NEurope
Guest Jordan

Vista Thread

The EU are fucktards. Who are they to say what an operating system can and cannot include? Next they'll be saying MS can't include paint or something equally rediculous.

This does not mean I support MS's evilness, I just with they'd bring out one single operating system package which can do everything, so the user can decide what they want to use it for.

I hate the EU, the worst thing britian could do it get even more invlolved with it.

i dont get why theres no Media Player and yet IE7 is included, all lack of WMP will do is confuse the average user!

tbh MSoft will probably get round the problem by including it in an update or something anyway

Wont be buying Vista anyway, its going to use 10GB of HDD space!!!

Hmmm, not to me, the average customer probably will only update their OS when they get a new PC. Buying the OS in a box isn't really something most people do, or is it just me who thinks that way?

That may be how it was when say XP was released, not many people had PC's then (or not many people I knew). The people who did, didn't go buy a new computer for the new OS. With lots more PC's out there now I highly doubt every person will just go a new PC for Vista. So the confusion still stands.

Blame the European Union! No Media Player? Its like buying a car without a stereo.

Its more of buying a car with out a stereo, but with the ability to drive around the corner and get a better one for free. Home Basic will do me, as you can get all the media/entertainemt software you need for free.

I hate the EU, the worst thing britian could do it get even more invlolved with it.

I don't see what does international politics have to do with a PRUDUCT, but why does everyone dislikes the EU?

Its more of buying a car with out a stereo, but with the ability to drive around the corner and get a better one for free. Home Basic will do me, as you can get all the media/entertainemt software you need for free.

Finaly! This is what I'm trying to say.

I still don't get what so wonderful about their la-dee-da new "Aero-display". Just give me some fucking decent 32/64 fuctionality and piss off.

screenshot001yc0dk9.jpg

Prices in U.S.D as of 8/28/06

Vista Ultimate

-Upgrade: $269.931

-Full Retail: $450.581

Vista Home Premium

-Upgrade: $179.691

-Full Retail: $269.931

Vista Home Basic

-Upgrade: $116.483

-Full Retail: $233.862

Vista Business

-Upgrade: $224.832

-Full Retail: $342.215

Vista Home Premium

-Upgrade: $179.691

-Full Retail: $269.931

You are having a Barry Chuckle aren't you?

Holy... That's just so damn expensive. Are they seriously expecting home users to pay that much? I can see people only getting it when they buy a complete bundle system from places like PC World.

Considering Office costs £300 new, I think you're getting off lightly. Those prices were in dollars remember, Basic and Premium are only £70 and £100 if you're upgrading legally.

Just give me one valid reason to switch to vista. And no, dx10 isn't one of them. From 98 to XP made actually some sense as it's more stable and reliable. Vista however offers only some eye candy.

Ok, so if i go for ultimate upgrade, rather then the full retail version, what will this mean?

ubuntu = free

open office = free

Windows Vista = Direct X 10

Direct X 10 = Crysis

Crysis = Jordan creaming himself over a game.

Ok, so if i go for ultimate upgrade, rather then the full retail version, what will this mean?

Basically it means that you have to have a previous copy of windows. E.g Windows XP. Other than that there's no difference. Or at least that was the case in win98 and XP.

windows = no need for a neckbeard.[/Quote]

It's linux, not unix ffs ;)

Considering Office costs £300 new, I think you're getting off lightly. Those prices were in dollars remember, Basic and Premium are only £70 and £100 if you're upgrading legally.

but ultimate is the way to go,

Windows Vista = Direct X 10

Direct X 10 = Crysis

Crysis = Jordan creaming himself over a game.

= Jordan with no money :P

Basically it means that you have to have a previous copy of windows. E.g Windows XP. Other than that there's no difference. Or at least that was the case in win98 and XP.

ahh k, Well thats all well and good, i got a "jordan" version of windows xp, so ill just opt for the upgrade then.