NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ant-Shimmin

Microsoft Zune

I used to think having an FM radio was a big thing. But with BBC Radios Listen Again feature i can still listen to what i want, when i want, and not have to compromise to get it. Commercial Radio is overrated. Plus internet radio is the big thing atm-hence the music industry killing them off for fear of not making as much money as possible-wankers.

Since it links in with the topic Microsoft are now going to build the Zune themselves (in a way). This in some respects now de-valuates my previous post, but it would be interesting to see how Microsoft goes about making its zune nano Zune nano

Some people like the radio?

Like me.

Buy a portable radio for a fiver? It will work better than one on an MP3 player too.

We all know what happens when Microsofts builds hardware themselves.

So maybe it's not the best news, actually.

Note no one builds stuff themselves.

Anyway Sony might have a overly expensive unsupported console but that holds no weight against what their say LCD tvs are like (better than the PS3 in terms of investment).

Not as much bang for your buck from macbooks doesnt mean you aint getting it from an ipod (which does).

Though I am a bit skeptical, apparently 33% failure rate... Sloppy on behalf of the initial designers fault (not enough solder)

Buy a portable radio for a fiver? It will work better than one on an MP3 player too.

Why not lug around a 3MP camera with optical zoom, a basic phone, a calculator, a mp3 player and a radio in your pocket?

Convenience

Note no one builds stuff themselves.

Why not lug around a 3MP camera with optical zoom, a basic phone, a calculator, a mp3 player and a radio in your pocket?

Convenience

You have to admit: sepertaly, they always work better. The quality of a standalone camera is better than the ones buld-in to phones, you calculate much faster (and can do more, like square-roots and logaritmes) on a calculator. Just those two, though. The rest could be easely combined in one device without loss of convenience.

And about the stuff for 'themselves' - I didn't said Microsoft build it for themselves, I said they build it themselves - you know, like Bill Gates with a tube of superglue and loads of hardware. The Xboxes Bill made personally, have quite a high failure rate... So I don't trust things microsoft buold themselves.

I'm just happy because Toshiba no longer have to stand by Microsofts anti competition policy, where they stopped releasing their own players in the UK and US because of the zune. Their latest flash mp3 player seems pretty good with 32 hrs battery life.

Where for 99 quid!!

and @ten: Yesh! ToS OVA!

Amazon UK Marketplace.

There are some blacks going around 150~, The cheaper ones are all brown.. but they are going for 100 ish. :(

£100ish is a good price. Imagine the price when it officially launches.

£100ish is a good price. Imagine the price when it officially launches.

It wont be above £150 ish. Has it even got a date for here yet? The current version is like a year old now . . .

It wont be above £150 ish. Has it even got a date for here yet? The current version is like a year old now . . .

Mid-late 2008. They won't expand on it until they make more money from it.

it only came out in america last november.

I am buying one in the next few days, can't wait. I owuld mauch rather get this than any apple mp3 product. I want to not have to replace it very few months.

(from experience)

it only came out in america last november.

I am buying one in the next few days, can't wait. I owuld mauch rather get this than any apple mp3 product. I want to not have to replace it very few months.

(from experience)

I've had the same iPod for over 3 years now with no problems whatsoever, and my brother has had a first gen iPod Nano for 18 months with no problems either

I would assume you won't get warranty cover if your zune breaks though and you live in the UK since MS don't support it here yet. But this is just an assumption on my part since I've not looked into it yet

I'm currently trying to get a Halo 3 Zoon. I will be keeping my ipod as I have a special car connector for it, but I'm a sucker for special edition stuff, especially when it is Halo related >.<

There is a Halo 3 edition with all sorts of soundtracks and trailers on

Saw a zune yesterday for the first time in the flesh (plastic?!), my lord that thing is massive! It's much bigger than the 80gb ipod and it only has 30gb of space . . .

Saw a zune yesterday for the first time in the flesh (plastic?!), my lord that thing is massive! It's much bigger than the 80gb ipod and it only has 30gb of space . . .

its just a bit thicker. don't over exaggerate.

From a website

You want a bigger screen: Zune.

You need an all-you-can-eat subscription service: Zune.

You want a store with a larger music library: iPod.

You want a movie and TV store: iPod.

You want contacts, calendar, notes, stopwatch, and iPod Games: iPod.

You want to be different/want something new: Zune.

Xbox 360 owners who purchase music and want streaming: Zune.

Xbox 360 owners who purchase music and don't want streaming: iPod.

You want a scratch resistant player: Zune.

You want a built-in FM tuner: Zune.

You want a touch-sensitive scroll wheel: iPod.

ipodvszune.jpg

Only reason i'm buying a zune is because its scratch resistent, there's a video on youtube somewhere of a guy usuing a key and pressing it quite ard across the zune screen and nothing happens, with the ipod it gets basically destroyed.

Sign in to follow this