NEurope

Updates are coming thick and fast for the N900. It's quite possible that those opinions were correct, but have since been fixed. It's quite impressive just how quickly the updates are coming to be honest, a lot faster than any other mobile OS on the market.

Here we go. Seems absolutely fine to me.

cheers mate! I've pretty much made my mind I am going for this over an iphone...the free form nature appeals to me more, although Rez you may find me asking you some dumb questions.

No worries man. :) I'll hit you up with a few videos I've watched and short tutorials I've followed. I'll be happy to help.

I'm still waiting for my mum to get the money together the N900 has been my choice for ages now >.<. The N900 is meant to be my late christmas present.

Word. Its absolutely insane. :santa:

watched tons of other videos as well so defintely gonna get this phone!

watched tons of other videos as well so defintely gonna get this phone!

Makes me more distressed that I don't have it yet >.<.

Does anyone know of the n900 being on another network other than Vodaphone? Say like on Orange or T-Mobile as I really want this phone but don't want to change my network.

What network are you on?

As far as I read it was coming to T-Mobile now/soon, and then more networks later in the year.

Makes me more distressed that I don't have it yet >.<.

Does anyone know of the n900 being on another network other than Vodaphone? Say like on Orange or T-Mobile as I really want this phone but don't want to change my network.

lol well I won't have it for another 2 weeks!so your not alone!

edit;

REZ your new sig is epic!

I'm on orange. But if it's on t-mobile soon that'd be ok too since the whole merger thing is happening soon.

To flameboy, yea but then you'll have it before me and i'll be all depressed then lol,

I've had my trusty SE w850 for the past few years and it's falling apart. I cracked it the other week running to uni and it fell out my pocket and bounced off the floor >.<. The only time i've ever done that in the years i've had it. It's my sister who drops phones all the time not me, I feel sorry for her poor iPhone.

24 month contract... what a long time to have a phone these days. It will be so ancient by then.

Its becoming the standard though. Hell I remember seeing that in America one phone was being offered on a 48 month contract only.

Its becoming the standard though. Hell I remember seeing that in America one phone was being offered on a 48 month contract only.

that requires a double take! Woahhh!

I cant imagine 2 years stuck in the same contract! I find the 30 notice for simplicity just ok.. just! I mean if you do the maths, if you can afford it buy the phone on unlocked or a network you know that could be unlocked with pay as you go and just sim only that bad boy.

that requires a double take! Woahhh!

I cant imagine 2 years stuck in the same contract! I find the 30 notice for simplicity just ok.. just! I mean if you do the maths, if you can afford it buy the phone on unlocked or a network you know that could be unlocked with pay as you go and just sim only that bad boy.

This is what I do, except I've taken out a longer contract (12 months) because it saves a lot of money vs 30-Day. £15/month for 600 mins, unlimited texts and 512MB web, plus I negotiated a Nokia 6330 for free this year as well to tide me over until I find a new Smartphone that I want.

It doesn't really save any money, but I find it easier to spend the lump sum on a handset than pay out £35-£40 every month. Plus the tie in is shorter, I can choose any handset I like and the buy-out cheaper (if I find the need to end the contract early).

Carphone warehouse insurance lets you cancel your contract within the first year of it if you decide to...so could just take out a policy with them...all you pay is the excess for a claim which is like £50...after that year a year is not a long time to wait.

You pay a bit more than that. To take your N900 contract as an example you'd need to pay insurance at £13.99/month plus an additional £2/month for the ACP protection. As it's a two year contract they won't cover a cancellation until month 15 and you'd incur a charge of £60 + £29.50.

The grand total bill for 15 months insurance + the ACP charges and the excess is £329.35. If you cancel directly then Vodafone would charge you £205.44 to cancel at month 15 (3/4 of the remaining line rental before VAT) and that's assuming you don't plan ahead by a few months and drop your tariff a couple of levels, which would make it even cheaper.

Wait....Carphone Warehouse insurance is £13.99?!?!?!?!

WTF.

I didn't realise phone insurance was so much. Is it all like that? Molly said yesterday it was about £10 per month, and I literally burst out laughing at her, and deemed her statement ridiculous.

There are always other options. My phone is insured with Lloyds TSB under my silver account, which includes European travel insurance, AA breakdown cover, sentinal card protection and phone insurance all for £7.99/mo. Obviously doesnt include ACP, I assume you have to get that from the person selling you the contract.

Edited by Shorty

I didn't realise phone insurance was so much. Is it all like that?

Most devices are. My mum was about to order a laptop from Dell for about £550 when I noticed that the default option for warranty was the 3-year one. So I toned it down to the basic one and the price of the laptop went down to around £350. For that £200 you'll likely be able to get an equivalent (or better) laptop after a year.

Love money have always said mobile phone insurance is a scam anyway. http://www.lovemoney.com/news/insurance/the-big-mobile-phone-insurance-scam-3274.aspx

Here's a comment someone made at the end of the article:

I just got the stand-alone mobile phone insurance from mobilephoneinsurance2u.co.uk (their link is listed above), at £2.49 a month, why would you pay £72 a month from O2 when you can get insured for less than £30?

Might be worth checking out.

Edited by Ten10

You pay a bit more than that. To take your N900 contract as an example you'd need to pay insurance at £13.99/month plus an additional £2/month for the ACP protection. As it's a two year contract they won't cover a cancellation until month 15 and you'd incur a charge of £60 + £29.50.

The grand total bill for 15 months insurance + the ACP charges and the excess is £329.35. If you cancel directly then Vodafone would charge you £205.44 to cancel at month 15 (3/4 of the remaining line rental before VAT) and that's assuming you don't plan ahead by a few months and drop your tariff a couple of levels, which would make it even cheaper.

I honestly didn't I got 6 months free insurance and then paid £11.99 for 6 months and then cancelled and only paid the £50 excess for the insurance, this was 2 years ago though, but meh we are spliting over hairs.

Wait....Carphone Warehouse insurance is £13.99?!?!?!?!

WTF.

I didn't realise phone insurance was so much. Is it all like that? Molly said yesterday it was about £10 per month, and I literally burst out laughing at her, and deemed her statement ridiculous.

It's £13.99 for top tier handsets. Blame the iPhone crowd, there's more insurance claims made on those handsets due to theft, loss or damage than all of the other mobiles on the market. It's pushed the cost of insurance up, especially on the most expensive handsets.

I honestly didn't I got 6 months free insurance and then paid £11.99 for 6 months and then cancelled and only paid the £50 excess for the insurance, this was 2 years ago though, but meh we are spliting over hairs.

I was assuming you meant now :hmm: