NEurope
Patch

Name That Game

you know what these are tough. its been so long since ive seen this thread :D how did i even get 9.. all i knew there was last ninja :(

Wow, the thread is back! :yay:

The 4th one is...some version of Pitfall?

you know what these are tough. its been so long since ive seen this thread :D how did i even get 9.. all i knew there was last ninja :(

Heh, that's what I was wondering with my 11 points. Recount!

Pitfall - not a million miles away. It was possibly the same era.

[ATTACH]2629[/ATTACH]

Here's a clue:

It's a sequel. Look closely at the central character. Have you seen him in another, more famous game?

Hey Nando.

Good try, keep guessing.

..it's all I could think of when looking at the little character.. University work isn't going so well so I'm taking a break, determined to figure out what that game is :heh:

Yep, he's got the hat for it.

He jumps about a lot. The original game is considered a classic. It took place on a single screen.

This sequel shunned that design and went for more of a JetSet Willy feel. For some reason. OK, that's probably enough clues for now!

For some reason it reminds me of one of the micro games in Wario Ware (for the GBA/GC) where you control a little man with a gun in the middle of the screen and you are there are some enemies/obstacles in a rectangle around you and you have to shoot one.. I wouldn't have a clue what the game was though (even though it probably has nothing to do with the actual answer :heh:)

Sheriff 2?

Adventure 2?

Pitfall 2?

I know nothing about that era :(

For some reason I'm getting a weird feeling that this is Mario... jumps a lot, waers a hat, original (DK) game was on a single screen. Am I in the ball park?

Is the first game your referring to Miner 2049er? I don't know what the sequel is though. Manic Miner?

Some good guesses so far, but not right.

Here's a pic of the original game:

[ATTACH]2630[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking surely this will be easy now, but who knows?

I know! But alas, I used my mad Google skills to find the answer instead of knowledge. So I shall refrain from posting the answer.

I am a dirty cheater...

Weird. I was sure this would be easy now.

Goaferboy, please put everyone out of their misery. I'm sure you're not the first person here to use Google to find the answer!

Chuckie Egg 2 :D

No Googling required, just had to skim through the answers to make sure no one had got it

EDIT:- Fund memories of skipping assembly to play Chuckie Egg on the BBC micro in our class room.

Chuckie Egg 2 :D

No Googling required, just had to skim through the answers to make sure no one had got it

EDIT:- Fund memories of skipping assembly to play Chuckie Egg on the BBC micro in our class room.

Yeah, that's what I got using Google. Glad someone got it without using Google, kind of spoils the fun really.

Not sure if you want to see the scores, but...

2nd Round Scoring

Darksnowman (2)

Moogleviper (1)

steggy (1)

And I'll add an image of my own.

[ATTACH]2632[/ATTACH]

The censored parts are there because this is a licensed game, and could become too easy. After a while, I'll show you the full pic.