NEurope
Daft

Wimbledon

Over 4 hours...

And he is playing Lopez next round. I saw him play last week and he was unimpressive to say the least.

I love Tim Henman.

As great a player as Murray is, and as Scottish as he is, I just prefer Tim. He just makes everything so much more exciting :D

he is shit. henman is the biggest failure ever. at least murray (the complete prick he is) has real potential. Natural ability that henman has never had.

he is shit. henman is the biggest failure ever. at least murray (the complete prick he is) has real potential. Natural ability that henman has never had.

Couldn't have said it better!

There are many good players who have never won a grand slam. Saying that Henman has never had any natural ability is a complete joke, he was 4th (5th?) in for fuck's sake. It's just because of stupid people that think that because he's British he has to win wimbledon or else he's a complete failure. Stop giving him stick, he's the best we've fucking got (this year anyway, next year you can all moan about Murray).

He worked hard to get there. he is not built to play the modern game of tennis. For him to get that highly ranked is testiment to how hard he worked. Fact is he is not as NATURALLY tallented as half the people entered for wimbledon. He is a complete failure. What has he won? Yes he is the best we've got doesn't mean i have to put kid gloves on. i am just facing facts.

Murray i absolutely hate but he is better than henman NATURALLY. If he doesn't win a major competition by the time he gets to henmans point in his carreer then i will be calling him a failure too.

That makes no sense. If Henman wasn't talented enough to win wimbledon, why is he a failure for not winning? He's worked hard, like you said, and has probably been successful enough do to himself justice (won 11 singles titles I believe, none of them grand slams). Although you're definition of failure seems to be not winning a grand slam, in which case a very large majority of tennis players are failures.

Yes but how many of them have the resources that henman has? Henman has had the best the brittish can offer in terms of support and training. some of those other failures would have won at least 1 major tournament with that sort of backing.

Yes but how many of them have the resources that henman has? Henman has had the best the brittish can offer in terms of support and training. some of those other failures would have won at least 1 major tournament with that sort of backing.

But it's a well established fact that British Tennis resources are utter shit, that's why Murray went off to Barcelona (somewhere in Spain at least)!

Does anyone know if any more matches are going to start today because I wanna see Baghdatis vs Gulbis?

So, Henman is going to be playing any second now. Have you all remembered to book the week off work?

Think he's gunna win?

Yup. He has a good record against lefties and Lopez is a lazy player. Also Lopez doesn't like grass.

Rain rain rain!

I was hoping Federer could have eased through before getting rained off! Its funny that Henman's the last hope once again, haha it wasnt like Murray had a hope of winning it anyway. I hope Nandal gets dumped out asap as well.

Dunno who I wanna win the womens side, dont really care about it. It would be nice to see Ivanovic going one better than her French Open efforts and winning SW19. It'd be good if Mauresmo could win it again as well...

Common TIM....not.

Damn, Lopez is playing quite well...I didn't think he would take the first set and he is quite good at tie breakers...

Looks as thougn tim henmans going to lose against lopez, or at least it did about 20 mins ago, I've not checked whats going on since.

Oooo...Safin has broken Federer....

Edit:....Jinxed it.....

Did anyone else watch Tipsy (don't know his real name we shortened it to that) against Garcia?

Amazing last set. Glad Tipsy won, he's never beaten anyone seeded top 10.

Damn it, Federerererer is just too good...

Did anyone else watch Tipsy (don't know his real name we shortened it to that) against Garcia?

Amazing last set. Glad Tipsy won, he's never beaten anyone seeded top 10.

I was half watching. Tipsarevic played damn well...actually they both did.

What? He's reached the Wimbledon semi finals about 3 times. That's an impressive achievement.

What the hell happened to Williams today? She hurt or something?