NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Well done Fulham. Nice to see that a proper club are going to stay up. Bye bye Birmingham and Reading.

Well done to Forest too, looking forward to playing them next season.

: peace:

Amazing turn around by Forest! They were a long way behind at one time and Calderwood had given up, so congrats to them. Doncaster and Carlisle both really blew it and are in bad form, so Leeds for the play-offs! Shame about Bournemouth at the other end, their 6 game winning streak came to an end at the worst possible time.

All to play for at the bottom of the Prem. Incredible how teams like Fulham turn it on when they need to. Couldn't they just play as they are now earlier in the season? And Man Utd almost there, just one more win.

He will grow, I think everyone is a little too quick to judge who is not really established enough yet to play for Man Utd. We know Fergie wanted to leave him on Portugal for another season but had to buy him b'cos of competition.

Yeh I totally agree, ofcourse fergie aint gonna get rid of nani. He was a nobhead today for getting sent off but sir alex's sentiments were completely right after the game - immaturity. hes a good player but he needs time to get to his potential and to stamp out stupid moments like we saw today.

So I went to the Villa V Wigan game. 'twas sad for two reasons:

1) Minute's silence for Villa fan who was killed last month.

2) Olof Mellberg's final home game for the Villa.

Oh, and we lost 2-0. :(

First time I've gone down the Villa and saw them lose. We never got off to a good start and Wigan were much better. But all credit to the buggers. They played their hearts out and managed to secure their Premier League status for another season.

I didn't leave in a bad mood, though. Hearing that Fulham beat Blues made everyone cheer. Plus we gave the team a well deserved applause during their lap of honour. (Like fuck would I leave before the end.)

But, it's the last time we'll see Olly Mellberg play at Villa Park. I'm gonna miss him. :cry:

Woooohoooooo!

WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!!

So long Birmingham!!!

Diouf signs off in style!

I'm pleased Forest went up too, I for one would like to see them in top flight football again.

The man utd game was awesome... so fast and fluid. Nani was a silly boy though!

WORLD Cup legend Zinedine Zidane is the sensational name in the frame to take over as boss of QPR.

Rangers owner Flavio Briatore has promised a major announcement before today's final match of the season at home to

West Brom - and informed whispers insist he'll name Zidane as Loftus Road boss.

The French superstar has no coaching experience but he has what Italian playboy Briatore covets most of all - 24- carat glamour. At a stroke his arrival would catapult Rangers into the big time.

oicfaveqz9.png

Dear lord. I'd love that if it was true, seeing Zidane at Oakwell next season would be amazing.

Well, glad we are safe (Sunderland). Just hope we make some decent signings for next year. We've been awful at times with only Jones and Chopra keeping us up. (Murphy is always hungry and that's shown through his good contributions too). Evans was as good as ever (be a shock if we keep him) and we made some good signings in Higginbotham and Reid. (Both good footballers.)

As long as we can get some decent midfielders and Richardson/Edwards come good we should have a solid season next term. We also NEED to get rid of a lot of players so I'm actually looking forward to seeing the transfer activity over the summer. Been a rocky ride but Keano has done us proud and kept us up which is a brilliant achievement and half of it has been done on spirit alone. (I just hope he can get spirit, grit and determination from top players) we will see.

That has bad news written all over it, but if it increases their attendance for a while why the heck not.

West Brom and Stoke are up, Leicester are down.

Stoke will probably be odds on for relegation already.

Hull,Bristol,Crystal Palace and Watford in playoffs then.

Not sure who will go up, would love to see Bristol in the Premiership :P

Hull V Crystal Palace will be the final. It has to be. I reckon Palace will be competing for bottom place in the Premier League with Stoke next season.

I think Palace will win the playoffs.

Shame about Leicester, first time in 120 years they are gonna be outside the top 2 divisions.

Rangers and Hibs drew 0-0 today meaning that Celtic are only 2 points behind. (or rather, 7 points ahead but with 3 less games left). Plus, Rangers play Motherwell twice, and I reckon the Well can do something against Rangers. Who says the season is over?

id love to see bristol city in the premiership too, I live about 10 minutes walk away from the stadium too.

Briatore really is mad, isn't he! The mind boggles at the thought of Zizou at Selhurst Park, especially if palace don't make it into the Premiership for next season.

As a United fan I can't believe I'm doing this but - Come on Keegan's Toon!

It's QPR and Loftus Road, not Crystal Palace and Selhurst Park.

What time is that match at and has this announcement been made yet?

Liverpool got a fairly comfortable 1-0 against Man City. Controlled the match and should have won by more than the one- Kuyt had some good opportunities. The new home kit looks ok and Insua was alright too, but didn't set the game alight.

The match was today. They have a new club crest, as far as I'm aware, that was the big announcement:

0,,10373~3653576,00.jpg

Lol, wonder where the Zidane idea came from. So it was a new crest and not even a new manager, a let down.

I think that people will be surprised at how relatively well Stoke do in the premiership... most people assume they will " do a Derby", but you've just got to look at Wigan who haven't done too badly at all to see that smaller teams can cut it in the prem. Stoke have got a strong team and the belief as well as a good chairman who isnt afraid to take risks . You shall see ( i hope...being a Stoke fan lol )

You could only beat us 1-0 last week, you're shit and going straight back down.

I think that people will be surprised at how relatively well Stoke do in the premiership... most people assume they will " do a Derby", but you've just got to look at Wigan who haven't done too badly at all to see that smaller teams can cut it in the prem. Stoke have got a strong team and the belief as well as a good chairman who isnt afraid to take risks . You shall see ( i hope...being a Stoke fan lol )

Nothing like faith lol.