NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Strike! Royal Mail Censor Resident Evil 4

This Friday sees Royal Mail staff strike over the end of the world or the recruitment of Al Queda for Christmas jobs, which will see many gamers waiting a whole extra day to receive their Copy of Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition.

Has anyone had the chance to check with their online retailer to see when they're sending out re4?

I am hoping that shopto will dispatch on Tuesday or Wednesday (their usual day) so I should be alright. Liking the topical thread title.

I tried using Gameplays Live chat help function today but I couldnt get through, I will again tomorrow to see if I have better luck.

I'm on holiday over that weekend, so aslong as it's arrived by the time I get back, I don't mind :D

Hopefully i'll get mine thursday. The strike is only a day mind, so it may mean you get the game Saturday or monday.

i'm having a dilema about this game - I want it on release day but have to wait 5 weeks to get my 37" HD TV with 5.1 surround sound and i'd like this game to be first I play on it.

Wait until 11pm or until the room is pitch black, krank up the volume and play it in full 37" with compesite glory or play it on release day on my normal 24" crtv.

What do you reckon? and if wait - has anyone played driver ps2 version, should I get that or Harry potter for the time being (HP got 7.6 for the wii version).

Well I have ordered Resident Evil 4, Brain Training 2 and Planet Puzzle League DS, all of which are released on Friday, so I hope at least one arrives on Thursday!

Shit, I totally forgot about this. Crap.

You're in the UK? :confused:

Shit i placed an order with play as i have to work, should have just gone to work late.

Anyone know if play sends games early?

Posties are awesome. They've brought me very many happy times. Give them their raises!

Posties are awesome. They've brought me very many happy times. Give them their raises!

Despite bringing me more than a few goodies in the past , they also bring a fair amount of crap.

My mail regularly going to my neighbours or going missing completely means it'll be a while before I think they deserve any sort of pay rise.

To be honest, i have had quite alot of my letters not make their destination. If they want a raise fine, but you won't get one if you don't do your job right.

Hopefully Gameplay will be on the ball and dispatch on Wednesday.

I'm actually pretty excited for RE4 now, something I thought would've been impossible a while back. Think it's mainly because I've been losing interest in Mario Strikers.

when does the strike start? If it isn't now, I'm in luck, 'cos I'm expecting some other games to come today. :D

Well I have just contacted Gameplay and got a worrying reply from them. I asked would I still get my games for release day this week and they replied

" We cant really say and we dont want to speculate what will happen but we still have games for preorder, thanks "

Looks like I will be getting R Evil 4 from a shop rather than Gameplay now.

The strike is friday, gameplay get their orders in on wednesdays (the day they dispatch) and most people get them thursday, so there shouldn't be a problem, you just won't get the game on release day if you don't get it the thursday, i'll doubt you'll get it the saturday either because of the back-log. :)

I have 3 games preordered with Gameplay for this week delivery god damn-it. :heh:

EDIT: Spoke to live-help. Stated they won't have any problems recieving this coming friday releases, and also said you get them on release day? Which he obviously got a tad confused about (As the day there out is the strike).

He probably wasn't allowed to say that we will all be recieving the games thursday, which i had a feeling he meant...in my opinion i don't see this as a problem this time, as theres a postal strike...

He then said he couldn't speculate about 'RE4 Wii' for example.

So overall, exactly what they said to HOT and not much help. He didn't even answer my question about customers recieving their games the saturday or monday.

Sign in to follow this