NEurope
Guest Jordan

Vista Thread

Newer games with DX10 hardware actually get performance boosts in Vista. Its older hardware and games that have the worse issues. Biggest isue is immature drivers ofc. Lots of different hardware and games out there...

Newer games with DX10 hardware actually get performance boosts in Vista.

Yes, ALL of them.

I'm on Vista now, put my Mac downstairs for abit see what i make of this, so far im really impressed but i guess only time will tell if it is really good or not.

This is probably old news now, but has anyone heard about the work around that allows you to clean install vista using an upgrade version of the software saving you about £100? Microsoft say if you do this its against the terms and conditions, most people say "We don't care."

This is probably old news now, but has anyone heard about the work around that allows you to clean install vista using an upgrade version of the software saving you about £100? Microsoft say if you do this its against the terms and conditions, most people say "We don't care."

Perform an isntall without key (trial version will install) and then run the install with key, running on vista. See previous post. Or it refers to how to do it if you do'nt have XP.

Its not big deal since the upgrade does a clean install pretty much anyway. Its different from old windows upgrades.

Just installed Vista. All i can say is what a breath of fresh air!

Ive been stuck with Sabayon Linux for months, and although the Sabayon boys are doing a cracking job the OS was just too darn complicated (more a Linux problem in general).

I really am impressed with Vista, running Home Premium but with Aero turned off because my comp cant handle it. It looks good and is running well, even though half my software is being emulated (seems to be a lack of Vista versions around ATM).

Only problem ive had so far is getting the WiFi to work, using a USB dongle until i can get the built in card to work. More down to Acer than Microsoft, i need a certain driver for the 'button' on the front of the laptop that controls the Antenna.

What Specs are your PC?

I done the same thing, and I think PERSONALLY Vista is the much better OS, however I am expecting problems, but have not encountered any yet.

Vista Is indeed amazing, but do you want to take the risk?

If so, you probably won't regret it :)

What risks? as longs if you know how to update software and drivers your fine.

I ve been using Vista Ultimate since RC2 and god do I wish I could go back to XP, but because going back would take so long with backing up data and getting my machine back to how I like it I cba, I just put up with the stuff I hate :hmm:

*Clears throat* Get a Mac . . . . . . *ahem*

If i was still on a PC, i'd stick with XP for the next 2 years or so. Vista just doesn't do it for me at all.

If your pc can run it well enough, I highly recommend vista.

There isnt much driver support yet, but everything else is just so great :)

Im glad I made the change.

If your pc can run it well enough, I highly recommend vista.

There isnt much driver support yet, but everything else is just so great :)

Im glad I made the change.

What You Said...(Y)

Been using Vista for a week now, so far so good *fingers crossed* i turned off the Aero thingy because it slowed the framrate for WoW but thats it really =D

The decision is pretty simple. Check that all you're hardware works with Vista, if it does then get it! Its leagues a head of XP and the only realy problems with it so far are drivers.

Im still waiting on Acer making drivers for the on/off button on my WiFi card's antenna though, wish they'd hurry up because the USB dongle is begining to get on my nerves!

Vista is just better over all, its been getting alot of bad press and even i was against it for a while. Now i'd say its even better than XP...

Plus i need it for DX10, kinda useless being on XP with my 8800.

I see no one point unless you get it with a new PC, you want DX 10 support badly (no games yet) and or you can get it pretty cheap.

I see no one point unless you get it with a new PC, you want DX 10 support badly (no games yet) and or you can get it pretty cheap.

I suppose thats true, Lost Planet (the first DX10 game) is out on June and theres currently DX10 tech demos on the nvidia site which are... breath taking i have to admit.

Vista is just super pretty, super flexable and incredibly organised.

Vista is just better over all, its been getting alot of bad press and even i was against it for a while. Now i'd say its even better than XP...

Plus i need it for DX10, kinda useless being on XP with my 8800.

Pretty much my thoughts on it too, was anti-Vista a few months back because of the DRM. So far though it seems to have been a lot of fuss about nothing, ive seen none.

If it does start to get in the way i wont hesitate to go out and buy XP MCE instead

I still want to try Vista, because I wasn't a fan of XP, moved to Mac OS X, which I really like, and now It really annoys me using Windows every day at work. I'd like to try it out just to see how much better it is.

Have both like I have! :) XP is the best for games at the moment though. Vista likes to fuck up performance on games.