NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

I enjoyed going on about the Chelsea win for 2 weeks, sad to see it all end. Oh, well.

3 Points from Manchester, pretty feckin' please...

I'm pretty happy with Pompey's start so far...considering we have played the top 4 already and only got turned over by Arsenal (and even then if hadn't conceded a sloppy third we were in there with a chance), had the chances to atleast draw with Chelsea and could have beaten Man Utd even and did have the chances to beat Liverpool (whether we deserved to is another matter in that case). So I'm reasonably happy with 2 pts from those games.

Jesus Mary Joseph.........

ourselves and United, Chelsea even can pin point where it has gone "wrong" for them this season, but let this be known this is going to be the closest season yet in the PL I'd be suprised if the Champions Got Anymore than 80 Points.....Pompey, Blackburn, Man City, Dare I say Everton? Are going to be pushing the said Top 4 and points are going to be taken on a regular basis.

probably the only thing we can agree on :)

id say newcastle and villa should be on that list as well along with reading(purely due to Mr. coppells tactical ability and management despite a bad start).

i also have a feeling the top teams will avarage them selfs out in points ie. everyone will be getting points of the other between liverpool, united, chelsea and possibly arsenal to an extent.

i still have my doubts (arsenal) with regards to their ability to challange for both fronts (europe and EPL) purely due to lack of experiance but they have an advantage in that they have blended well together of past 3 years.

i still have my doubts (arsenal) with regards to their ability to challange for both fronts (europe and EPL) purely due to lack of experiance but they have an advantage in that they have blended well together of past 3 years.

How many season do some players need to be classed as experienced? Lehmann, Almunia, Toure, Gallas, Gilberto, Cesc (yes it's his fourth season), Rosicky, Hleb, Van Persie, Eduardo. Are all experienced, either with us or previous clubs, some of those players reached the final of the champions league and some where in the Invincibles team of '04.. Some of our players have been here 3 to 4 years, others a bit longer, inexperience isn't an excuse any more.

While on the subject, last time Arsenal started the season with 4 wins and a draw we went on to be unbeaten. Nice little stat for you.

You would be a fool to think Reading can push for Europe this season. They have not added to their squad at all and defensively look near Derby in the weak stakes... Coppell is a good coach, but in this league you will be punished if you dont replace members who lose your team or add in departments that are needed. To me, I would be very suprised if Reading didnt get relegated - time will tell though

i wasnt talking about making it to europe, but they will be the team that points get dropped against, much like pompy at fratton park. the same goes to newcastle and villa but those 2 actually will push for europe.

regarding arsenal, all are still relatively young with the exception of a few. almunia- not enough fist team football

cesc- class act, nothing to prove but how will he deal with the big boys (milan, barca ect.)

rosicky- not enough CL experiance (you got him from dourtmond didnt you?)

Eduardo- first season in prem is always hard for a player.

flamini- not enough experiance

clishy (sp?)- not enough experiance

diabi/ednilson- not enough exeriance

nothing against the rest like toure, gilberto, van persi, hleb, lehman.

i wasnt talking about making it to europe, but they will be the team that points get dropped against, much like pompy at fratton park. the same goes to newcastle and villa but those 2 actually will push for europe.

regarding arsenal, all are still relatively young with the exception of a few. almunia- not enough fist team football

cesc- class act, nothing to prove but how will he deal with the big boys (milan, barca ect.)

nothing against the rest like toure, gilberto, van persi, hleb, lehman.

Rosicky played in the Champions League with Sparta Prague.

And Cesc can deal with the big boys easily, he outclassed Vieira when we played against Juve the other year, aswell as dominating against Real Madrid. He's a full international now, he's a tough enough lad to handle it.

Andy Gray is being extremely nice about Arsenal this season, last season all he would do is arselick Chelsea and Liverpool. Just said that Adebayor's second goal is his goal of the season so far.

The thing with Arsenal they aren't made up of Primadonnas(sp?), their is not one player that stands out because of their qualites with the Exception of Cesc, but even he isn't what would be considered as a top rate player, as of yet of course.

But this will work well in Arsenals Favor If I were Arsenal I'd be focussing on the Champions League would be a kick in the bollocks to Terry Henry

Rosicky played in the Champions League with Sparta Prague.

And Cesc can deal with the big boys easily, he outclassed Vieira when we played against Juve the other year, aswell as dominating against Real Madrid. He's a full international now, he's a tough enough lad to handle it.

Andy Gray is being extremely nice about Arsenal this season, last season all he would do is arselick Chelsea and Liverpool. Just said that Adebayor's second goal is his goal of the season so far.

Andy Gray has nothing to say about Liverpool if it is anything good it's because it's something good for English Football, Or something along them lines...

Andy Gray has nothing to say about Liverpool if it is anything good it's because it's something good for English Football, Or something along them lines...

Oh yeah, it's Jamie Redknapp who arselicks Liverpool and Chelsea, and is always on about "My cousin Frank". Pisses me off lots.

Oh yeah, it's Jamie Redknapp who arselicks Liverpool and Chelsea, and is always on about "My cousin Frank". Pisses me off lots.

Lol funny but true.

Ade's 2nd goal is def my goal of the season so far....

What do you expect him to do?

He Spent 11 Years of his life from the age of 16 with Liverpool and Frank Lampard is his cousin...Blood and All That, even if his cousin is a fat **** of a cousin

Bah Each to Their Own...Paul Merson is a **** Especially when asked "Could Liverpool Beat Barca at the Nou Camp" Merson Laughed Redknapp put him in his place and we beat them....!

What do you expect him to do?

He Spent 11 Years of his life from the age of 16 with Liverpool and Frank Lampard is his cousin...Blood and All That, even if his cousin is a fat **** of a cousin

Bah Each to Their Own...Paul Merson is a **** Especially when asked "Could Liverpool Beat Barca at the Nou Camp" Merson Laughed Redknapp put him in his place and we beat them....!

Paul Merson is an idiot, I agree.

I think that calls for a new Topic of Discussion, List your 3 Best Pundits and 3 worst(Commentators, Co-Commentators or just general retired loons who know the way but don't know how to drive the car)

Best

1: Martin Tyler (Has a Voice Better than Sex)

2: Gary Macca

3: Trevor Francis

Worst

1: Ruud Gullit

2: Paul Merson

3: Vialli

Best:

JEFF STELLING=LEGEND

John Motson

Charlie Nicholas

Ian Wright

Alan Shearer

Worst:

Jamie Redknapp

Alan Hansen

Paul Merson

Kenny Sansom

Sorry it isn't 3 of each, I couldn't narrow it down.

Best:

1. Martin Tyler

2. Andy Gray

3. Ian Wright

Worst:

1. David Pleat

2. Trevor Francis

3. John Motson

almunia- not enough fist team football

Of course Diaby and Denilson are inexperienced, hence why I never mentioned them.

Almunia,Of course not got enough first team experience, he's our sub goalie.. But I was basing this off experience.

Clichy has been at Arsenal for four years now, he's been a first team player for about two, last year was the first season where he stayed free from major injury.

Flamini has been at the club 3 years, played a huge role in the 04/05 season when we got to the Champions League Final. More than capable squad player, he's not a superstar, he's not amazing, but he's a workhorse.

Rosicky - Played for Sparta Prague (like already mentioned), is captain of the Czech Republic team and has played in the World Cup. To say the man is inexperienced is factually wrong.

Fabregas - The guy has played when we've beaten Real Madrid, Juventus, Villareal (lol?), Liverpool, Man Utd. Albeit Barcelona beat us, and last season we were diabolical in the Champions League to say the least. To doubt him is just stupid.

Eduardo - Have you seen the mans scoring record in Croatia, and for the national side? He does need to settle, I'll give you the fact he needs Premier League experience, but he has plenty of footballing experience, and knows how to score goals.

Best pundits/commentators:

1. Alan Hansen

2. Gary Mac

3. Phil Thompson

Worst:

1. Clive 'that wonderful night in Barcelona' Tyldesley

2. John 'Rooooooooooneeeeeeeeeey!!!!!' Motson

3. Paul Merson

Gareth Bale

uhoney.jpg

The Honey Monster

gareth-bale-2.jpg

X FUCKING D!!!

Best look-a-likey since Sergio Ramos and Chesney Hawks.

Too keep the old man happy I've agreed to go to Norwich vs Sheffield Wednesday. Should be a good game, the farmers in Norwich tend to be a good crowd.

Too keep the old man happy I've agreed to go to Norwich vs Sheffield Wednesday. Should be a good game, the farmers in Norwich tend to be a good crowd.

Prepare to witness shit like you've never seen it before.

Prepare to witness shit like you've never seen it before.

Didn't know Tottenham were playing ;).

Believe it or not Norwich had you boys down as category A.. can't see why though. :P

Best:

JEFF STELLING=LEGEND

John Motson

Charlie Nicholas

Ian Wright

Alan Shearer

Worst:

Jamie Redknapp

Alan Hansen

Paul Merson

Kenny Sansom

Sorry it isn't 3 of each, I couldn't narrow it down.

Best pundits/commentators:

1. Alan Hansen

2. Gary Mac

3. Phil Thompson

Worst:

1. Clive 'that wonderful night in Barcelona' Tyldesley

2. John 'Rooooooooooneeeeeeeeeey!!!!!' Motson

3. Paul Merson

I really can't stand Alan Hansen. He thinks he's knows absolutely everything about football but really doesn't.

I saw a guy at Alton Towers yesterday who looked exactly the same as Wayne Rooney from a distance. According to one of the girls I was with at the time he was "almost as ugly too".