NEurope
Ant-Shimmin

Pro Evolution 2008

Ironflame I don't understand Konami. why take features out, they should be adding stuff on. The PS2 game still has more features than the 360/PS3 version.

Maybe Konami have been struggling with the coding of the newer gen consoles. And because they've created many PES games on PS2 hardware its very easy to upgrade teams so they have more time to focus on new features. Where as the teams working on the PS3 and 360 have spent more time trying to fix errors (like the frame rate issue) and get a half decent game out on time.

Looks like I will be getting the PS2 version then....(well mainly cos I don't own any of the next gen systems lol)

Will be picking up the PS2 version on Friday............and then the 360 version later on once I finally get one. So we'll have both in our student house, which is quite important. The faster speed of the 360 version attracts me more than a slower game personally.

Really need a new copy of Pro though, as our PS2 version of PES6 sometimes locks up when the ball is kicked out of play or it just generally takes 2 minutes to load a throw-in for example.

Loved the demo of '08 though, and looking forward to playing multiplayer with all these new gameplay tweaks and updated stats.

another thing I have found out is you cannot edit team badges in the 360/PS3 version.

Because they're saving it to impliment as a new feature in the future.

Because they're saving it to impliment as a new feature in the future.

very correct Mikey. Watch next year Konami will say "PES 2009" now has a full complete edit mode. It now has 30+ stadiums etc!

When this stuff is already on PS2 and should of been on this years next-gen versions.

Konami have been pulling these dirty tricks for years. That's why I've boycotted PES. Not only is the game not even any good any more, the features stink, and are held back on purpose.

Konami have been pulling these dirty tricks for years. That's why I've boycotted PES. Not only is the game not even any good any more, the features stink, and are held back on purpose.

It's still a hell of a lot better than any FIFA game (over than 98 Road To World Cup)

The only problem is this year it's not a hell of a lot better because next gen Fifa has taken a step forward and PES has gone a step back.

Konami needs to make MAJOR changes from next year onwards and add features not cut them out.

It's annoying what khilafah has pointed out, because it feels like he's gone pissed on my bonfire, so very anticipating this game as I am.

Anyway, I look forward to owning you all on this game. If you fancy playing me at any point, but haven't added me. Then, by all means, please do. :smile:

[/plea for more friends]

It's annoying what khilafah has pointed out, because it feels like he's gone pissed on my bonfire, so very anticipating this game as I am.

Anyway, I look forward to owning you all on this game. If you fancy playing me at any point, but haven't added me. Then, by all means, please do. :smile:

[/plea for more friends]

Villa better be ready to take on the mighty Arsenal. ;)

Villa better be ready to take on the mighty Arsenal. ;)

They bloody will. Because, not only are we better than last season, but because I'll be making myself in the game, and I will be AWESOME!

*cue khilafah saying "You can't put custom players into clubs."*

They bloody will. Because, not only are we better than last season, but because I'll be making myself in the game, and I will be AWESOME!

*cue khilafah saying "You can't put custom players into clubs."*

I not sure about that. I do know you need xbox live vision camera if you want too put your face on the game. USB sticks and digital camera's do not work.

It's still a hell of a lot better than any FIFA game (over than 98 Road To World Cup)

Not really. Fifa 08 > PES I reckon.

I think Shopto delviered my copy today. I say think, because I have a slip from Royal Mail who tryied to deliver something, but I had to sign for it and nobody was around. I've never used Shopto before, am I supposed to have to sign for it? Or is it something else that they've delivered?

Gameplay have dispatched my copy today.

I just hope i have made the right choice choosing this over Fifa...

Tried to get a copy after work, because for some unusual reason this is the only game that has gone on sale at midnight since I've worked at the particular super market.

Anyway, they only had the PS2 ones available. So I've given my brother the duty of hopefully picking it up later. But I may have to wait a few days if they don't have it.

Balls Mahoney, aint got my copy yet :(, dispatched yesterday from shopto at about 1:00pm :(

Just got my copy from gameplay, opened it up and the disk was lose inside the case with 2 scratches on the back of the disk! Not happy sending it back to gameplay for a refund and will go out and try and get it from ASDA.

Somebody was not doing there job properly in the factory.

Mine arrived at my house yesterday, going home tomorrow to pick it up. Can't wait to play it. :)

Right now i have got my copy from ASDA (£35 in there, so even though my disk from gameplay was buggered i have actually saved myself £5! hehe). I am looking into editing all the team names, does anyone know of a list anywhere that i can copy off?

I spent 30 minutes editting Arsenal from the kits to the players hairstyles. Love the editting, even if it is slimmed from the PS2 version. Only complaitn with the editting is using the vision to create the Arsenal badge is crap, because the kit colour and colour of the picture are different, so I've stuck with the awful default pic.

The gameplay is good, except the keepers, too much spilling of the ball. And replays are a bit shit. Other than that I like it.

I played my bro's PS3 version and really enjoyed it even though i hate football! Very odd...

All this talk on the net about framerate problems in the PS3 is rubbish, i didn't have a single-problem....'Yet' anyway.

Just played my first match on live. Couldn't find anyone on ranked, got a match on the other non ranked option (forgotten its name). I won 1-0, the other guy played as Man utd.

Other than the lag a big improvement. The menus are better and the player interaction is nice, you can make comments during replays like "lets play" or "i'm sorry". And then at the end you can say things like "You're good" or "That was a good game". Nice touches.