NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Not happy with Liverpool tonight. Porto are playing well but we have played big teams before and won. We are just being sloppy tonight, passing is off, possesion isnt good enough and and as Pennant demonstrated, our tackling isnt very good either.

Point Away in Europe Always a good result

We did look abit off mind...

Still, Unbeaten how many pens are we conceding ffs

Liverpool got a decent draw, Chelsea on the other hand, best off not saying anything. lol

B...Bu...But Chelsea are a big club...

Fucking ***** Hope they go bust and get relegated to the Blue Square Premier, they will never win Europe

Shit Fans, Shit Ground, Shit Club Shit Everything

Made me feel better

B...Bu...But Chelsea are a big club...

Fucking ***** Hope they go bust and get relegated to the Blue Square Premier, they will never win Europe

Shit Fans, Shit Ground, Shit Club Shit Everything

Made me feel better

Made me laugh a whole lot. And Liverpool are meant to be huge, right? What with them having won the Premiership?

Oh, wait.. :indeed:

Yes were the biggest club in England you Ignorant Part Timer....

By the Premiership you mean the top division in England we won that 18 Times :)

Fuck This Shit I'm Off To Bed

COME ON LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck sake Wednesday are beyond shit. Not only that but my grandma and Uncle refuse to believe Dave Allen is killing the club.

Seriously I would actually love to be in Leeds position, LEEDS FFS!!!

Yes were the biggest club in England you Ignorant Part Timer....

Ant I can understand why you would say that but Liverpool are not. I've had to prove this to you before as well.

Yes we were the biggest club in England you Ignorant Part Timer....

Surely that is what you meant?

nice debate on talk sport about chelsea, apparently they had 17,000 empty seats and lead to a conclusion that either football is too expensive or chelsea dont actually have enough die hard fans that attend no matter what.

you never see that many empty seats with arsenal, utd and liverpool along with teams like charlton and west ham

what do you think? chelsea can never be a worldwide brand no matter how much they spend? they cant even get enough fans in england.

nice debate on talk sport about chelsea, apparently they had 17,000 empty seats and lead to a conclusion that either football is too expensive or chelsea dont actually have enough die hard fans that attend no matter what.

you never see that many empty seats with arsenal, utd and liverpool along with teams like charlton and west ham

what do you think? chelsea can never be a worldwide brand no matter how much they spend? they cant even get enough fans in england.

Does it matter really matter if they don't have as many fans as someone else?

Does that mean they are not allowed to be successful based purely on the number of fans?

Did you just say brand?! Fuck sake, we're not Americans, our clubs aren't franchises. This kind of talk ruins the sport.

Does that mean they are not allowed to be successful based purely on the number of fans?

well if your a "Big" club and you cant get your stadium filled then thats a problem (im finding it difficult to get tickets to old trafford CL game in 2 weeks time due to high demand. clearly its an indicator of either a problem with the club or its fans.

regarding the word "Brand", replace with "internationally successfull club known worldwide"

well if your a "Big" club and you cant get your stadium filled then thats a problem (im finding it difficult to get tickets to old trafford CL game in 2 weeks time due to high demand. clearly its an indicator of either a problem with the club or its fans.

regarding the word "Brand", replace with "internationally successfull club known worldwide"

I don't see a correlation, a club wins fans if it wins championships. If Chelsea continues to win it won't take more than 10 years to see it happen.

Made me laugh a whole lot. And Liverpool are meant to be huge, right? What with them having won the Premiership?

Oh, wait.. :indeed:

1. We're bigger than Chelsea

2. We've won the league more times than Chelsea

I'm looking forward to seeing how you argue with this.

Regards,

Fields

Tbh I'm not surprised that Chelsea couldn't even fill up Stamford Bridge last night. Throughout the whole of last season, I always heard adverts on the radio about how tickets for Chelsea games were now on general sale...

Being an Arsenal supporter, it is pretty damn hard to get tickets. Tickets hardly ever go on general sale and this season I finally bought myself a Red Membership so I can watch some games throughout the season.

....and because of that, I am going to the Arsenal Vs Seville game tonight! Can't wait. Should be a very good game of football..

Allez l'OM. needed that 2-0 win. league form has been a joke so great CL win.

Shino, I am gonna be in lisbon next week with work. Is there a club shop in the city centre or just one at the stadium??

....and because of that, I am going to the Arsenal Vs Seville game tonight! Can't wait. Should be a very good game of football..

Have a good one. :) I'm sitting this one out. Though I hope to get Bolton tickets tomorrow.

Allez l'OM. needed that 2-0 win. league form has been a joke so great CL win.

Shino, I am gonna be in lisbon next week with work. Is there a club shop in the city centre or just one at the stadium??

There's an entire mall at the stadium with really large club shop, but you can find shirts and stuff like that at a general sport shop.

Yes It Does, A Good Example of this was the Community Shield last year at Cardiff, Merseyside (Even I Admit It) is run down and apparently home to the poor. Yet we could of probably sold out our End Twice Over

Chelsea coming from London home of teh gold and Queen etc Just about got Half of their capacity. Their was no difference in ticket prices they literally just could not sell out.

Now I know we have alot of fans outside Liverpool but it outlines the point that Chelsea are indeed a small club, They might have a few so called 'fans' cropping up here or their. But they aren't even the biggest club in the capital never mind England, based on support and success.

Look at United and Liverpool Success established over a long period of time...

We didn't become succesful overnight It's arguable that Liverpool have always been recognised as a big club since the first few years of their set up, it wasn't until Bill Shankly came along...And Well the rest is history.

United is a weird one they where a big club during the George Best and Busby Babes era, then they kind of went away and after 26 Years of a League Less Trophy Cabinet they managed to get it.

They were similar to Liverpool now always wanting the league, yet always getting the odd cup here or their only difference being we were getting to European Finals on a regular basis.

Bottom Line is....Chelsea are a small club gone 'big' too fast...

There's an entire mall at the stadium with really large club shop, but you can find shirts and stuff like that at a general sport shop.

Thanks, I will probably go to the stadium anyway as I want to get name and mumber on the back.

Thanks, I will probably go to the stadium anyway as I want to get name and mumber on the back.

Nice! Who's name are you thinking?

Nice! Who's name are you thinking?

The Captain, number 28, Joao Moutinho. He is real quality!!

Bottom Line is....Chelsea are a small club gone 'big' too fast...

I'm a Chelsea fan and half agree with this, only half because I would say that we're WERE a small club that went big too fast! Not ARE a small club, not anymore!

However, you've also got to take into consideration the number of teams there are in London! It's reasonable that we don't have the fanbase of teams with history and that don't have too many other teams in the same city!

Chelsea have enough of a fan base. Matter of fact is most of them are glory hunting ***** who don't go to games. The amount of people I see wearing a Chelsea shirt now, compared to say 2000, has increased heavily.

Most of their fans just don't go to games, because the Sky generation is or has taken over. Luckily for me, my household has never had Sky or Cable. Has really made me appreciate going to matches.