NEurope
taiomi

Snes,Hori and the classic controller

I recently bought a classic controller for 7 quid (the box was opened so it was half price!)

The classic controller finished my collection of the snes style nintendo pads

What do you think?

And have I missed any?

40600309.jpg

Just for the sake of completion, you can get an adaptor that lets you play VC games with your actual SNES pad.

Just for the sake of completion, you can get an adaptor that lets you play VC games with your actual SNES pad.

Cool!

Have you got any links with pictures or info?

Cool!

Have you got any links with pictures or info?

where did you bought the hori controller in black? I'm interested.

I have one but it's indigo. Hori must be stupid; now, not doing more of these controllers and with variants in white and such... hell, 3rd parties should be making SNES, Genesis/Mega Drive, NES replica controllers.

Anyway... SNES adaptor? here you go:

-> http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?categoryID=80

EDIT: Review:

-> http://the-bell-tree.com/vg/reviews/snes-retroport.php

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Out of stock though, Hori should really get to work, now a SNES pad (and others) make more sense than they ever did.

Oh man sorry its out of stock...

And I totally agree with you the hori digital controller is amazing to play with I think tha 3rd party manufactures and hori should fix up!

Oh man sorry its out of stock...

And I totally agree with you the hori digital controller is amazing to play with I think tha 3rd party manufactures and hori should fix up!

No problem :)

I really like Hori as a manufacturer (not only this controller in particular) but I've always felt they are the only ones to match (or come close) to the quality of the official nintendo acessories.

Seriously, if they appeared with some N64 controller clone with white wiimote-like finish (and plugged into the GC plugs or Wiimote) I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and I don't understand why no 3rd party is showing at least mock-ups of that.

No problem :)

I really like Hori as a manufacturer (not only this controller in particular) but I've always felt they are the only ones to match (or come close) to the quality of the official nintendo acessories.

Seriously, if they appeared with some N64 controller clone with white wiimote-like finish (and plugged into the GC plugs or Wiimote) I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and I don't understand why no 3rd party is showing at least mock-ups of that.

My dreams come true!

Woooooo!

I feel faint..............

An N64 pad with an analog stick that doesnt destroy my thumb? Sign me up.

An N64 pad with an analog stick that doesnt destroy my thumb? Sign me up.

How about an N64 pad that doesn't break eally easily. I love my N64 collection, shame I don;t get to play it anymore :(

Absolutely, they make really high quality stuff.

I got my black Hori digital pad from Play-Asia (also out of stock now) it's an awesome pad. Reckon the Classic controller is still better for SNES VC games though purely because of the button layout.

Wow, didn't know they'd made a SNES port thingy to hook it up to the Wii, I'm tempted to buy one, though for that price I could probably fund a 'classic' controller instead, though my contempt for them makes me unwilling. Does anyone know anywhere you can get old SNES pads from? I still have my original one, but I'd like to get another one to use and keep my original one as alive as possible.

I recently bought a classic controller for 7 quid (the box was opened so it was half price!)

The classic controller finished my collection of the snes style nintendo pads

What do you think?

And have I missed any?

40600309.jpg

you need the north american snes controller with the purple buttons

you need the north american snes controller with the purple buttons

Cool I will get one now!

and to the person wanting to buy a snes pad I have seen some boxed in second hand shops where do you live?

I remember buying the Indigo pad years ago when Soul Calibur II came out on the cube. I cannot find it now and really need it. :(

i love the hori controller the most.

It is a great pad but playing super mario world on it is near impossible!

Its perfect for games like Sonic mega collection, streets of rage 1/2 donkey konga 1/2.......?