NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
pdhq64

The ONE Wii game to buy....

I haven't bought a Wii yet, but somehow convinced myself last night that I need one. Something to do with sitting at a desk all day, then sitting in front of the TV all evening. I dunno..

Anyway, I've got no idea what games are actually any good. There have always been games that have been awesome, but have gotten no publicity at all.

I think I can only afford to shell out just over £200 at the moment, so I'm looking at a Wii and one game. If you could choose, what would it be?

Ta. :)

Holy fuck, its pd! Hey! :D

One game? Zelda. Its a no brainer.

Well you get Wii Sports free which is a great introduction to the Wii itself but as for buying another game im not sure. If you want a decent size game go with Zelda, if you want a fun game with a great amount of unlockables and replay value get ExciteTruck, you havent played Resident Evil 4 then snap that up. Depending on what you want out of a game then I would go with one of them 3.

I know that I should really say Zelda, but I'm inclined to suggest Mario Strikers Charged. Once I completed Zelda that was it, but with Strikers, I have played it every single day since launch, so you will defintley get your money's worth there.

I know that I should really say Zelda, but I'm inclined to suggest Mario Strikers Charged. Once I completed Zelda that was it, but with Strikers, I have played it every single day since launch, so you will defintley get your money's worth there.

It depends if he is willing to go online with his Wii. Mario Strikers single player is very, very short lived and could probably be beaten within a weekend.

Zelda, of all the games I have.

But the Godfather isn't too bad either.

I would definately say Mario Striker if you go online.

Reason: Then you could join the N-E league. Totally selfish. Got my best interests in mind not yours.

Zelda

Zelda

Zelda

If you didnt it would be like buying a 360 without Gears of War

Zelda......... and either SSX Blur or Excite Truck (I'd go with Blur, although some people don't like getting used to the controls).

Holy fuck, its pd! Hey! :D

Hey :)

I actually forgot about Zelda...what the hell? I might have to get that as well as another game...

Not sure my internet connection would be any good for online play - 3G internet through a phone isn't so hot... :(

I remember Excitetruck from E3 last year...it turned out pretty good then?

Oh the choices...!

Zelda

Zelda

Zelda

If you didnt it would be like buying a 360 without Gears of War

I'm not getting Gears of War with my 360 this weekend... I don't think it's that good a game, I've completed it, played it online plenty, I'm pretty decent at it... but I just don't think it's a decent game!

You forgot about Zelda?!

Well, I think Zelda and ExciteTruck. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition is also out, so you may consider that.

Mario Strikers Charged is very fun online, especially with people you know. Haven't even touched the single player yet.

Hey :)

I actually forgot about Zelda...what the hell? I might have to get that as well as another game...

Not sure my internet connection would be any good for online play - 3G internet through a phone isn't so hot... :(

I remember Excitetruck from E3 last year...it turned out pretty good then?

Oh the choices...!

It wasn't bad, and was certainly a laugh. Worth in my opinion. SSX Blur is a good game as well. And of course Resident Evil 4 has just come out if you didn't play it on Gamecube. Sonic and the Secret Rings isn't bad either.

I'd go with SSX Blur. Heaps of tournaments - races, slalom, halfpipes plus freerides and lots of things to collect. It's the sort of game you can keep coming back to and you can play it for ten minutes or two hours.

Mario Strikers - I'm not sure about. I bought Eledees, Mercury Meltdown and Strikers recently and have played Mario Strikers least. I'm enjoying it but not as much as other games and I don't think I'll still be playing it in a few month's time. If you aren't going online, then I'd say it's not worth it. Eledees, on the other hand is great but prob not everyone's cup of tea. I also loved Kororinpa - quirky but intuitive - but prob not one of the first games you would buy for the Wii.

As someone else suggested I'd also look at The Godfather. I really fancied playing it on the Wii as the controls are supposed to work really well but I played it on Playstation 2 so couldn't really justify paying full price for it again. I've decided to wait for Scarface instead. Great game though.

I'm gonna have to say Zelda. It'll keep you busy *at least* until you find that you need to/can get a second game.

I would say Twilight Princess, definitely. And if you need some first person action, I highly recommend Red Steel.

Excite truck is the true no brainer. TP is a bore and not the revolution in gaming that you have been looking for.

Sign in to follow this