NEurope

I got a new iPhone the other day. It's a great phone but there's glaring omissions with the most basic of functions such as,

Unable to send texts to multiple contacts or forward messages (how the hell do i forward jokes!?!?)

No video camera

No MMS

Am not bothered about the last two. But does anybody know of a workaround for the texting problem. Lost count of the amount of times I typed "Happy New Year" last night. I have heard of a program called iSMS but it seems complicated to install.

Can anyone help??

I got a new iPhone the other day. It's a great phone but there's glaring omissions with the most basic of functions such as,

Unable to send texts to multiple contacts or forward messages (how the hell do i forward jokes!?!?)

No video camera

No MMS

Am not bothered about the last two. But does anybody know of a workaround for the texting problem. Lost count of the amount of times I typed "Happy New Year" last night. I have heard of a program called iSMS but it seems complicated to install.

Can anyone help??

You CAN send texts to multiple people, just add their names in at the top, tap the '+' symbol.

You CAN send texts to multiple people, just add their names in at the top, tap the '+' symbol.

Oh yeah! Cheers for that. Now feeling pretty stupid!! :heh:

Any way around the forwarding messages bit?

As far as i can tell no, not built in by Apple anyway. There might be an app kicking around for it anyway. It's of the 3 major faults with the phone. In my view the lack of picture messaging, the ability not to forward and not being able to copy and paste. The camera is surprisingly good for a 2 megapixel.

I actually find it quicker just to press in the box and type in the person's name and clicking on it.

Another thing which annoys me about it is the inability to send someone's contact details via SMS.

I'm loving the look of the Palm Pre, yes its took inspiration from the iPhone, but Palm appear to have developed these fundamental basics and surpassed what the iPhone is currently capable of. Integration with facebook, google calenders / mail looks sweet. The OS looks responsive and certainly flows like the iPhone, I'm impressed with the pre's gestures, they will come in handy for an efficient workflow.

The appearance doesn't look as sophisticated as the iPhone, either way I can't wait to have a go one. Looks very promising.

Palm @ CES

I'll be ordering my "stop gap" phone soon, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic. I'm getting a free contract phone in July... But I want this phone anyway.

I've got a Sony Xperia X1 and I've really happy with it, but my Mrs. finds the keypad hard to use with her false nails on. She'd like a QWERTY mobile, but doesn't like the Blackberry type pad. I've heard bad things about HTC, but have no real evidence that they're that bad. Has anyone got any long term experience with HTC phones?

Having spent a few days with my new iPhone just thought I'd say it's sublime. There are stupid omissions (as others have mentioned) but with apps that, for the most part put things right (camera zoom, text forwarder & voice recorder) and all those apps which make it even better (iplayer, youtube, ipod) I'm more than happy. :)

Hmmm... HTC Touch Pro would probably be a good idea. But they ain't cheap.

That's cool, but she wants something with a QWERTY keypad.

Well, the iphone does have a QWERTY keypad (touch) and I have to say they're pretty nice, they have a basic kind of predictive text so if you slightly miss the right button, you can keep going anyway and it'll figure out what you were trying to say.

I used a mate's HTC Touch Diamond the other day at work. The touchscreen was gash in comparison to an iphone's. Less touch, more press really, really hard. And Windows Mobile isn't well liked in general.

What about T-Mobile's G1 with Google's Android?

If cost were no issue I'd go for the iPhone.

HTC phone use resistant touch screens, the iPhone is only phone that uses the other type that i can't remember.

This makes things "easier" to use.

Well, the iphone does have a QWERTY keypad (touch) and I have to say they're pretty nice, they have a basic kind of predictive text so if you slightly miss the right button, you can keep going anyway and it'll figure out what you were trying to say.

It actually works quite well. I've written lines of complete jiberish that the iPhone has managed to change into a coherent sentence. Although, sometimes it does miss out fairly easy words.

I've got a Sony Xperia X1 and I've really happy with it, but my Mrs. finds the keypad hard to use with her false nails on. She'd like a QWERTY mobile, but doesn't like the Blackberry type pad. I've heard bad things about HTC, but have no real evidence that they're that bad. Has anyone got any long term experience with HTC phones?

The Xperia is my by HTC, it's development name was the HTC Kovsky :) You should have a pretty good idea of what HTC devices are like.

There's a good few mobiles you could get your missus to try; Nokia E90, LG Prada II, Google G1, HTC Touch Pro (of those the E90 has the best keyboard). Or for full touch-screen, the Blackberry Storm, HTC Touch HD, Nokia 5800, Samsung Omnia, Apple iPhone.

I'd expect she'll get on better with a resistive touch screen than a capacitive one, nails don't work on cap screens. I know my mum has trouble with her Touch because of this.

As for the X1, if you want i could post up some links to apps that i've found really helpful on mine. Try Resco Contacts for a start:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.resco.net%2Fpocketpc%2Fcontactmanager%2F&ei=Gb2VSb7yCuKJjAeoioSmCw&usg=AFQjCNEu91enxRNYkCy9tVhTn6YpiYyKVw&sig2=M-lcTUE1-K8nErEEdTkZUw

Oh, and the latest version of PointUI has just been released. Been waiting on this for weeks, it looks awesome!

I'm in need of some phone recommendations. I cancelled my O2 contract on Friday because they were not very helpful with my phone problem. (They wanted me to pay £50 to repair my phone even though i pay insurance and damage is manufacturing).

Anyway, enough of that. I'm looking for a phone with similar specs to the N95 i currently have and i am stuck for choice. Any recommendations??.

I'm thinking of getting a new phone, the camera on my K550i has lost all it's focus and there's a load of dust after building up under the screen.

Anyone have/used the Sony Ericsson K850i or the c902?

Anyway, enough of that. I'm looking for a phone with similar specs to the N95 i currently have and i am stuck for choice. Any recommendations??.

It depends what it is you like about the N95 and how much you're looking to spend. Unfortunately there isn't really a great all-rounder like the N95 around at the moment unless you go for an N96 or N85 (both are basically the N95 updated, with the N85 possibly being the better of the two).

I'm thinking of getting a new phone, the camera on my K550i has lost all it's focus and there's a load of dust after building up under the screen.

Anyone have/used the Sony Ericsson K850i or the c902?

From what i know Sony Ericsson aren't making very reliable phones at the moment, so replacing a broken Sony with another Sony might not be the best idea.

With so many amazing new phones out Q2/3/4 you'd be pretty daft to buy one right now anyway.

k850i... keepp away!

its a nice phone when it works. But the unbelievable amount of things that can go wrong... Sometimes you can't access your messages, sometimes it wont turn on, sometimes it crashes.. o_O

I still have my old Motorola e550 as my main phone but looking to upgrade this year. When's the best time to start looking for one with all the new phones coming out. Ideally I'd like one with GPS and built in Wifi for web browsing.