NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Is Batman A Superhero Or Not?

Batman puts his life on the line to save people and enforce justice. Of course he is a superhero. Even moreso than the likes of Superman, who can rush into anything because he knows he's practically invincible.

Yeah but lets face it you can only say that about Superman because there are few instances where he would get hurt. He goes in even when he knows hes going to get hurt anyway. Plus we all know that what hurts Superman really is an ongoing sense of isolation and loneliness.

I think Batman is a superhero, the only thing that sets him apart is the fact that he doesn't have any supernatural powers. He's proved that he doesn't need them to be able to fight crime and he kicks arse anyway. In my book he earns the title of supehero because he's just damn better than all the others and he doesn't even have powers of his own, that makes him pretty super in my eyes.

He is beyond a normal man. Therefore he is "super".

He also is part of the superheor universe that is DC comics.

He is a superhero. He just doesn't have any powers.

As one of the very few DC comics characters I like, I'd say he is. Purely for distracting attention from Marvel.

I think it is a hard question considering he is more of a vigilante than a superhero. I think from a personal view I would call him a superhero but if you went by the definition of superhero then he isnt:

"A figure, especially in a comic strip or cartoon, endowed with superhuman powers and usually portrayed as fighting evil or crime."

If you put James Bond in a costume, would he be a superhero?

Batman's superpower is his enhanced determination, willpower and tactical mind.

He can go for days without sleeping, and given enough time to think, can defeat anyone.

He is a Superhero IMO.

Read anything that has 'Batman' and 'Frank Miller' in the same sentence. Your questions are answered.

Batman is a super hero in my eyes. He is a hero cos he saves many lives and stops the bad guys but does it all very superly!! :heh:

And it was defo Knock Down Ginger.

No. I personally hate Batman. He's an immature prick in an imaginary, unbelievable city and saves people from Jim Carrey in a costume. Now, Spiderman or Daredevil... then you're talking.

Why cos theyre not emo?

At least Bats gets on with it and doesnt winge. He doesnt even usually go crying to Alfred, he just takes it out on the Joker with all that homoerotic tension.

Why cos theyre not emo?

At least Bats gets on with it and doesnt winge. He doesnt even usually go crying to Alfred, he just takes it out on the Joker with all that homoerotic tension.

Spiderman is the most hilarious comic book character available. If you've ever read ultimate spidey, you know what I mean.:yay:

Anyway, at least spidey has a personality. Batman, Superman and the likes are basically the same person. Spidey is a typical teenager with A LOT of probs. Batman live in a big mansion and has to battle penguins. NO contest.

No, not lovers. Robin is his slave.

They're both as crap as each other.

I love how Batman and Robin are so obviously lovers.

Yeah of course they are :indeed:

Once again, the power of MSN and the two losers that are me and ViPeR have brought to you this wonderfully engaging and fascinating thread. From the creators of "knock ginger: up or down", this thread promises to be a rollercoaster ride, to the very truth that we all seek for in our lives...

Is Batman A SuperHero or not?

I say yes, he says no.

What do ye think?

No, he's a rich vigilante hero. He is not super, because he has no superpowers. I always thought it to be fairly obvious, but it doesn't mean he isn't a hero.

Batman isn't a superhero, he's a superhero killer.