NEurope
Guest Jordan

Vista Thread

How the hell does that get a higher score than a 320 seagate 7200.10 16mb cache!

How the hell does that get a higher score than a 320 seagate 7200.10 16mb cache!

No idea dude :D

captureld8.jpg

Why does Caris picture has a point and mine has a comma? Weird.

Because of your regional settings. (Or at least that would be the reason if it was XP - the reason for you is whatever corresponds to regional settings for Vista.)

Think it's becuase you have ulimate :smile:

I have ultimate, but its a dot!

I have ultimate, but its a dot!

Same here...

Its defo regional settings :p

Oh right! You guys do it the opposite of us.

Portugal : 100.000.000,1

UK: 100,000,000.1

Thats cuase you smell though.

Say that again and i'll kick your ass.

At a game of somekind...

Say that again and i'll kick your ass.

At a game of somekind...

My hero!! :love:

My laptop kicks all you're asses!

Processor: 3.0

RAM: 2.9

Graphics: 2.0

Gaming Graphics: 4.3

Primary Hard Disk: 3.8

: peace: L33TN355 :laughing:

My laptop kicks all you're asses!

Processor: 3.0

RAM: 2.9

Graphics: 2.0

Gaming Graphics: 4.3

Primary Hard Disk: 3.8

: peace: L33TN355 :laughing:

What does Gaming Graphics cover? That laptop is beating my computer at it (I have an ATI Radeon X1300)

You have to remember, all these ratings are proportional.

It gives you a score against your other components, not just because of what you have.

I managed to get a Home Premium Copy of Vista from a friend and I like it but my Widows Media player is not working. I click on the programme and nothing happens. anyone have any ideas why this happening?

£30 for 1GB more RAM (I only have 1GB, and I'm only looking at the exact same RAM chip, to ensure compatability.)..

Should I?

Here be mine:

pcscore.jpg

I want to upgrade my graphics card, I can either buy another 7600GT and run them in SLi, or I can get something else completely. What are those new 8800 things like? What about in SLi?

Here be mine:

pcscore.jpg

I want to upgrade my graphics card, I can either buy another 7600GT and run them in SLi, or I can get something else completely. What are those new 8800 things like? What about in SLi?

Depends on the application. Some do better with a SLI setup and others depend on raw power. If you really want to upgrade I would go for the long run and get a DX10 card.

I personally like XP better than Vista. Mainly because I don't need all that graphical stuff they call improvement. My XP looks like a Windows 2000 installation. Driver support for Vista is still not good enough for me so I stick with my Linux/XP dual boot.

As with the Mac thread, try to keep most Vista stuff in here. This is more for general Vista talk than tech problems etc, they're better in there individual threads (more noticable)

Might have known. For a first post that was blooming annoying!

Ah well, im not going to delete it, the edit button looks more tempting. You're post can stay like that for a day or 2, then i'll let you back in

Consider this the new type of punishment, more fun for me than telling you off and putting you on 'the naughty step'

Vista's prettier than XP! TBH, if i had a spare machine that ran XP it'd be on Vista if possible. Seems a lot of people round here have upgraded too-which i found a little surprising ^_^

And being able to see the contents of the window live by hovering over the tab seems really cool.

So... in short, we now need to talk about the two in a different thread because comparing them makes it wrong.

At least call it 'the windows® thread' - it's not as silly as the long-lived VIsta, wich will only be out on the market for two years.

Vista is looking good, though - but you'de be better off switching to XP, or sticking to your copy.

Why is it only mac people have posted here? Lol Well I've been enjoying Vista and all of its wonderful features for about 4 months now. Practically each week I find a new, cool feature. And Aero is the shit, no matter what people say.

Takeo your obsessed with Microsoft I'm convinced...

So my general round up of Vista after using it for a good month or two....

Fast

Sleek

Safe

however a shit load of compatability issues, expected however...