NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
AeroScap

Amd X2 or Intel Dual core?

I thinking about getting a new pc and unsure as to the type of processor to get.

Obviously dual-ing it is the way to go! bt intel dual core or amd x2? s

warning i aint that tech savvy but i wouldnt mind a bit of detail.

(my general usage includs lots of dvd burning, music listening while playing wow and Keeping opera open, having 2 words open with music and iam a casual photoshop user aswell) I liKe to multitask xD

I also would liKe to asK would 32bit programs worK on a 64bit, if so Just a bit slower? btw Iam looKing lnto a dell (E521) caus i cant buiLd a pc to save my life and dell monitars are good

will post more later since I am typing on my ds opera

Aeroscap

I would get an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. They seem to be much better than AMD X2s.

Core 2 Duo.

No question.

Holy shit, I cam here to post the exact same thing. I was literally going to say that, line them and seperate them into two different sentences.

So yeah, core2duo.

Core 2 Duo. Anyone who suggests otherwise will be shot. At birth.

Yes the core 2 duo was what you'd want 6-8 months ago. Now it's still the king at the high end. The middle isn't as clear cut anymore. The Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (and 5600+) seems to be in between E6400 and E6600 in performance and 6000+ being sometimes even faster than E6600. If you encode audio and video much, then c2d would be a better choice.

Anyone have any personal experiences with this Duo Core viiv DRM thing? Better than normal?

Also using an evalue code thingy I have managed to get:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6320 Processor (1.86GHz,1066MHz,4MB cache) [included in Price]

OR

Intel® Viiv™ Core™ 2 Duo E6320 Processor (1.86GHz,1066MHz,4MB cache) add £0.00

E520 from dell @ ~ 527 (without quidco so deduct 4.5%)

or AMD X2 5600+ @ ~ 504 (withoutquidco aswell)

They are both the same spec 500gb hard drive, 20" monitor, 256mb X1300 ati, 2gb ram.

Opinions? Also wouldnt the 64bit ability to expand beyond 3gb of ram mean that it's better for the future proofing or will I by then need a new pc? (last time i bought a desktop was in 2003 XD)

It's like the difference between a Pentium 3 and 4.

Uhm yeah ... except that the Core Duo is build from the Pentium 3 and the Pentium 4 was Intels big failure ...

Core 2 Duo. Anyone who suggests otherwise will be shot. At birth.
I love how this doesn't make any sense at all ^^

Anyone have any personal experiences with this Duo Core viiv DRM thing? Better than normal?

Also using an evalue code thingy I have managed to get:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E6320 Processor (1.86GHz,1066MHz,4MB cache) [included in Price]

OR

Intel® Viiv™ Core™ 2 Duo E6320 Processor (1.86GHz,1066MHz,4MB cache) add £0.00

E520 from dell @ ~ 527 (without quidco so deduct 4.5%)

or AMD X2 5600+ @ ~ 504 (withoutquidco aswell)

They are both the same spec 500gb hard drive, 20" monitor, 256mb X1300 ati, 2gb ram.

Opinions? Also wouldnt the 64bit ability to expand beyond 3gb of ram mean that it's better for the future proofing or will I by then need a new pc? (last time i bought a desktop was in 2003 XD)

The AMD is probably a bit faster than the E6320. You'll probably be looking for a new pc when 64bit becomes mainstream anyway.

Sign in to follow this