NEurope
Goron_3

Have You Changed?

As we've all gotten older, we've changed considerably; I used to be a shy fat kid until year 10 when all of a sudden I grew a lot and got confidence. Now I'm lanky-ish 6ft 4 beast and I find it easy to talk infront of people and to girls.

I've noticed a change in everyone else aswell. Obviously, as time has gone on me and my friends have matured; whereas we laughed at a kid called Matty because he was gay back in year 8, I think we'd all feel comfortable talking to him know.

There's also a negative change I've seen in some people. In years 7+8, this one kid called Andy was really popular, however as time went on he kind of faded out...His confidence has completely gone. it's unfortunate because I can tell he gets sad about it often :(

So, how have you changed as you've got older? And was it a positive change or negative, and what was it caused by?

ive grown up considerably in the past few months

family life has been shit to be frank and ive had to grow up so fast in order to cope...

having to deal with alcohol problems (not me tho) and basic family arguments and then worse family arguments.. then my aunt finding out tonight about all of the above have affected me greatly ..

in a both positive and negative way..

positive - ive grown up and matured an awful lot

negative - i dont know ::shrug: my trust and respect in people has been shattered so its hard for me to trust people now

good thread.

I've changed alot. When I was in years 7 I was shy, had no confidence and was being bullyied for the fifth time. I then met some friends and up untill year 10 i was happy. I was changing into a more confident person but some of the friend I had were changing me for the worst. In year 10 my best mate who i used to cling onto so much got a new mate and within a blink of an eye hated me.

In year 10 and 11 though I feel I have become me. I've made some freinds I know appreciate me and I do them. I've worked hard at school and have finally learned to stand up to the wankers that pick on me constantly. I like who I am now I think. I used to stutter an awful lot but now i'm slowly getting out of that which is great.

I'm looksng forward to 6th form now and wondering whether its going to change me for the better or worse.

I also think when I got beat up badly on thw way to school a month back its changed me considerably. A few days after the incident I had 2 guys throwing rocks at me and usually I would have ignored it and kept walking. Instead I turned round, went right up to his face and kneed hm in the bollocks.

Oh and I used to be a short lanky kid, I'm now a short lanky kid.

I've been shy and in the corner all my life. All I've done is grow up taller while still being the same person.

I've come to accept this and just stopped caring.

I can make new friends easier I think now. I think I can scare people away a lot easier now though...

During a PSHE lesson in year 11, our teacher asked us who we think had changed the most from year 7 and who had changed the least. I was said to have changed the least, and that's pretty much correct. I've matured obviously, but I haven't undergone any wild changes in personality like a lot of people have. I guess I was happy with who I was and didn't want to change.

hmm... i can say i used to be quite chubby during primary school years and suddenly lost wieght during high school. Now im thin well not too thin, oki-sh i would say.

My mate Laura says i've changed since she first met me, she says now im a caring person and down to earth kinda guy. Compared to when i we were in year 7 to 9 i used to be a really cheecky bastard. well i guess she's right most people change for the better as they grow older :)

I haven't really changed all that much. I used to be really shy. Now i'm just shy.

I'm still quite akward to talk to but if you get to know me then i'm not. Some people like my randomness others don't. I have grown in self confidence and feel i have matured more.

I still find it quite hard to make new friends as some people just don't get me.

I'm getting a lot better now and can find the words to speak more( without odd pauses in between). Next year i go to the sixth form and maybe to a new school. I don't know what will happen but i won't change my personality just to fit in.

I'm happy with who i am :D

I think it's always always better to see yourself through someone elses eyes, so this question is better put to other people. I don't think I've changed very much, probably because people tell me that I'm veryvehement and never let anything go, and it's been like this as far as I can remember.

I've always been kinda shy aswell too (and I really don't think you'd notice from the way I act on the forums), I'm not comfortable around large groups of people which is why I don't like going to parties. I guess I've become slightly more perceptive though, because I look back on some things and think "damnit, that wasn't the right thing to do" ie. become more in tune with how other people might be feeling. I'm still crap at that though.

I wouldn't really know though as I said, it's better off asking someone who has an unbiased view on me.

I've become a lot less shy over the years, with both girls and people in general.

I've become more confident in what I say and think.

I've become less nerdy, but more open about being a bit of a geek, which I think people like, as I come across as very genuine.

I've become a lot more happy with life. :D

By the way, nice idea for a thread Goron!

During a PSHE lesson in year 11, our teacher asked us who we think had changed the most from year 7 and who had changed the least. I was said to have changed the least, and that's pretty much correct. I've matured obviously, but I haven't undergone any wild changes in personality like a lot of people have. I guess I was happy with who I was and didn't want to change.

Tbh you haven't actually changed that much since i've known you, but that's fine because you're a fantastic guy.

Change is weird actually. Last year i was scared to talk to this one girl because i fancied (i got well nervous being around her) however now she's one of my closest friends and i feel great around her. I don't know how it happened, i guess i just felt stronger this year.

Tbh you haven't actually changed that much since i've known you, but that's fine because you're a fantastic guy.

Change is weird actually. Last year i was scared to talk to this one girl because i fancied (i got well nervous being around her) however now she's one of my closest friends and i feel great around her. I don't know how it happened, i guess i just felt stronger this year.

the exact same thing happened to me this year.

I'm still really dumb and have no clue what I'm doing in life. Ha!

Looking back on how I used to be, a few years ago, I don't think all that much has changed on the inside. I'm still quite sensitive, I still get hurt pretty easily, and I still think about things way too much.

But, on the outside, I think things have changed for the better. I went home last summer and played a gig for my mate, which I didn't think I'd be able to do, as I feel pretty nervous sometimes, but I switched off and went into my own "zone", which got me through. When I arrived back home for summer, one of the guys said that I had changed, and that it was good, because I was more confident. But, little things like the way I look, that has definitely changed for the better, but I want to go that step further now.

Lately some things have been going on, and I kinda feel that I've lost a part of myself, but maybe gained something back. My naivity, maybe? I do wonder if I'm the same person as I was before, or if I can go back, but I don't think I can.

Well my opinion of school has definetly changed since year 7. Back then it used to be a "Lets do as little as possible without getting told of" now I get it. You really need to put work in and that not every teacher is complete bastard (Even though there are some).

Have i changed? Well i'm less fatter than when i started in year 7 (Still fat though). My confidence is about the same, i'm still shy and don't like talking to people. Which i blame for the people taking the piss out of me everytime i go red. I think i have got less annoying, as not many people have moaned at me about it sine about year 9.

I changed a lot, at Primary I could be seen getting my head down and working, and I was quite liked and disliked then because of football (Back then at school you either supported Aston Villa or Manchester United).

My confidence got knocked down a lot when I got bullied, but when I moved to my fourth school was there a big change, I started growing my hair in Year 9 and stopped tucking my shirt in and doing my tie up properly, in Year 10 I got my confidence back when I took Drama GCSE, as well as getting some more friends, plus a girlfriend, and in Year 11 I became who I am now.

I've changed a lot during my life. Back in Junior School, i was shy and only really spoke to one or two people. When i got to the comp, there was a lot of bullying going on towards me because i was shy and people thought i was a coward and childish until about year 9 when i beat one of the bullies to a pulp at lunch once, then all the bullying stopped and people began to respect me more.

My confidence grew and by year 11 i was one of the popular guys in school. Then i left and went to college where i grew more confident and lost my shyness and became more mature than ever before.

Quite alot, even in the space of the last few months.

As for details? I could, but you guys probably know me better than I know myself.

My friend keeps saying "You've changed" and I've said to him "Of course I have. If I were the same person I was four years ago (when we met) that would be crap."

To be honest I'd say I've changed several times since then. Things in my life has made me completely rework myself. Someone said to my landlady after I moved out into hers that I seemed more happy and confident and I'd imagine, now that I'm back at home I'm more depressed (as thats how I feel anyway). America is going to be my next big change; growing and dying my hair, changing my surname, whole new place and people (except my friend who is going) and I'm preying to whoever I believe in that I will be able to let go of my past.

I can't think really.. i've matured a lot, though i still act 7 at times i like to think i am a more mature person.

Also, im slightly less of an asshole than i used to be in my younger days.

I changed once when I was a kid. In primary school I was really popular, everyone knew me and looking back I wasn't always that nice a person. Then for one reason or another that changed in last few years of primary school and I didn't have a lot of mates, which changed me a lot and made me quite introverted. I often wonder what I would be like now if that change hadn't taken place, I imagine I would be extremely different and a lot louder and noisier - more confident and probably studying something totally different.

But I changed again in the last couple of years of secondary school and college, I wouldn't say I grew up but I found great friends and had good times. I've still got some of the effects of what happened as a kid, I'm quite shy and bad with phones. I also hate buying things at bars and get completely depressed over mistakes or embarrassing situations. But - on the whole I think I have changed for the better in the last year or so, and I feel like a much happier person than I used to be. For once I have the outlook that my life is actually good and I'm enjoying things on a day-to-day basis.

Physically I've hardly changed at all. I've always been tall and quite skinny, in the last few months I've been putting on weight by working out - but I'm very young looking. Although I'm 21 this year, I'm aware that I look about 16, and always get asked for ID.

I've changed in that my music taste has changed.

I remember my first year of secondary school, all my friends listened to guitar driven bands (not hardcore, but like the equivalent of say Frattellis or Kasabian now), and I didn't like them. I liked the kinda pop-y music I'd liked up to then.

Then, in 3rds (S2?) I started to "rebel" in my own way. I had long hair, wore loads of those charity bands and became kinda hippie-ish. For a while I was wiccan. (!) I became known for my hair around school etc.

In the last 2-3 years, I started liking guitary music, but it happened very suddenly, and i went all emo-ish. I'm not actually emo though, I just like the music and the fashions. I still love all music, and still think I'm one of the most open minded people I know.

I get called Emo at school (I dyed my hair black on thursday) , but I seriously don't care, as I relish the attention. I think it's a kindof release of energy that I hid for ages when I was younger. Always best behaved (still am, really), never bad etc. Being a teenager accelerated my need to be myself.

Going to uni definatly changed me. I have stoped giving a shit what other people think of me. My music tastes changed massivly, I used to be a metaler when I was at college, now I hardly ever listen to Metal anymore, and find myself listening to suff from pretty much any genre. I also became a pretentious film snob.