NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Is Batman A Superhero Or Not?

No. I personally hate Batman. He's an immature prick in an imaginary, unbelievable city and saves people from Jim Carrey in a costume. Now, Spiderman or Daredevil... then you're talking.

Daredevil has no powers either! Neither does Captain America!

Batman is the only multimilliionaire superhero.

Money = Power

Millionaire = Super Power

Erm... Iron Man?

Don't knock the thread. :(

It's actually been pretty fun.

This has been a good thread, marred only by the lack of a poll!

Daredevil has super hearing and stuff, given to him by some radioactive shite.

Captain America is Genetically Enhanced by some sort of anti-commie potion which gave him super strength and ninja shield throwing ability, but weakened his powers of dress sense.

Superstrength? Spider-Sense? Superhuman agility? Like to see you stop a train with spray string.

Spidermans webbing is not natural, he makes the stuff at home on his chemistry set. And there's no way he could stop a train without it.

Spidermans webbing is not natural, he makes the stuff at home on his chemistry set. And there's no way he could stop a train without it.

He produces it in his body now. I checked. The internet is so very useful. Apparently he can also "communicate" with arthropods now.

Word. About 3-4 years ago they became organic, ala the movies.

From "The Other" last year he got like...sticky back powers, so can carry folk without holding them, and enhanced spider-sense and some night vision skillz.

He produces it in his body now. I checked. The internet is so very useful. Apparently he can also "communicate" with arthropods now.

Word. About 3-4 years ago they became organic, ala the movies.

From "The Other" last year he got like...sticky back powers, so can carry folk without holding them, and enhanced spider-sense and some night vision skillz.

What a load of bollocks, thats worse than Golden Age Superman.

JMS has really messed with Spider-Man since he took over. He's made it so Peter was actually chosen by a "Spider Totem" and not just got his powers through an accident. He helped with all the Other bollocks, having Peter give in to his Spider side, die, go into a cocoon, be reborn then have to fight his shedded skin!

The worst part of course being Sins Past. Having Peters first love Gwen Stacy have an affair with Norman Osborn then have his twins in the space of 3 months.

Makes me glad I don't read comics anymore.

Things were so much better in the eighties.

Hes off it soon...And they're getting rid of Neighbourhood...and they're making AMS 3 times a month.

Yeah....kinda crazy. Looks cool though. Retro covers for the first storyline "One Last Day"

I havent actually bought a comic in about 2 years, decided to go back to TPBs as comic boxes were taking up too much room and I prefer being able to read the whole story in one go.

Hulk tops my list tbh. Being a big green monster with unlimited strength proportional to you're anger just seems beautifully simple! He'd also kick Spidey's arse :p

Then again he could, in theory, kick the arse of every living thing in the Universe. Then turn round and kick the Universe's arse just for good measure

Bats definitely comes second, with Green Lantern 3rd

/You can tell Spidey could find a way to calm Hulk down, or deirradiate him, then cyrogenically freeze him as Bruce Banner, then leave.

Also, I hate how Hulk is irrational, it makes the character less fun, and less interesting.

IMO:

Spidey > Hulk.

Spidey > Batman

Batman > Hulk

Batman > Superman

She-Hulk > Spidey

Makes me glad I don't read comics anymore.

Things were so much better in the eighties.

I think as they ran out of decent stories they started making ever more stupid ones. I love the original Spiderman, it makes me angry that they come up with rubbish which sees him dying, being reborn etc.

/You can tell Spidey could find a way to calm Hulk down, or deirradiate him, then cyrogenically freeze him as Bruce Banner, then leave.

Already been done, sort of, no freezing, but Spiderman used a device to syphon of the Hulks gamma radiation, unfortunately there was a fault in the device and Spiderman ended up absorbing the radiation and became Spider Hulk.

I kid you not.

unfortunately he isn't:

webofspider-man070.jpg

and you really think comics have gotten worse?

And the stories are for the most part better anyway. They're more in touch with todays generation, Ie me.

Dont get me wrong, I respect the old stuff of course. But yeah.

Whats good now > What was good then.

And Hulks currently fucking up Earth, after Mr F, Iron Man, Black Bolt and Dr Stranger sent him into space. And he didnt die. And he became king of a planet.

And Ive got the alternate cover winging its way to me. Michael Turner FTW.

Dont get me wrong, I respect the old stuff of course. But yeah.

Whats good now > What was good then.

And Hulks currently fucking up Earth, after Mr F, Iron Man, Black Bolt and Dr Stranger sent him into space. And he didnt die. And he became king of a planet.

And Ive got the alternate cover winging its way to me. Michael Turner FTW.

too bad he blew up his planet ;) Amazing spidermans the best one (the original too) and spideys fought the hulk many a time and usually won, he even managed to knock him down via a full on punch to the face, anyway the plots are better then than now, more spidey angst etc

Back on the thread now, batman, wow, he has like 800 issues now? thats rather intense, superhero or not, he sells well. But i never liked Dc comics, they were too gritty and filled with death

Back on the thread now, batman, wow, he has like 800 issues now?

Thats just one title...hes got like...on average like 6 titles a month incl mini series'

Thats just one title...hes got like...on average like 6 titles a month incl mini series'

true, dark knights, justice leagues, justice society, earths 1 and 2 etc, only spiderman can match that amount of mini series! i think only marvels ff has the biggest issues (in marvel) like 600 now?

true, dark knights, justice leagues, justice society, earths 1 and 2 etc, only spiderman can match that amount of mini series! i think only marvels ff has the biggest issues (in marvel) like 600 now?

That is indeed correct, all the others have gone for like volume 2's etc etc or evolved.

FF state the number...as well as being on a different volume I think. Dont get it personally.

Don't flame me, but;

Marvel > Dc is most cases.

but

Batman > Captain America/Thor/Iron Man etc.