NEurope
chairdriver

Favourite Music Videos?

Tupac, Roger Troutman, Dr. Dre - California Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWOsbGP5Ox4

Just so ridiculously over the top. Gotta Love it.

One of the Greatest songs ever written IMO. Are there 2 versions of this video? I swear theres one where theyre driving along a coastline or something...????

What are your favourite music videos of all time?

2 of my favourite come from Bjork, though not that big a fan of her actual music, her creativity and particularly her music videos are astounding.

Bjork's Pagan Poetry is beautiful, yet creepy at the same time. There is a sinister mood to the whole video, and the last 5 seconds of it are really really freaky. Its a work of art IMO.

is another haunting video. I love. Its permanently on exhibition in an art gallery in New York because at the time of its making it took CGI to a whole new level. Its beautiful.

Despite not knowing what the lyrics mean at all, Sigur Ros's Vidrar Vel Til Loftarasa is one of my favourite videos. It's really something special, like could be from a movie or something. I love.

Me, Myself and I by Beyonce. Although the idea was copyed from Coldplay's The scientist, I prefer it because Coldplay are dull lol. Its just quite intriguing to see people move backwards, its weird.

I probably have some more videos I love, which I'll post later.

So, which videos do you love?

*purses lips*

I showed you the first two. I hate you taking mine.

Bjork is the best video artist IMO. Or at least my favourite.

Pagan Poetry- Bjork

She is hurting herself for the one she loves, and the fact she's smiling at the end is so disturbing. Self-harming for someone she loves so much. It has very obvious sex scenes too. (Fellatio, and I think anal sex, as well as a nipple shot) But, interestingly, we are not shocked by this, nor her breasts at the end. THAT is weird.

All Is Full Of Love - Bjork

Makes me really sad every time. Beautiful, haunting, and amazing for the time. The passion the two have, in the clinical and plastic situation is an odd combination, and makes the kiss so much more entrancing.

Coccoon - Bjork

Beautiful, very japanese like. The red ribbons and the fact that it's so simple make for a beautiful masterpiece.

Pluto - Bjork

Who else would have made a video about a guy masturbating until his head explodes?

Those are a few. I know it's a love her-hate her situation, but she is one of the greatest artists, both muscially and I don't know physically or whatever, of the last 2 decades.

Except some of the greatest music videos don't even feature the artist singing it.

I think the video to a certain song often makes the music have more meaning, for example, the video for Sinead O'Conner's "Nothing Compares 2 U" really made the song special.

That's arguable but even still the majority do have the artist playing and that's what i'm talking about.

Yeah but the majority of music video's are there to promote the band, that's the entire reason that music video's came about. But filmmakers saw a great opportunity in music video's to create interesting short form films.

Another music video I missed out is for "Treetops" by Black Dice. It was directed by Ara Peterson a damn good video artist from America.

Here be the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEKoQdZoKs

Massive Attack - Teardrop

That makes me feel kinda sick. I don't know why.

For videos about babies, I prefer Nature Is Ancient by Bjork.

I love the song, Teardrop though.

'Stan' by Eminem.

It's bloody brilliant.

I love.

Like the definition of a real music video, like actually tells a story.

Avril lavigne - Girlfriend.

Just because its so utterly retarded.

If we are going on unintensionally hilarious the original video to

it's raining men is funny......Better still the geri halliway version:)

If we are going on unintensionally hilarious the original video to

it's raining men is funny......Better still the geri halliway version:)

that video of the "ride it" song was umm, well words don't really describe just how bad it was.