NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Forum Roundtable: Manhunt 2 banning

That whole ridiculous Machester church thing probably fuelled this as well.

GRR

Probably. Even though the game showed the Cathedral in good light.

I think its stupid that this game has been banned to be honest, i dont see this game having anymore of an effect on people than say a movie like Hostel. I think at the worst it should have been given an 18 rating!

This is the BBFC NOT doing their job properly. This is purely just them covering there behinds. Annyway, they will change it in time as they always do.

Im actually genuinely surprised this is banned. Not that I would want to buy it myself but thats beside the point. The fact that people who would want this game are not allowed to I feel is ludicrous. Especially seeing the amount of films with similar content that are allowed to be purchased.

I believe this is a real blow to the Wii's mature market, a real blow!

On the other hand some may argue that the Wii's family friendly image has not been tarnished by this game, as a lot of parents obviously consider buying a Wii for this reason.

Nonetheless, Rockstar must be fuming right now, quite rightly.

*copy and paste*

Probably. Even though the game showed the Cathedral in good light.

I always get annoyed with that. I try sometimes not to hate some british people but it's clear that these people started it.The british are usually lnot mad when it comes to this certainly not as bad as the americans and jack thompsons,Clinton etc.

The Irish system usually never bans anything. I'm getting it and i'm going to encourage everyone to get.

I feel like killing someone and blaming it on manhunt 2 just to prove the system doesn't work:mad:

On the other hand some may argue that the Wii's family friendly image has not been tarnished by this game, as a lot of parents obviously consider buying a Wii for this reason.

]

Well they must be stupid parents.. The wii has parental controls and besides what kind of parent buys their kids an 18 game?

I must admit that i am unhappy and suprised that Manhunt 2 has been 'banned' in the UK and Ireland. After reading the Ngamer review i was really looking forward to this game. Just because it is a violant game does not mean it is going to make me go out, stalk and kill people. There are many reasons why people become phyco's and such and people try to blame it on different things. If i can buy a film like Saw, then why can't i play a similar video game?

Every adult deserves the right to choose what they want to buy, most people will look into something before they buy it. It would make more sense to give the game a 18+ rating and put a warning message on the front and back of the box, kind of like what Capcom have done by putting a similar message in there Resident Evil games as it is loading through (and Resident Evil's only get a 15+ rating!).

It's obvious that this ban has come about to protect children. Which is fine with me, protect the kids. But why punish those of us above eighteen who can see equally gruesome movies, and view other explicit content. I was looking into purchasing this game, not because I'm some psychopath who wants to kill people, but because I wanted to see how well the company had integrated the software and hardware.

I am far from a violent person, hell I've never even been in a fist fight, and I can definitely say no media will convince me to do so.

What I think needs to be done is improvement in our sales departments. I know working in retail that things like Challenge 21 are implemented. But I feel it needs to go further than that. Possibly when a game like this is 18+ the game is wrapped in a plastic seal with bold markings. This then doesn't ruin the art cover and gives the sales assistant clear view of the rating. Customers should then be informed of the levels of violence involved, parents purchasing the game should be asked whether it is for them or a child. If the say the child they should then be stopped from buying it, instead of being told not to give the child the game until out the door. Adults who have children but claim its for themselves should then be told politely about what scenarios take place in the game.

I think more needs to be done to inform consumers, not punish them by censoring.

Sign in to follow this