NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Which Gen?

Alright, now this is something that has been bugging me for a long, long time.

Ok, which generation are we currently in now. The 360 and PS3 systems are called next-generation machines, but surely they're now...now-gen systems?

If so, where does the Wii come into it? New Gen?

'Next gen' is an ambiguious term that has no real meaning to be honest.

Its current generation now...

The next set of systems are next gen, the ones that haven't even been annouced yet.

Its a sales term just to promote new consoles. Basically it's new no it's next gen.

It will only be seen as current gen when new consoles are unvealed.

The now generation are 360, PS3, and Wii. Like it or not they're all from the same generation. Just because they focus on different things doesn't mean they are different generations. They are all 7th generation consoles.

Next-gen is PS3, 360 and Wii until it is owned by me, then it's current gen.

I thought Sony were going to tell us when he next generation begins...

All theree are 7th generation consoles. Anyone who dissagrees is wrong unless im wrong. The wii is as much next gen as ps3 the generations have nothing to do with graphics or ability really as long as its an advancedment from the consoles before.

I thought Sony were going to tell us when he next generation begins...

Maybe they're still waiting for the PS3 to sell.:heh:

I have always seen it as the 7th generation of consoles. PS3, 360 and wii are now current gen. The next consoles when they would be revealed in the future would become 'next gen' Although i think some companies consider the wii past gen with them porting some ps2 games across.

when your favorite company's system comes out the consoles that are in the same generation are current gen

at least that how i see it

the wii ps3 and 360 are the current current gen

The Wii, PS3, 360 are next gen consoles..

It has nothing to do with power it's basically the next set of consoles brought out.

The Wii, PS3, 360 are next gen consoles..

It has nothing to do with power it's basically the next set of consoles brought out.

they can't be next gen because there already out

Yeah, that's what confuses me though. Because then, effectively, aren't they BOTH Next-gen and current-gen?

Ahhhhhh!

They are referred to as Next Gen consoles still...

WTFFF?

They are referred to as Next Gen consoles still...

WTFFF?

I feel your pain, man. Because you may look at this thread and think "oh, the answer is simple..." but it really isn't.

At what point does a machine go from being a next-gen machine to current gen? If it's in terms of release, then doesn't that mean that the Xbox360 was current generation first? Therefore a generation ahead of the PS3 and Wii?

What is current gen?

Al of people thnk next gen means now. It desn't make sense guys. This has bothered me for a while too.

I feel your pain, man. Because you may look at this thread and think "oh, the answer is simple..." but it really isn't.

At what point does a machine go from being a next-gen machine to current gen? If it's in terms of release, then doesn't that mean that the Xbox360 was current generation first? Therefore a generation ahead of the PS3 and Wii?

What is current gen?

I think Next Gen becomes Next Gen when the consoles are announced, and shown to the public.

Next Gen becomes Current Gen when the consoles released have established itself, after a year or so.

It has nothing to so with Technological Advances I know that much

Al of people thnk next gen means now. It desn't make sense guys. This has bothered me for a while too.

Sometimes the simple questions are the ones which stump us all. Look at my Batman thread for example. :D

I think Next Gen becomes Next Gen when the consoles are announced, and shown to the public.

Next Gen becomes Current Gen when the consoles released have established itself, after a year or so.

It has nothing to so with Technological Advances I know that much

So, what is the 360, Wii and PS3? Next gen or current Gen?

So, what is the 360, Wii and PS3? Next gen or current Gen?

They are Next Gen at this moment in time, Give it till Next Year the term of Next Gen will be used very rarely....

The older the 3 Console's get the use of Next Gen will be used less and less...

I believe wii.360, and ps3 are current gen.. The next gen doesn't exist yet but when wii2,ps4 and 3602 is announced then that's the next gen.

I believe wii.360, and ps3 are current gen.. The next gen doesn't exist yet but when wii2,ps4 and 3602 is announced then that's the next gen.

I think people sometimes still refer to these as Next Gen because there is still a large percentage of the gaming population still waiting to buy them. However, they certainly do become more current gen as time goes by, and definetely become current gen when new consoles are announced.

Sign in to follow this