NEurope
Jimmy3000

WWE Superstar Chris Benoit and family found dead

Cant belive what i am hearing here but Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in there hotel room. Links to story:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=25101&p=1

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=29025

This is really tragic news, dont know what to say really. The guy was one of the best performers in the WWE and the fact that his family has died aswell is shocking...

news in the meaning less post of the day thread, were talking about it their.

WWE raw started and opened with an empty arena and vince in the ring giving details on what happened, 3 hour raw show is a tribute to chirs.

wiki as per usual has updated very quickly in regards to benoit.

Im literally shocked I thought murder at first but the coughing up blood thing the day before sounds like the whole family caught something really bad and all died.

RIP he was a superb wrestler.

news in the meaning less post of the day thread, were talking about it their.
A perfect example of a time that thread should not have been used, and a new thread was more appropriate - which is part of what lead to the new rules and temporary closing of that thread ;)

I'm not gonna call bullshit on this because it seems too sick a joke to pull, people will be going out of their way to visit or pay condolences which could wind up with their getting sued for the lie.

I'm wondering if it's some crazed fan with a gun, you never know in America. Some kind of tragic accident seems more likely.

Edit: the 2nd and 3rd links seem to have died already....

PW Headlines stated that Benoit called in to WWE Sunday and said he would be unable to make it back as his family was ill and they were spitting up blood.

Thats what wiki says and must be the reason he died :(

I cant believe him and guerro were both champs not so long ago and now there both dead. :/

I can't believe this...this guy was one of my favourite wrestlers, ever. :(

Strangely enough, I was just looking at some pages of him yesterday. I can't believe he's dead...:(

A perfect example of a time that thread should not have been used, and a new thread was more appropriate - which is part of what lead to the new rules and temporary closing of that thread ;)

I'm not gonna call bullshit on this because it seems too sick a joke to pull, people will be going out of their way to visit or pay condolences which could wind up with their getting sued for the lie.

I'm wondering if it's some crazed fan with a gun, you never know in America. Some kind of tragic accident seems more likely.

Edit: the 2nd and 3rd links seem to have died already....

Ah right, ok, sorry.

It is a bit shocking though, and the coughing up blood thing makes it sound worse.

Seems all very strange.

I used to like Benoit back in the Y2J vs Benoit days even tho I was always on Jerichos side.

Such a shame.

I don't believe this, i only just went to WWE.com because i remembered i forgot to check the results of Judgement Day PPV, when i saw Benoit on the front page i though, cool he must have won the ECW title at the PPV, then i read the headline, and just went into shock.

It's unbeleivable, and his wife and son too, what the hell happened?

And with that whole "Did Vince die" story they were doing this is just very disturbing, it's like they went and tempted fate and fate has a cruel side to it.

I'm in shock, i still haven't fully come to terms with Eddies death and now Chris?

Weird. Couldn't care less about wrestling (I have my eyes on you Zé!), but a man and his whole family?

Damn, that's just sick.

Weird. Couldn't care less about wrestling (I have my eyes on you Zé!), but a man and his whole family?

Damn, that's just sick.

Ah-ah. :D Já viste quem é o gajo???? É o nosso amigo caralho! :D Aquele giga palancho que tava sempre a dar quando viamos essa merda em casa do luís. :D

Ah-ah. :D Já viste quem é o gajo???? É o nosso amigo caralho! :D Aquele giga palancho que tava sempre a dar quando viamos essa merda em casa do luís. :D

Ai é esse? lol Esse gajo já tinha mil anos!

Erm... little mafia moment here, move along.

News reports are quoting authorities as saying the death of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and son Daniel, is being investigated as a homicide.

Furthermore, the Atlanta-Journal Constitution altered the paragraph of their article on the Benoit family deaths. The third paragraph of the article originally read:

"Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death."

The third paragraph of the article has been changed to read:

"Officials were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide."

Furthermore, the lieutenant on the case, Lt. Tommy Pope, said the three were actually found dead at their home at around 2:30 p.m., not 4:00 p.m. like originally reported by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution. The lieutenant said results of autopsies were expected Tuesday.

MyFoxAtlanta.com article

I don't know a whole bunch about wrestling (ok none...) but a whole family dying is just sad:(.

are you refering to north america or the united states of america

Most likely USA...

EDIT: It's saying now it looks like a double murder-suicide...

are you refering to north america or the united states of america
Yes. Both of those.

So it was a double-murder suicide. Guess that guy was out of the loop. Didn't anyone notice, with him being in the public eye so much, that he needed therapy or something? Such a tragic shame and disgustingly selfish thing to do.

One of the best Pro-Wrestlers ever. wish he would of Remained touring Japan instead of the WWE.

never really got the chance too watch his work in the WWE as it not my thing. saw 90% of his matches in Japan and he was one of the best!

I still dont get this murder suicide thing do you think he poisoned his own family? Or is that coughing up blood stuff a bull story he made up to management then? Or was it the effects of the poision kicking in or something. Man this is confusing if it turns out he did kill his family I wonder how WWE will react.

Sorry to quote wiki again but it is providing up to date info on this.

Links to the real stories are there if you check.

Pope also stated the police are not searching for any suspects outside of the house, as the instruments of death were located at scene of the crime.[86]

The same day Detective Bo Turner of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told television station WAGA-TV that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, and the station reported that investigators believe that Benoit murdered his wife and son over the weekend and commited suicide sometime on Monday. [87]

All I can say is wow.

Since Raw was going to be starting at 1am here in the UK due o the "Vince Memorial" I decided to stay up and watch a little. I was shocked and saddened when the graphic came up of Beniot. When the show started and all you saw was Vince in the empty arena, I knew that it was something terrible.

Benoit was one of the few truly great wrestlers left, I always enjoyed watching his matches. I got to see him wrestle at live events over here, and seeing him jump off that top rope is something that is amazing to see.

One of my favourites was between Chris and William Regal at the last Cyber Sunday (I think). I have the rest of RAW to watch later, but I just know that it is going to be a hard thing to watch.

RIP Chris. :cry: :cry: