NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

The N-Europe results hyper archive sensation 2007

I got four As... whee! So now I've made my Cambridge offer.

Well done everyone else.

Wow, well done!

One of my friends is going to study medicine at Cambridge (although I haven't spoken to her since she got her results, she's smart as f**k so she'll have got them).

What a useful guide on how to be immediatly hated by everyone at your new uni.

Wait, you're going to Cambridge, go get him!

Good point... I really hope he isn't going to my college...

Wow, well done!

One of my friends is going to study medicine at Cambridge (although I haven't spoken to her since she got her results, she's smart as f**k so she'll have got them).

That's pretty amazing, medicine at Cambridge is insanely hard to get in for... all my friends who tried for it failed.

Good point... I really hope he isn't going to my college...

That's pretty amazing, medicine at Cambridge is insanely hard to get in for... all my friends who tried for it failed.

Wow well done Supergrunch!

I got 4 As!!! But I also got a U in critical thinking :D Doesn't matter though, I can just not accept it. Now I can apply for maths at Oxford.

Woah, Carling Academy? I think you mean either The Zodiac or The Venue. :wink: Although its been taken over, its soul will still be non Carling Academy (I hope). Oooh and don't forget the pretty decent climbing wall you got as well, and avoid the little nobbers next door in my old school of Cheney!

Good old cheney, the halls version blows! No one calls it the venue lol, like the really posh name!

Yeah you are right it will still be the same old sweat manfest love pit that it has always been!

Well done Supergrunch, although from what I saw in the Homework thread there was little chance of you not getting those results. Congratulations never the less.

Oh and all you guys dissing Oxford studnets, where not all bad. Personally I've never rowed a single stroke (or even being inclined), and I spent a fair amount of time down (well up) at Brookes, I even danced on their university team. I do know what you mean there are a lot of snobby gits at Oxford, but they tend to look down on me just as much as Brookes peeps. However, there tend to be WAY more rich and snobby people at brookes, you can tell who they are because they say they go to "Brookes College, Oxford" (no lie).

Anyway I'm doing my PGCE at oxford this year, and I'll probably be still dancing for them brookes, so I might see you round. I should organise a wii session when I get everything sorted (like where i'm living...).

Medics at Cambridge are shit. They know their stuff but in practical situations they aren't meant to be that good really..

Plus, 20 odd hours of lectures for 3 years, then they teach you the clinical stuff? No thanks.

congrats to the rest of you guys!

Medics at Cambridge are shit. They know their stuff but in practical situations they aren't meant to be that good really..

Plus, 20 odd hours of lectures for 3 years, then they teach you the clinical stuff? No thanks.

I never gave any judgement on the quality of the course, I just said that it was bloody hard to get into. :wink:

"Brookes College, Oxford" (no lie)

dear lord. I can assure you I most certainly don't say that..

Come to think of it there are more rahs in brookes than anythign!

Beware oxford people! I play a mean game of smashbros XD

he looks like an idiot

smart person though

But if the tests are getting easier as they claim, it's worth fuck all.

OK I didn't post my results because of how pissed I am and how much crap I had to try and sort out. (man I'm so praying here).

Basically I ended up getting a C in both Biology and Chemistry (needing a B in both to go where I want to).

Funny thing is, I only got a C in Chemistry because of my coursework, which my teacher said was an A (75/90). I checked the paper, it said I got a B for it (68/90)... Now when I check my overall Chemistry points, I got 413/600... which means if I really did get those extra 7 points, I'd have a B!! All my teachers tried calling him up, no answer...

Funny thing is, on the school cards, it says I got 76/90, but the exam board said they didn't drop any points from any coursework?! So now my sixth form is appealing.

Biology was a few marks off from a B too... I'm so pissed! (My teachers appealed for that too).

Now uni still hasn't decided my fate (they're still considering my situation, after knowing all that has happened)... and I'm more worried now than I was now than when I was going to get my results... wish me luck people :).

Oh and sorry about the long rant, but I have some rotten luck at the mo :(.

Wow unlucky D-day! Sounds like something fishy going on! Good luck with the appeal!

Friend just failed her theory test =[ shes gona have to now do 50questions.

OK I didn't post my results because of how pissed I am and how much crap I had to try and sort out. (man I'm so praying here).

Basically I ended up getting a C in both Biology and Chemistry (needing a B in both to go where I want to).

Funny thing is, I only got a C in Chemistry because of my coursework, which my teacher said was an A (75/90). I checked the paper, it said I got a B for it (68/90)... Now when I check my overall Chemistry points, I got 413/600... which means if I really did get those extra 7 points, I'd have a B!! All my teachers tried calling him up, no answer...

Funny thing is, on the school cards, it says I got 76/90, but the exam board said they didn't drop any points from any coursework?! So now my sixth form is appealing.

Biology was a few marks off from a B too... I'm so pissed! (My teachers appealed for that too).

Now uni still hasn't decided my fate (they're still considering my situation, after knowing all that has happened)... and I'm more worried now than I was now than when I was going to get my results... wish me luck people :).

Oh and sorry about the long rant, but I have some rotten luck at the mo :(.

Good luck mate, My results didn't go as planned either so I know it can be frustrating.

Here's my results:

Applied ICT (363/600) C©

- IT01 ICT and Society (100) 57 D

- IT02 ICT and Organisations (100) 60 C

- IT03 Data Handling (100) 55 D

- IT08 Project Management (100) 68 C

- IT10 Advanced Spreadsheet Design (100) 52 D

- IT14 Interactive Multimedia (100) 71 B

Media Studies (395/600) C©

- Unit 2731 Textual Analysis (90) 51 D

- Unit 2733 Advanced Production (120) 97 A

- Unit 2734 Critical Research Study (90) 42 E

- Unit 2735 Media Issues and Debates (90) 53 D

Advanced Subsidary:

English Language (197/300) C©

- ENB1 Intro. to the Study of Language (105) 82 B

- ENB2 Language and Social Contexts (105) 44 E

- ENB3 Original Writing (90) 71 B

Law (138/300) E(e)

- LAW1 Law Making (90) 59 C

- LAW2 Disputes Solving (90) 49 D

- LAW3 The Concept of Liability (120) 30 U

I could do without doing a 3rd year to finish English and Law because I already have enough points. Although I want to do an English Langauge degree, so ill need to...

I also have a D at Advanced Level General Studies, but It was something extra... our college were forced to do it...

Woah, Carling Academy? I think you mean either The Zodiac or The Venue. :wink: Although its been taken over, its soul will still be non Carling Academy (I hope). Oooh and don't forget the pretty decent climbing wall you got as well, and avoid the little nobbers next door in my old school of Cheney!

I'm living about 2 minutes from the Zodiac next year. Heh, I'd like to think that I'd play there sometime in the next two years ;)

And by the way not all the colleges are snobby! It's mostly Christchurch.

Oh and all you guys dissing Oxford studnets, we're not all bad. Personally I've never rowed a single stroke (or even being inclined),

Haha, I rowed before I came for about 3 years. In the end the sooner you realise it's shit the better.

Oh shit. I just discovered that if I got 2 more marks on my Psychology and Gen.

Studies paper, I'd have gotten a C.

That's irritating.

Oh shit. I just discovered that if I got 2 more marks on my Psychology and Gen.

Studies paper, I'd have gotten a C.

That's irritating.

Ouch, that must be really annoying.

Is there no way that you can appeal to get those extra marks?

The problem with appeals is that sometimes marks can go down as well as up.

I could take a resit but to be honest:

- I'm dropping Psychology anyway.

- It's General Studies. :P

omg only a week until gcse rsults!! im really scared bout french, i fink ive probably failed dat!! lol

Roflcopters to that.

6 days (nearly 5). people do know that GCSE's really mean nothing (concurred by my Chemistry teacher) If you get a few grades under par, it doesnt matter

As long as you get your Maths and English above a C then the rest don't really count for much.

It's true. Heh, I remember last year's forum panic for GCSE's. Feels weird to be passing on advice now :P

Sign in to follow this