii owners!

The only good place i can recomend is somewhere that they are in stock!

As much as i am over the moon with how fast the wii is selling, it does leave us with the problem that there will be no proper price reductions or bundles for a very loooooonnnnng time!

Anyway, i hope that you will be happy with your wii.... wow scratch that last remark!... i KNOW you will be happy with it!

A lot depends on what you want. I went into Gamestation yesterday and whilst they had the bundles that seem like good deals all the titles I really wanted were in the Pre-owned section; when I asked I was told the bundle games could only be new. I guess I can try another Gamestation because the prices were pretty good at £230 for a Wii with three games (incl. Wii Sports).

Woolworths near me has the basic setup for £174.99, which is the cheapest I've seen for the basic set-up. It seems worthwhile to check out Gamecube games as well as they're dirt cheap 2nd-hand. I don't know if there's a G-Force in your area (could be a *gasp* independent game shop in Glasgow!), but they had a really nice selection of new stuff for GC that undercut Amazon. Amazon is definitely the place to get new Wii titles though with prices that were cheaper than the 2nd hand stock at Gamestation.

I'm also planning on making the leap once I get my redundancy money in September. I'm an old-timer so it was seeing Gottlieb Pinball in the Woolies catalog that made me think this was the way to go -- in addition to the interface. I've not owned a console since the original release Playstation (Williams Arcade Classics was the selling point there -- see a theme?), so I'm kind of surprised at myself for joining the fray again, much less buying my first non-handheld Nintendo.

Apparently Tesco are giving you Big Brain Academy FREE, with every Wii purchase instore. Might not be the ultimate game to get with your Wii, but it's another free game to add to your collection.

tesco.com shows it out of stock, so I guess you have to get lucky with your local shop.

On a similar topic, is there actual scarcity, or is that only online? I've seen nothing to indicate a problem here in Glasgow with my local Woolworths showing two on the shelf and Gamestation offering multiple bundles (didn't ask at Game Force, but they also advertise some kind of two-game bundle).

find-games.co.uk is a good site to find games and consoles - I use it all the time. Here in Aberdeen the Wii is always out of stock, its very rare that you see them sitting on the shelf and whenever I'm in Game or GameStation there always seems to be someone either at the till or phoning up about Wii (and DS) availability.

(seanraaron - nice to see another Scot m8:) )

Columnar, good info I'll have to check that site out. Not to burst your bubble, but I'm an immigrant from the States, though I do have my passport and I've lived in the Central Belt (either Glasgow or Stirling) for 6 years.

Goddamn it lol :). Oh well at least you've emmigrated to a beautiful part of the world. I'll just call you a pseudo-Scot then.

Sign in to follow this