NEurope
chairdriver

Favourite Music Videos?

What are your favourite music videos of all time?

2 of my favourite come from Bjork, though not that big a fan of her actual music, her creativity and particularly her music videos are astounding.

Bjork's Pagan Poetry is beautiful, yet creepy at the same time. There is a sinister mood to the whole video, and the last 5 seconds of it are really really freaky. Its a work of art IMO.

is another haunting video. I love. Its permanently on exhibition in an art gallery in New York because at the time of its making it took CGI to a whole new level. Its beautiful.

Despite not knowing what the lyrics mean at all, Sigur Ros's Vidrar Vel Til Loftarasa is one of my favourite videos. It's really something special, like could be from a movie or something. I love.

Me, Myself and I by Beyonce. Although the idea was copyed from Coldplay's The scientist, I prefer it because Coldplay are dull lol. Its just quite intriguing to see people move backwards, its weird.

I probably have some more videos I love, which I'll post later.

So, which videos do you love?

Probably my favorite Coldplay song, and probably one of my favorite songs ever.

*swings light*

I'll be back later with more.

Alala by Cansei de Ser Sexy. Again with the backwardsness, but very cool. And at the end you see what started the fight, which is quite funny.

Alala by Cansei de Ser Sexy. Again with the backwardsness, but very cool. And at the end you see what started the fight, which is quite funny.

I do like that one too.

More fun, and the song is great. (I recommend CSS's album - 'tis good)

Not arty or creative in the slightest , but Trent Reznor at his drugged up, drink fuelled best.

I love.

Homeless people wearing obvious wigs FTW!

lol. The bit where she's in the bathroom screaming at the mirror is seriously depressing.

Just a correction, the concept for the Coldplay video "The Scientist" was actually ripped off from a video for "Drop" by The Pharcyde, which was directed by Spike Jonze. At least that's the earliest occurance to my knowledge.

My personal favourites would probably be "Bachelorette" by Bjork and directed by Michel Gondry. "Silent Shout" by The Knife, directed by Andreas Nilsson.

The greatest music video in my opinion is "Hyperballad" by Bjork - also directed by Michel Gondry.

Music videos are fun but i haven't seen a good one in a very long time.

Music videos created this 'image' thing i don't like in music. I mean these days a pop singer would have to Great looking for the part.

That's my only problem

Wierd, before i came on i was thinknig of making this thread.. anyway.

The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist

At the moment i ca't think of any others.

Music videos are fun but i haven't seen a good one in a very long time.

Music videos created this 'image' thing i don't like in music. I mean these days a pop singer would have to Great looking for the part.

That's my only problem

Except some of the greatest music videos don't even feature the artist singing it.

I think the video to a certain song often makes the music have more meaning, for example, the video for Sinead O'Conner's "Nothing Compares 2 U" really made the song special.

Oh and Coldplay - Yellow, on one condition. Is it true that he learned it backwards and it was filmed backwards?

Music videos blow.

Thats only if you watch the drivvle which most Heavy Rock Bands spew out. They might be able to play well but their artistic vision is piss poor when it comes to music videos.

Another great one is

OH AND THE BEST VIDEO EVER Chemical Brothers - Do It Again Seriously the best video this year...