NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Alleged Wii pics that we know aren't real..

I'm sick of seeing old ports given headlines yet thoes headlines are mostly showing pictures from their prior releases... Case in point:

On the 12/06/2007 jeuxfrance.com posted !new! Driver Wii screens picked up from Ngc France. Fair enough you may think. Well below is one of those screens posted:

133114033920070612210605.jpg

I wasn't a big fan of the screens posted as they primarily focused on cut scenes with only a couple of shots seemingly in game.

Yet what does frustrate me is when this is seen as news, yet if we rewind to 2005. Monday October the 21st to be exact; we see this posting:

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/ps2/driver_4/screenshot-19.html

Now, the pictures are EXACTLY the same, which just infuriates me. It sparked my interest and seems to be happening frequently with the Wii. We see re-released software for the system yet we are shown other, older systems shots. It's shocking and not a good indication of how the final software will even turn out. (Or how far into developmet it is.) It's a joke when this happens and publishers should be named and shamed. I urge people to look closer at these 'Wii-makes'. From Resident Evil 4 to Scarface we are probably being given shots from eons ago.

Now, I know in some cases this can be a good point. If only to show readers what the game will look like - Yet it's when it is a BLATANT lie...like the above example that it is wrong. Just thought I'd highlight the point.

..is the fact that you made this exact same topic under different headings making a point about the pictures being the same (the topics being representative of that)? ..or am I reading too much into it all?

Sign in to follow this