NEurope
somme

The age old art - sleeping

How much sleep do you like, or should I say, how much would you like?

I'm personally quite wierd when it comes to sleeping. When I'm awake I never want to go to sleep, but when I'm asleep I never want to wake up. Quite strange but there we go.

Sometimes I talk in my sleep too. I woken myself up a few times, said something in my dream and obviously said it out loud as well. A tad embarassing.

Edit: Life would be so much easier if more people stayed awake all night, more conversation.

Yeah I'm teh same - I find it way easier to stay up than to get up. I could probably lie in bed all day, but really if I get up, I can stay up.

My girlfriend gets ready for work at like 7am, and so her radio comes on, followed later by a hair dryer then hair straighteners - all of which I half-sleep and half-awakely just lie through.

In the middle of the other night, I woke her up and said to her "you're on my nice list" in my sleep.

What's your best position to sleep in? Mine's face down, arms under my pillow, head to one side. If I'm on my side I like to have the duvet in between my legs, and I don't know why.

I don´t need much sleep to keep myself up and running. 5-6 hours is usually enough and I always wake up before 8am (yeah, even on holidays). And once I´ve woken up once, I just can´t get myself back to sleep.

Everyone seems to wonder how it´s possible for me to be almost always awake but maybe I´m just freak of nature or something...:heh:

The fetal position for me - most of the time anyways. Mostly on my left side and I can't get to sleep without the TV on. But I also find it hard to actually fall asleep on my left side so end up turning over and facing the wall.

Not as interesting as the tv.

I used to be an insomniac but my job cured that. Well when I'm working at least, when I'm home I still stay up till when I should wake up. I don't have a permanent sleep pattern. I sleep on my belly, head to one side with a leg hitched up. No idea why. I don't move in my sleep anymore either. I used to thrash about and I'd wake up with cuts or bruised knuckles. A couple a cathartic experiences about 2 years ago cured that.

I need sleep. This was exemplified by the fact that when we were all on our little booze cruise to Edinburgh I slept every night for about 8 hours (except for the last night) while everyone else was having the craic!

I need my sleep. I just love sleeping!

When i was younger, i used to be able to go with like, 4 hours sleep.

Now, as i've gotten older i seem to need more and more.

My current sleeping hours:

Midnight > 9am. So i get a decent 9 hours a night.

I sleep on my side, usually away from the wall so i watch TV and drift off. I like sleeping in the same bed as other people (not sexually... and not guys) too, its weird but you get a sense of being kinda safer, i'm just weird.

I think i'm similar to you there Jordon, i used to get alot less sleep but i feel i need all the sleep i can get now. I went to bed at 1 last night and got up at half 10... But some nights i sleep alot less. Normally go to bed shortly after 1 but my wake up times are irratic. (Depends what time i'm in work normally)

If i got my bed to myself i normally lie on my back in the middle and fall asleep that way. If my gf is is sleeping with me i seem to like lying on my side facing the wall, i find it very comfortable for some reason....

My girlfriend gets ready for work at like 7am, and so her radio comes on, followed later by a hair dryer then hair straighteners - all of which I half-sleep and half-awakely just lie through.
Omg you can half-sleep through teh extreme loud noise of hair straighteners? Amaz0rs! :wink:

I hate sleeping, but when I wake up my body refuses to agree with my logic and wake up enough for me to crawl out of bed. Although recently that's been affected by the ancient and uncomfortable art of sharing a single bed. Which I know more than one person on these boards can attest to the not-coolness of. Double bed in July ftw. Due to that I've actually been waking at about 8am and having no problem getting up.

Oh, lately I've been affected a bit by hayfever tablets. Even the so called 'non-drowsy' ones have me half asleep by about 11pm -_-

But I'm one of those people who's constantly worrying about wasted life. I go to sleep fairly late and wake up fairly early. I don't do it in a stupid way, like some people I know on irc, who're actually being destructive by forcing themselves to spend their days in zombie mode, thus defeating the objective of seeing more daylight hours. I just try to make sure that by the time I nod off, the day felt long enough.

i dont like sleeping (tho i dont like waking up either!)..

i sleep all curled up in a ball with about a mountain of sheets on top of me.. ( i like to feel comfy!) and about 4 pillows!.

i go to sleep at about 12-ish and wake up at 8.30 / 7.30 whenever my dad is going to work..

.. i dont like sleeping in too late but once im up - im up! i cant go back to sleep! queue many mornings waking up at like 5 :S.. i hate it so much :(

I get loads fo sleep at night, however i can't stay it bed after i've woke up, i get really frustrated. I usually go to sleep on my back and wake up any old way.

Apparently I hardly stay still when im asleep, i kick off covers and wake up with both pillars on the floor... i'm slightly wierd.

Depends what shift I am on at work.

Earlies I have to get up at 5am so I get like 4 hours sleep.

Lates I have to get up at 10am so I get about 7 hours sleep.

Nights I go in at 7:30pm then get home around 8am so sleep all day.

When Im off I get up when I wake up so anything between 6 - 10 hours usually :)

Depends what shift I am on at work.

Earlies I have to get up at 5am so I get like 4 hours sleep.

Lates I have to get up at 10am so I get about 7 hours sleep.

Nights I go in at 7:30pm then get home around 8am so sleep all day.

When Im off I get up when I wake up so anything between 6 - 10 hours usually :)

i have a similar schedule there due to working an 11pm-7am shift.

I get about 5-6 hours a night and make up for it Sunday night by sleeping 10-12 hours

Usually go to bed around 3/4ish, get up at 12ish. That's my pattern in the Summer. School time it's around 12/1ish to 7.30/8

I usually get about 5-7 hours of sleep at nights, less on weekends.

Strangely it´s happening more and more often that i wake up and i´ve gotten a nose bleed sometime during the night

I go to bed at around 1, the latest I'll go is 4 which I've done a few times.

On a school day I'll get up at 7/half 7

On a non school day if I'm not doing anything the day after I'll be getting up at 10 or 11.

I sleep really easily. Usually go to bed around 1:00 and wake up anywhere between 8:00 and 12:00. Usually I like to sleep on my front with my head always turned to the right. However recently I've discovered that lying on my side with my arms round a girl and my face snuggled in her back to be much more satisfying

I go to bed when I feel I need sleep, and when I wake up I get up...

I am prone to talk in my sleep and have once shouted alot of mad shit when I came in pissed one night

"Danny Your Mums Fit" is one of them....

Omg you can half-sleep through teh extreme loud noise of hair straighteners? Amaz0rs! :wink:

Although recently that's been affected by the ancient and uncomfortable art of sharing a single bed. Which I know more than one person on these boards can attest to the not-coolness of. Double bed in July ftw.

Hair straighteners have a real THUMP to 'em.

my girl is a bit weird sometimes - she is real fussy about sides, and she can't get to sleep unless she's on my side of teh bed on top of me, which leaves me staring at the single-bed space on 'her side' wondering Chandler's eternal "you could fit a penguin over there".

A Warning to all forumites; rolling asleep people is very dangerous, not only for teh chance of crushing one of their limbs, but also there's a large chance they'll wake up and KNEE YOU WHERE IT HURTS.

:)

I tend to have anything between 6 and 9 hours sleep depending on what i did the night before or what i'm doing the next day.

I usually get 11pm - 6:30am on weekdays, and 1-2am - 11am on weekends at the moment :)

I have a very specific way of sleeping though, or else I cant sleep at all.

Im actually terrified of being alone in the dark, and I leave my pc on so the fan makes a noise. I also have to lie on my front, with my legs tucked up and facing the wall. Any other way, and I cant sleep :/

And I dont use a pillow!

I go to sleep at around 1:30-2:30am and wake up around 5-6am. Some would say i'm an insomniac. I find it hard to get to sleep and like to make the most of my day. Also when i wake up i can't get back to sleep. So 5:30 is usually around my wake up time no matter when i go to sleep (even if it was at 5:00!!!). :D

I sleep facing the wall with my legs tucked up all curled up in a ball.

I have a duvet and sheets to keep me cosy during the night and one pillow. I also have a lot of monkeys but they are to the side of my bed. I also have a toy cushion i made called Splob which is a mixture between a splat and a blob. :D

I love going to bed really late and waking up really late.