NEurope
mcj metroid

Pro Evolution heads to everything but wii.

One game can never change the entire console ownership ratio (in my opinion) yet there are always defining moments in the life of a console (Goldeneye, Donkey Kong Country, Metal Gear Solid...)

And if this is seen as that moment for the Wii (so early) that's a poor reflection on us as gamers. I'm bitter about this yes, I love PES more than most games and it seemed apparent the Wii would get the game asap. Konami are just...sigh, I don't know. They better have something in the pipeline otherwise I'll be a sad, sad Wii owner for a while. Pro Evo means that much to me. And I hope the next DS iteration improves vastly over it's predecessor.

Sure is strange they wouldn't give it a Wii release. Surely selling it as ISS would just be missing an opportunity for profits as the brand isn't as strong, and the normal Pro Evo player wouldn't know the fact that they're from the same devs, or thinking of it as a rip off of it.

Well, I think it sucks anyway, so no biggie.

Lol.

I reckon it might be Nintendo to blame for Konami's decision. Nintendo are very strict with who they give their online dev kits too, and basically most third parties can't develope online until 2008.

If Nintendo denied Konami (As they seem desperate to get full support from EA, and this was probably in some contract) then Konami probably figured releasing it without online would be pointless.

I think we'll see it next year, but I wouldn't blame Konami just yet. Also, give some credit to Konami, Dewy's Adventure is the best looking third party game to date and they have plenty more Wii projects under developement.

Konami's Eledees/Bits had snide Wifi support via level swapping. Surely they've had the means to go online for a long time now.

I don't see why developers keep forgetting that they DON'T have to use the wii-mote as a control method. The classic controller was designed so that older control methods could be implemented.

But I have to go back to my older point about what I said about winning eleven. As far as winning eleven goes, it may hit the wii. As far as pes goes, it never hit the gamecube, even if it is the same game under a different name, never made it to the cube.

But even keeping this in mind, there is no need to throw away money Konami.

Konami's Eledees/Bits had snide Wifi support via level swapping. Surely they've had the means to go online for a long time now.

Level swapping doesn't use a sever, online play does.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7898/1/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_Wii_Confirmed

Nintendo News | Pro Evolution Soccer Wii Confirmed

Quick News - According to reports, Konami's latest Japanese release list has been updated with 'Winning Eleven for Wii' set for an undecided release date. With FIFA 08 out soon, you have to wonder how long Wii fans will have to wait for Euro PES action...

http://gamefront.de/

Oktober 2007: Nintendo DS-Version

Winter 2007: PS2-, PS3-, Xbox 360-Version

TBA: PSP-, Wii-Version

So at least there seems to be a Wii version now, even if it's got no release date!

The wii version still should be FIRST! It's the best selling console for christ sake. It makes logical sense. I understand that Konami may want sony to win though with their ridiculous Silent hill comments etc.

seems a little odd that they 'missed' the Wii version off the website. I hope the PS3 dies and hits Konmai hard - right in the wallet

The wii version still should be FIRST! It's the best selling console for christ sake. It makes logical sense. I understand that Konami may want sony to win though with their ridiculous Silent hill comments etc.

3rd parties are in a shitty predicament right now. Do they support the Wii and risk competing with Nintendo's first party software juggernaut, or do they support the PS3 and 360 and pray for a spike in hardware sales?

Konami would be foolish to make Wii its priority.

Just have a look at any recent sales chart ( http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15237 ).

The Wii is still a 1st party affair, with the occasional Bandai anime shovelware selling decent

There's no risk whatsoever as long as they put a decent team on a Wii game. Every single Gamecube game that was made with the system in mind and not just badly ported sold well.

3rd parties are in a shitty predicament right now. Do they support the Wii and risk competing with Nintendo's first party software juggernaut, or do they support the PS3 and 360 and pray for a spike in hardware sales?

Just have a look at any recent sales chart ( http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15237 ).

The Wii is still a 1st party affair, with the occasional Bandai anime shovelware selling decent

And where do you think Eternal Sonata will be next week in the charts? and Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

That's not a fair comparison, considering those games came out this week and no big game came out for Wii, RE4 sold more actually and that's why it's so low now, because it's having shortages.

If they invest... they will sell, thing is... a lot of developers don't invest. Then blame the platform.

I'm not blaming them for investing in other platforms, when wii came out it's success was not a given so no developer wanted to jump with his head on it. That said... I bet Eternal sonata could sell 100.000 on it's first week on Wii right now, same for Ninja Gaiden.

Yes but it's obvious that is because NIntendo and Ea would STILL be the only ones making good games for it.

Konami have banked a lot on ps3. With metal gear Etc

It's gonna be a port of the PS2 version so how could the Wii version come out first. As Winning Eleven is not gonna hit Japan on PS3/PS2/360 till around december I think a Wii version will hit Japan in Feb 08 so your looking at spring 08 in Europe.

It's gonna be a port of the PS2 version so how could the Wii version come out first. As Winning Eleven is not gonna hit Japan on PS3/PS2/360 till around december I think a Wii version will hit Japan in Feb 08 so your looking at spring 08 in Europe.

I mean it should be first priority because it is the best selling system.

So at least there seems to be a Wii version now.
*reads*

*has orgasm*

*cleans up*

*sits down again*

*where was I moment*

*has another orgasm*