NEurope
ipaul

Favourite Film Line

''Well, your mum rang about you going around tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.'' - Shaun of the Dead.

Makes me chuckle everytime. :)

"Game over man! Game over!!"

hudson1.jpg

awesome! I loved his pitiful defeatist attitude, but it did look grim by that point in the film. Best one fo the series too!

1 and 3 are from Serenity arent they?

All 3 are. Well. the 1st one. Second is from a deleted scene, and the third is just Nathan Fillion having fun in an outtake.

How about we turn this into a little game? The first person who can identify the films and characters all three of these quotes come from wins an imaginary cookie:

"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"

"As my lawyer, you should know: I've killed a lot of people."

"Are these your lunches? You eat other peoples lunches? STOP IT!!"

I suppose this is more of a conversation, but never-the-less, it still is great...

Henry Hill: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.

Tommy DeVito: What do you mean I'm funny?

Henry Hill: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.

[laughs]

Tommy DeVito: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

Henry Hill: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

Tommy DeVito: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?

Anthony Stabile: Tommy no, You got it all wrong.

Tommy DeVito: Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Henry Hill: Jus...

Tommy DeVito: What?

Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.

Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the fuck out of here, Tommy!

Tommy DeVito: [everyone laughs] Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

...from Goodfellas

also...

"As far back as I remember, I always wanted to be a gangster"- Henry Hill, Goodfellas

"That'll be the day"- Ethan Edwards, The Searchers

"How can you trust a man who wears a belt and suspenders. The man can't even trust his own trousers"- Harmonica, Once Upon a Time in the West

"I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs

Hail To The King! Ash from Evil Dead 3

And Ash gain: Ok you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Ahem.

"Surely you can't be serious?!" "I am serious...and dont call me Shirley" - Airplane (And anyother quote for that matter)

"Milk was a bad choice" - Anchorman

"Dont act like you're not impressed" - Anchorman

"When in Rome" - Anchorman

"You're puttin' the pussy on a pedestal" - The 40 Year Old Virgin

"Fuck off" - Knocked Up (Unreleased...purely seen from Trailer and INSTANT classic)

How about we turn this into a little game? The first person who can identify the films and characters all three of these quotes come from wins an imaginary cookie:

"Nobody tosses a dwarf!"

"As my lawyer, you should know: I've killed a lot of people."

"Are these your lunches? You eat other peoples lunches? STOP IT!!"

Lord of the rings, American Psycho aaaaand...another film!

The Rock

Mason: Are you sure you're ready for this?

Goodspeed: I'll do my best.

Mason: Your best?! Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen!

Goodspeed: Carla was the prom queen!

Mason: Really?

Goodspeed: Yeah!

Goodspeed: You enjoying this?

Mason: Well its certainly more enjoyable than my average day: reading philosophy, avoiding gang rape in the shower room. Though its been less of a problem these days. Maybe I'm losing my sex-appeal?

Mason: I'm fed up saving your ass. I'm surprised you ever got past puberty.

Wallace and Gromit, Curse of the Were-Rabbit

[Quartermaine's hairpiece has been sucked up in the Bunvacc]

Lord Victor Quartermaine: I want...

[lowers voice]

Lord Victor Quartermaine: ... toupée, please.

Wallace: Oh, grand. We take cheques or cash.

Lord Victor Quartermaine: Toupée, you idiot! My hair is in your machine.

Wallace: Oh, no, it's only rabbits in there. The hare, I think you'll find, is a much larger mammal.

Reverend Clement Hedges: I have a hunch this is going to be a night to remember!

Mr. Growbag: I just have a hunch.

Reverend Clement Hedges: To kill such a creature will require nerves of steel and... a bullet!

[lightning strikes]

Lord Victor Quartermaine: A bullet?

[lightning strikes]

Reverend Clement Hedges: A bullet!

[lightning strikes]

Lord Victor Quartermaine: A bull...

[lightning strikes]

Lord Victor Quartermaine: Oh!

[closing the window]

Lord Victor Quartermaine: What kind of bullet?

Reverend Clement Hedges: A bullet... of pure gold.

Lord Victor Quartermaine: Gold?

Reverend Clement Hedges: Yes... 24 "carrots"

[chuckles

Goldeneye

Boris - "I am Invincible". Just before he got frozen with Liquid Nitrogren

True Lies

Arnie - "You're Fired!!". Towards the end, with the jet. Need i say more

I'll try it..

'' I'm going to live to see you eat that contract Killian but i hope you leave enough room for my fist because i'm going to jam it down your throat and break your GODDAMN SPINE'

A pissed off Arnie in 'THE RUNNING MAN'

Kindergarten Cop. :)

Arnie's films have so many awesome one liners!

Yep the best.''boys have a penis,girls have a vagina''

Also total recal should be mentioned

That is definitely not the best line in K. Cop!

"ARE THESE ALL YOUR LUNCHES?!, etc" that is one.

"I Like you CINDEE! We're going to spend a lot of time together. Days! Weeekends! Haaaalidays! I'm going to be around. Til the end. of. time."

"Whats that?...ITS THE FIRE ALARM!"

"yaaaaaaaay!"

"cmaaaaan! Everybody stay together!"

"yaaaay! I'm on fire! I'm on fire! yaaaaay!"

:D:D:D

The entirity of Pulp Fiction. The movie is just thousands of great lines stringed together to make an hour and a half of movie.

Oh and Bill's long superhero spiel from the end of Kill Bill part 2.

From Mike Bassett: England Manager

Mike Bassett: SHUT UP! You're cheering for the Mexicans? We're England!

Lonnie: Alright Mike, keep your hair on.

Mike: Keep me hair on? Jesus Christ! The Newspapers are calling me a tw*t! My wife's about to leave me! We're gonna get knocked out of this bloody World Cup and you're singing Three Cheers for Ramirez!

Lonnie: Calm down, Mike.

Mike: I'm going out of my mind with worry here, and what're you doing to help? Aside from locking the balls in the Opel!

Lonnie: Looks like you got a bit of anger there Mike, fancy sharing it with us?

Mike: I will as a matter of fact, see you, you're a waste of space!

Lonnie: And that's how you feel is it?

Mike: And you know what else? You're just a small minded bigot!

Lonnie: Anything else in that locker there, Mike?

Mike: Just the one! Remember that Daewoo car you sold me? Well it's an absolute fucking disgrace!

(Lonnie punches Mike and storms off)

From Snatch

Gorgeous George: It's a campsite, it's a pikey campsite!

Tommy: 10 points.

George: What are we doing here?

Tommy: We're buying a caravan.

George: Off a pack of fucking pikeys? What's wrong with you? This will get messy!

Tommy: Nah, not if you're here.

George: Ooh, you bastard! I fucking hate pikeys!

Also from Snatch

(Boris is still moving and swearing)

Bullet-Tooth Tony: Don't make me shoot you again Boris!

Boris: I'll fucking show you...

(Tony shoots Boris)

Boris: Fuck you!

Tony: For fuck's sake! (Shoots Boris again)

Boris: You missed!

(Tony shoots Boris again, Boris is finally silenced).

Tony: (To Tyrone on the floor) Fuck you and all!

(Tony pulls trigger, but no bullets remain)

Tony: You lucky bastard!

Tommy: What? Want to see if I've got the minerals?

Turkish: Boris the Blade, or Boris the Bullet Dodger, he's as bent as the Soviet sickle and as hard as the hammer that crosses it. Truth is, it's impossible to kill the bastard!

Also total recal should be mentioned

I mentioned Total Recall at the bottom of the first page.

A quote I didn't mention.

Just as Arnie is about to kill Benny with an unusual looking drill:

"SCREEEW YOOOOUU!"

I'm dismayed that no one has said this, but...

"This

*takes breath*

is

*takes huge breath*

SPARTAAAA!!!!!!!"

sparta-trailer2-03.jpg

It had to be said...

"MEN, READY YOUR BREAKFASTS AND EAT HEARTILY! BECAUSE TONIGHT, WE DINE IN HELL!"

"There are motherfucking snakes on the motherfucking plane?"

"Did I just eat shit?"

"Luke, I am your father!"

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, but its hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. Then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain, and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life.

You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry. You will

someday."

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

"Fuck!" (Scarface)

Probably some more

"You know that point in your life when you realize the house you grew up in, isn't really your home anymore. All of a sudden, even though you have some place where you put your shit, that idea of home is gone.

I still feel at home in my house. You'll see one day when you move out. Just sorta happens one day and it's gone; you feel like you can never get it back. It's like you feel homesick for a place that doesn't even exist.

Maybe it's like this rite of passage, you know? You won't ever have that feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself. You know, for... For your kids. For the family you start. It's like a cycle or something.

I don't know. But I miss the idea of it, you know? Maybe that's all family really is: a group of people that miss the same imaginary place. "

Andrew Largeman in Garden State.

This is also my favourite. One of the best movies ever made.

Also:

"We are all wired into a survival trip now. No more of the speed that fueled that 60's. That was the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip. He crashed around America selling "consciousness expansion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for three bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole lifestyle that he helped create. A generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old mystic fallacy of the acid culture: the desperate assumption that somebody, or at least some force, was tending the light at the end of the tunnel. There was only one road back to L.A. - U.S. Interstate 15. Just a flat-out high speed burn through Baker and Barstow and Berdoo. Then onto the Hollywood Freeway, and straight on into frantic oblivion. Safety. Obscurity. Just another freak, in the freak kingdom."

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Both from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

"Take a look at the Bat Wing bitch!" from Waiting or Shenanigans or whatever it's called. Awesome movie.

"We can stay up late, swapping manly stories and in the morning, I'm making waffles!"

Shrek - Everytime I hear that line it cracks me up.

'If I was you I'd get that booger of your jacket before it freezes up and scratches ya'

Nil point to the person who knows what it's from without googling. It's not exactly my favourite ever film line, but it's one that came to mind that I always remember(probablywrongly) me and my brother used to find it well funny, and used to say alot.

I'm seconding LazyBoy as well, as I watched Pulp Fiction just the other day and it's brilliant. I leave this post with one more line,

'Maybe I build her a cake.'