NEurope
Dyson

Accents

I live in Wales and some people say i have a Welsh accent with some of the words that i say.

I live in Wales and some people say i have a Welsh accent with some of the words that i say.

Which words would they be?

Say "oh my god I cant believe it." It sounds pretty Welsh when I say that.

Have any of you ever wondered what it would sound like if you were "doing it" with a lass who is from Wolverhampton and has a thick BC accent?

"Oh, oh, yeah, ah, that is bostin! Don't yow stop doing that! That is bostin!"

You legend! This has to be my favourite post of the week. :laughing:

Apparently the more intoxicated I get the more glaswegian my accent goes. I've also been accused of this happening when I'm stressed or nervous.

I'm from Altrincham which is just outside Manchester, although I wouldn't really say I've got an accent... most people can't tell where I'm from when I speak.

The hottest accent on girls, for me, is a light Geordie accent!

Can't stand the Brummie accent!

Forgot to mention the accent that gets me off: Has to be the French accent. I'm a bit of a sucker for foreigners...

I had a flatmate who was both Hot and French. Why did she ever have to leave?!

I'm also a bit of a Spanish accent fan, it's pretty damn Sexy, I think. The Irish accent on girls also can be quite soothing. :)

I have a slight aberdonian twang, which ain't a bad thing really - since we sound nothing like your stereotypical jock.

thanks not ver nice ::(.. i dont add "hi" to ever sentence so you must not know very many people from here to think that ( neither does / nando / ).. also very stereotypical..

i dont actually know anyone who adds "hi" to the end of every sentence

remind me if i ever meet you to never talk to you (i wouldnt want you to shoot yourself would i?)

I'm really sorry, I just don't like the sound of the Antrim accents, they don't fall easy on my ears at all. But you're right, it wasn't very nice, was just getting into the whole accent discussion a bit much! I even made sure to put my own Belfast accent down in the same post, it's a disgusting sound to a lot of people too. Each to their own! Remind me if I ever meet you to apologise again ::smile:

Irish, Jamaican, Indian, Canadian, Welsh, Scottish, Scouse, Geordie, Mexican and Italian accents ftw.

YAY FOR IRISH ACCENTS!

I have a "Drawdaa" acent, and though people from home think I sound really posh and slightly Dublin 4-ish, I have a tendancy to speak different to different people. TTo people from home I can speak in my regular accent, including slang etc but with friends on LIVE etc I try to clean it up a bit though Caris and Nintenchris seem to think Im totally un-comprehensable at times!!

I'm really sorry, I just don't like the sound of the Antrim accents, they don't fall easy on my ears at all. But you're right, it wasn't very nice, was just getting into the whole accent discussion a bit much! I even made sure to put my own Belfast accent down in the same post, it's a disgusting sound to a lot of people too. Each to their own! Remind me if I ever meet you to apologise again ::smile:

Where abouts in Belfast are you? I'm in Lisburn now but was born in Andersonstown so I've a wee bit of a mixture.

Where abouts in Belfast are you? I'm in Lisburn now but was born in Andersonstown so I've a wee bit of a mixture.

I was born on the Falls and lived there for the first half of my life, living just outside the West now in Dunmurry!

Can't stand the Brummie accent!

Bet you a fiver you actually mean the Black Country accent.

Because that's what everyone outside of the West Midlands means when they're on about a "Brummie accent".

I can't think of any accent which I like or consider mildly attractive. If anything, a lot of them are annoying. :P

On a side note, the first time I heard a Welsh accent I thought it was a mutated Jamaican accent. :p