N-Europe

Lionhead Studios

triforce_keeper

I made this thread because Lionhead Studios is one of my favourite game developers ever.

Their games are so original and I just love the games!

Black and White 2 is one of my favourite games, I just love the idea, and it's probably because I love God games but I just think it just stands out from all the other games out there. I heard it didnt sell very well? So I'm thinking if it's only me that thought it was great :confused:

Also Fable is a fantastic game, I enjoyed this so much, the story's great, the graphics are impressive, the A.I is brilliant! And I love how you have full control of what your character is going to look look, what his personality is, how he fights. Fable 2 is one of my most anticipated games at the moment :D

Then there's The Movies, I have a few good weeks with this game, but lost it's magic quickly, like the Sims. I mean it was a totally Fresh idea and I really loved the originality, but it got repetitive very quickly.

I never played the origanal Black & White so I can't comment on that really :indeed:

So your thoughts?

Guest Jordan
I made this thread because Lionhead Studios is one of my favourite game developers ever.

Their games are so original and I just love the games!

Black and White 2 is one of my favourite games, I just love the idea, and it's probably because I love God games but I just think it just stands out from all the other games out there. I heard it didnt sell very well? So I'm thinking if it's only me that thought it was great :confused:

Also Fable is a fantastic game, I enjoyed this so much, the story's great, the graphics are impressive, the A.I is brilliant! And I love how you have full control of what your character is going to look look, what his personality is, how he fights. Fable 2 is one of my most anticipated games at the moment :D

Then there's The Movies, I have a few good weeks with this game, but lost it's magic quickly, like the Sims. I mean it was a totally Fresh idea and I really loved the originality, but it got repetitive very quickly.

I never played the origanal Black & White so I can't comment on that really :indeed:

So your thoughts?

Black and White 2 is the biggest pile of garbage ever. Even Peter admitted it was shit. The original was shit, but not as bad as 2.

Fable, despite being kinda good, was over hyped, feature cut and an on rails RPG if there ever was one.

The Movies was disappointingly bad also.

My thoughts? Fable 2 better be fucking good Mr. Monlyneux (sp)...

They do over hype their games incredibly but I do praise them heavily for 2 things.

Originality

Lots of "character" in their characters

Still laugh my ass off when i think of those guys building the arc in B&W: "Iddle-iddle-eee, iddle-iddle-ee, we ain't going no where til we get some meat!"

I liked Black and White. The Movies was fun for a few hours and then the motivation to play on was getting smaller and smaller. I felt that the game somehow did not want me to be creative - all this star upgrading, releasing movies became stressing instead of challenging.

I mostly ended up concentrating on one movie and putting out average movies with a few clicks to keep my money on a good level.

Fable sounded promising and ended up being good - like many other games. I blame that on Molyneux if he would be a bit more quiet the game would have been so much greater - but instead people started complaining about missing features instead of playing a really good PC RPG.

Fable is one of my favorite games probably for the original Xbox. I can play that game for days strait with no sleep. But the game is a bit short... Me and friend of mine who also loves Fable had a contest once who could beat it the fastest. And the winning time was like 4hr 39min or something. (Mine:))

But still an awesome game in my opinion, and I can't wait for Fable 2! But the videos of Fable 2 on the marketplace showed him having a gun which made me angry.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for such a huge bump! just ordered Fable for £5 off amazon....thought I play it again because its such an awesome game!

Oh and is there an ralease date for Fable 2? Many sites like Gameplay/GAME saying October but I think its going to be early 08 sadly...

Yeah, I think it's going to be out around the middle of next year, I remember Peter Molyneux saying they were going to take a year to polish it or something like that; it's looking good right now anyway!

I loved B&W1 + Movies + Fable! They all certain qualities; I loved the sailors! Eiddle Eiddle-ee Eiddle Eiddle-ee we ain't goin' nowhere t'ill we get some graaiinnn..

I loved making really stupid movies when certain characters would just suddenly die and stuff, and I loved the captions of what they were doing; the one I remember most fondly was when my Actress was in the bathroom and was 'Squatting one out' Ohh, it did make me laugh.

Fable - although extremely overhyped - was a good play for me, I loved walking around as Chicken Chaser, then Arseface, then finally Avatar.

Now we've just got to hope Fable 2 is the greatest thing ever... I'm sure it will be! :D