NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

well, so much for hoping for the play-offs. got destroyed by an average coventry team 4-0. they are a bit of a bogey team cos that 12 goals conceded in the past 3 games with them. west brom at home next weekend, come on tykes! we can beat 'em!

giggs was horrible, he has been for past 3-4 games. point gained rather than lost. anderson and nani to start from now on, personally, didnt think giggs should have been kept this season. appreciate his service and all but its about the club and a dead duracell battery aint gonna power up anything once its finished.

need to reshape and get back on track, its hunting time.

Those bastard gooners just keep slumping, ever since bloody christmas, they've just hit rock bottom.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Adebayor!!! ADEBAYOOOOORRRR!!!

Give him the ball!

AND HE WILL SCOOOORREE!!!!

Birmingham City 1-1 Derby County. :laughing:

If you can't beat Derby at home you might as well just give up! :indeed:

Birmingham City 1-1 Derby County. :laughing:

If you can't beat Derby at home you might as well just give up! :indeed:

Reminds me of derby's only win of the season.... shit

Damn, disappointed we didn't get all 3 points yesterday...but...judging by the way we played, we were lucky to get the one.

We haven't played well in the last few games. Where's the sexy football? :(

bad luck villa. fulham were bound to win again at some point it's just that you guys were unlucky. derby will win again at some point too so lets hope that isn't villa too.

bad luck villa. fulham were bound to win again at some point it's just that you guys were unlucky. derby will win again at some point too so lets hope that isn't villa too.

..let's hope it's Everton :heh:

i'd love to see ashley young, gabby agbonlahor and david bentley play a part in the switzerland friendly.

gabby agbonlahor is no longer in it due to injury :(

i know, i posted that when the squad was originally announced.

oh well, lets hope it isn't too long of a lay-off for gabby. even though i'm not a villa fan, he's a player i find really exciting to watch so i'd love him to represent my country.

Agbonlahor is a major doubt for the Newcastle match on Saturday. :(

All the defenders have it in for Gabby; he was brought down hard against Blackburn, Carvalho went in two-footed in the Chelsea match, and Fulham was finally where he sustained an injury.

Bastards, the lot of them. :angry:

what? first win in 5 games or so?

Thats exactly why im happy:heh:

They finally get a win

Thats exactly why im happy:heh:

They finally get a win

Admittedly, I could be wrong, but I think it was the first league win in four games, not five. :wink:

RIP the Busby Babes.

I second that. Nowt really I can say other than what's been said many times before. They'll never be forgotten.

RIP the Busby Babes.

Indeed.

It sort of terrifies me about what would it be like had they not died.

Obviously, it would be different to how it is today. But how much of a difference? That's what scares me. :blank:

RIP to the busby babes.

two of them were from my home town and i didn't even know that until recently. imagine if the same thing happen today. horrible.

First half was alright. I guess it's just new players settling in. Pretty even match I think, Switzerland could have had a few as well as England.

I'm just glad to see Capello taking an active interest. At times he looked like he was about run on and give them a battering. The players just don't seem to have it in them at the moment. There's definitely work to be done. Excellent goal though.

Brown and Gerrard have been completely shit. Brown has given away loads of balls. Both of their passes have been terrible. Gerrard makes a simple pass to J.Cole that any league 1 player should be able to make and Motson bums him.

Jenas and J.Cole were asleep till about 35 minutes in but thankfully they have woken up.

I still think that there are better keepers but James has looked safe when called upon.

Bendtley has played great all game. We've finally got some movement and creativity on the right rather than shitty long/hopeful balls.

Barry hasn't been his best. A.Cole has played rubbish. Upson hasn't played well. Ferdinand has played ok.

And Rooney is getting frustated. He isn't a lone striker. He needs to work off of other strikers. And why the hell did he steal the ball off of Jenas? He should have carried on running and the defender would have followed him leaving a gap for Jenas.

Brown and Gerrard have been completely shit. Brown has given away loads of balls. Both of their passes have been terrible. Gerrard makes a simple pass to J.Cole that any league 1 player should be able to make and Motson bums him.

Jenas and J.Cole were asleep till about 35 minutes in but thankfully they have woken up.

I still think that there are better keepers but James has looked safe when called upon.

Bendtley has played great all game. We've finally got some movement and creativity on the right rather than shitty long/hopeful balls.

Barry hasn't been his best. A.Cole has played rubbish. Upson hasn't played well. Ferdinand has played ok.

And Rooney is getting frustated. He isn't a lone striker. He needs to work off of other strikers. And why the hell did he steal the ball off of Jenas? He should have carried on running and the defender would have followed him leaving a gap for Jenas.

Well look at it this way, at least you have an excellent manager to patch all this up, it is only his first game. Really getting depressed about Ireland's managerial state (lack of), and Terry Venables doesn't really appeal to me, though I suppose most would be better then Steve Staunton :indeed: .

Gerrard for man of the match is a load of shit. He played terrible. He did one good thing and Wright-phillips scored from it. Bendtley should definitely have got it.

I don't think the substitutions were very good. Jenas was playing well. Bendtley was playing excellently and he moves him into the centre. Bridge was a good change as A.Cole was creating nothing. Gerrard should have come off for a striker.

I'm not sure what's more annoying. Long hopeful balls or playing it back to the defence. They are two things that Capello needs to stamp out.

But by far the most irritating people of that match were Motson and Lawrenceson. They talk complete bullshit. Near the start of the game they said that Bendtley was wearing the Beckham shirt. Later Motson said something about Bendtley and Mark said "Yeah in Hollywood. Oh wait wrong person." Then when they said that there were 84000 people there Motson said, "I think a lot of people thought that Beckham would be getting his 100th cap."