NEurope
Retro_Link

Cruis'n Exclusive! (Best graphics on Wii!!) :p

cruisn-tba-20070627041843838-000.jpg

Official concept art for Cruis'n, a Wii exclusive sequel to the classic racing franchise.
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/800/800090p1.html

Midway Speeds Cruis'n Exclusively to Wii

Classic racing franchise reborn -- only on Nintendo's new console.

Veteran gamers and arcade aficionados will no doubt remember Midway's classic racing games, Cruis'n USA and Cruis'n the World. On Wednesday, the publisher revealed exclusively to IGN Wii that a new entry into the franchise is underway and it's being created specifically and only for Nintendo's next-generation console.

Unfortunately, details on the game, which is simply called Cruis'n, are slim. What we do know is that players will be able to pick from "an impressive lineup of cars" that they can speed through twelve different street circuits. The title will be controlled with the Wii remote, presumably held classic style to steer. Meanwhile, the vehicles can be fitted with upgraded turbos, body kits, neon displays and nitrous boosters, among other things.

Otherwise, Midway is keeping really quiet about the racer, which is due out this November -- again, exclusively for Wii.

The company also announced through IGN one more Wii title, Game Party, and three DS projects, including a handheld version of Mortal Kombat.

"The Wii and Nintendo DS require games that are innovative and take full advantage of a unique control scheme to offer a truly different type of gameplay experience," said Matt Booty, executive vice president - worldwide studios, Midway. "We are very excited to be bringing classic Midway franchises such as Mortal Kombat [DS] and Cruis'n along with powerful licensed content like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends to the massive installed base of Nintendo system owners."

"Nintendo is very excited to be working with Midway to have these great brands and new products come exclusively to Wii and Nintendo DS," said George Harrison, senior vice president, marketing and corporate communications, Nintendo of America Inc. "These new games paired with the unique controls of Wii and Nintendo DS will continue to expand videogames to new audiences."

No screens as of yet, but we do have the first official piece of concept art for the game. Look out for more in the coming months.

Nice Nintendo-Midway relationship starting up!

Cool. I liked Crusin' World on my N64. Sounds like it is trying to appeal to the 'chav' this time round tho...

Could have online play, considering Midway's Mortal Kombat on the DS has.

Urgh, the Crusin' games were only ever good in the arcades.

They just felt boring and pointless when it came to the console version. This is one franchise they shouldn't have brought back from the grave.

I can't say I have fond memories of the franchise but who knows....I won't discount it yet.

Weren't the Crusin games mostly rubbish?

Still fresh new start and all that.

Cruisin' world was the only part that actually was OK. It was even called the best racer on the N64 by Nintendo Official Magazine, before RR64 came out.

Cruisin' USA was way too short for a home console game, and, well, Cruisin' Exotica was quickly thrown together to get released before the N64 would get replaced by the cube.

The originals were appalling and I can't see why anyone would be excited over the resurection of this shite.

Ha wow a midway nintendo relationship.

That means.......more shit!:yay

Seriously besides mortal kombat what the hell else is midway good for.

Go on someone say rampart(has anyone even heard of this game but me)

I actually liked the Crus'n games, theres some optimism for a decent offering here with the released concept art...

"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH OHWOOOOOOOH OHWOWOWOWOWOHOH" <-- Brought back memories of the map/car selection screen...

Ha wow a midway nintendo relationship.

That means.......more shit!:yay

Seriously besides mortal kombat what the hell else is midway good for.

Go on someone say rampart(has anyone even heard of this game but me)

I remember Rampart, it was ace!

I played Cruis'n World to death. Really loved that game but it was the second game I ever owned I think so my standards weren't that high.

Still have good memories about it so I'm quite interested how this will turn out.

That's the DS version right....RIGHT!!

There is no DS version. Just the Wii version.

cruisinsuxotica_10.jpg

cruisn2.jpg

Only improvement I see is the cars..

Some horrible screens there. let's just say it was captured or saved badly. I'll wait for a movie...

GOTY

obviously a joke like this game

Classic.

This look like the N64 game, I'd even go as far as saying the cars look better in the '64 version.

Sweet banana! That looks utterly... utterly... utterly... for lack of a stronger word: horrible!! :shakehead

horrifying, awful, terrible, nasty, atrocious, ghastly, hideous, horrific, repulsive, dreadful, upsetting, shocking, unspeakable, horrendous, abysmal, appalling, repugnant, dire, SHIT

Cant think of any more but there aren't enough words in the English Language to accurately describe this game.

Oh dear...
It's even funnier if you compare it to a nice looking Wii game:

carcomppa8.jpg

Seriously, some developers shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Wii dev kit. :blank:

It's even funnier if you compare it to a nice looking Wii game:

carcomppa8.jpg

Seriously, some developers shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Wii dev kit. :blank:

...and to think that was a launch title.:shakeheadFor US anyways

This is pretty sweet! (in some twisted, sadomasochistic way, of course)

And damn you Retro_Link for actually making me believe your propaganda in the updated topic title... damn you... :cry:

And damn you Retro_Link for actually making me believe your propaganda in the updated topic title... damn you... :cry:
Actually you can blame me for that.

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist. :grin: