N-Europe

IGN: Buy Zack & Wiki Campaign

Okay, you can't buy it yet, but maybe you can pre-order. And if not, you should at least start saving.

by Matt Casamassina

June 18, 2007 - Not since Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem on GameCube have we demanded that readers purchase a videogame, but the time has come (again) for us to take a stand. Capcom has a fantastic point-and-click puzzle-adventure on its hands. It's clever. It's difficult. It will make you think. It's also beautiful, perfectly capitalizing on Wii's strengths.

Unfortunately, it's got a stupid name. Formerly Project Treasure Island Z, now it's called Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. Uh-huh, we know. Bad. Really, really bad. Meanwhile, unless you loved the style of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - and you should have - you probably won't find yourself wowed by the cel-shaded graphics forming the characters and worlds in Z&W. And there's no blood, F-bombs or dead hookers, either - all integral ingredients to today's most popular efforts.

But we're telling you, Zack & Wiki is fun. Really fun. Really smart. And really enjoyable. And we're not going to stop this campaign until you've pre-ordered it. Do it. Do it right now. What do you mean your local retailer isn't accepting pre-orders? That's no excuse for the truly dedicated. Start saving. Create a Zack & Wiki fund. And get on the message boards and spread the word. It's come down from the IGN Wii editors that Z&W (as those in the know call it) is the real deal and must be owned. As loyal Nintendo fans, you cannot disobey.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/797/797414p1.html

Im not sure I would have bothered cheking this game out if IGN didnt write this. I think it looks promising for a point and click adventure type game.

I wonder if the IGN team will be buying their own copies, rather than them being given free review copies from the publisher. Somehow I doubt it.

On the IGN forum Matt said he had already preordered 37 copies for friends and family as well. Don't know if it's true, though I don't see the point of lying about that.

Im interested in this game. Sure, I'd love to see other Capcom games too. But as an original game that apparently is very clever as well and makes very good use of the Wii interface, I just HAVE to try it.

If Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center proves that weird games are surprisingly enjoyable.

hmm I spell a rat...think of all the great games we have seen on nintendo consoles down the years...and they are claiming they havn't done this kinda thing since Eternal Darkness. I bet the game is a shocker and IGN have been paid! Maybe not a shocker but not a killer app...

I've heard good things about this game, but not that great it would make grown men plead with you to buy it...

Their reviews was later than everyone elses as well.

They did hype it though. EVen though they had to give it a shitty score.

They didn't hype it at all. I've got their post wii podcasts and they say they don't like it.

They hyped up eternal darkness and got people to buy it, and i liked that game (never completed that though), and from their latest podcast you can tell they absolutely love this game. Infact, Bozon said it's his most hyped Wii game along with the big 3.

Also, Chobot came up with the idea of all of them preordering the game and recording it, so expect a vid soooon.

I've been following this game since it was known as Project Treasure Island Z. It's built from the ground up, so far it doesn't look rushed, the idea is stepping away from the norm, it looks like they're taking their time with it, it's an original IP, and its NOT from Nintendo...

Looks like the kind of game (maybe not to everyones taste) and support Nintendo fans have been dying for :)

Edit: Oh, and it looks like a buy for me :D

I dont think IGN suddenly decides to lie to their readers. They do this because otherwise nobody would care or take notice. If you watch the entire video you will see that it looks pretty funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cddwtJXJ4Nk

I think that is just the kind of thing IGN would do...I've seen plenty of movies of it, saw the footage from Konami's Press Event, not tempted really...

I think that is just the kind of thing IGN would do...I've seen plenty of movies of it, saw the footage from Konami's Press Event, not tempted really...

It's a Capcom game.

Obviously it's not for everyone but I think as far as innovation, art styles and uniqueness go this game is far ahead of any other third party's efforts.

It's a Capcom game.

Obviously it's not for everyone but I think as far as innovation, art styles and uniqueness go this game is far ahead of any other third party's efforts.

yeah lol realised that when I was just rewatching the 1up Show where they went there...