NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Scotland.... Wow, just wow. I was at a pub and it seriously exploded when the goal went in. Beer went flying everywhere, smashed glasses, hugging complete strangers. Ukraine equalising with Italy got a massive cheer too.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Top of the group!!!

Paul Hartley was absolutely immense last night, don't actually know who got MotM in the end though.

Best point of the evening (other than the goal) was Fletcher going off injured, he was poor on Saturday and poor again last night. His final ball and all his set pieces (why does he even taken them?) were terrible.

What a goal it was. McFadden from 35+ yards. Screamer.

Really, really is fantastic, but I'm still got doubts in the back of my mind. From past experiance this is usually the point where they do something extremely stupid and cock it all up. I was pissed off that absolutely nowhere in Birmingham was showing the game though. :shakehead

Do you shout 'who are yer?' at them and chant 'easy, easy, easy!'?

I shout what ever I feel like shouting at them. Better than shouting at a tv.

Are you unable to sing your heart out and raise your arms at the same time?

No, I could do both. I'd choose not to, because I don't like to see it at football matches. Thank god it doesn't happen in league games at The Emirates.

Really, really is fantastic, but I'm still got doubts in the back of my mind. From past experiance this is usually the point where they do something extremely stupid and cock it all up. I was pissed off that absolutely nowhere in Birmingham was showing the game though. :shakehead

Haha, yeah. I was saying to my mate when we were walking back up the road that we'll probably cock it up and lose to Georgia. Then when I got on MSN another friend said exactly the same thing. :heh:

I'm going to try and get tickets to the Ukraine and Italy games. I think we should be able to beat Ukraine at home (we beat France away, we can beat anyone :heh: ) but Georgia away will be a tough 'un. If we can pick up 6 points from those 2 we should be through without worrying about the Italy game..

I was right by the band also. The best place to sit to get the best atmosphere although the whole ground was rocking last night even the top tier with snow on their heads were singing along. God damn we could have been sitting right near each other and never knew.

Me and Retro were in block 118, row 42.

As promised some pictures of my Wembley outings...

Wembley at night

Wembley2.gif

Wembley3.gif

England flag being walked around the pitch (Germany)

Wembley5.gif

German flag during their national anthem

Wembley4.gif

The same for England

Wembley.gif

Just before the national anthems (Russia)

Wembley8.gif

Russia flag during their anthem

Wembley6.gif

The roof panel that some guy knocked down by banging on it too hard (Russia)

Wembley7.gif

Some shitty panoramic view of the stadium I've tried to put together

WembleyPanoramic.gif

Also got a couple of videos, the first is of some football free stylers that were on at half time during the Israel game, the second is Owen's first goal against Russia (the quality is a bit shit but you can still just about make it out)!

Free stylin'

Owen

Do you shout 'who are yer?' at them and chant 'easy, easy, easy!'?

*Shivers*

God thats irritating...

*Shivers*

God thats irritating...

Much better to tell the players how much their mothers enjoy the scouse cock innit.

Much better to tell the players how much their mothers enjoy the scouse cock innit.

But that was funny and original though, I bet even JT himself had a giggle after the game.

top of te table!!! 11 points!!!!

we are going to win the league!!!!one!!1!!

GGMU, come on united

/end sarcasm

Argh, why aren't we winning? We should have scored loads, but the ball will not go in. Why on earth hasn't Eduardo been brought on yet?

YEEES! 1-1! ADEEEEEBAYYYOOOOORR!!!!!!

Surely the next game at Birmingham would be the ideal opportunity for rest?

I, for one, don't want to see Rafa field a weak team against Blues! I want to see another 7-0 mauling!

Argh, why aren't we winning? We should have scored loads, but the ball will not go in. Why on earth hasn't Eduardo been brought on yet?

YEEES! 1-1! ADEEEEEBAYYYOOOOORR!!!!!!

mr paul, we haven't even got Eduardo on the bench!!! But from listening to this, the play is definately in our favour.

(Why did Wenger start with Diaby and start with Rosicky on the bench?!?)

2-1!!!!!!!!!!

CESC FABREGAS!!!!!!!!!!

GO ON YOU GOONERS!

mr paul, we haven't even got Eduardo on the bench!!! But from listening to this, the play is definately in our favour.

(Why did Wenger start with Diaby and start with Rosicky on the bench?!?)

I didnt realise he wasn't on the bench!

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS. 2-1 TO THE ARSENAL!

CESC FABREGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be top of the premiership!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a feeling either Hleb or Rosicky will get a last minute goal. Well I hope so. Someone take out Jenas before he does what he did last season.

Oh dear, I might have to stay away from this thread for a while. The gooners are going to be unbearable. Don't get carried away lads, it's early days yet.

I couldn't have said it better myself Ironflame, fantastic Adebayor!!!!!!

Although, as a manager, I hope Spurs keep him!!!

Typical Arsenal, leaving it late again :heh:

Top of the table now! (First time in two years I believe, although it's early days ;)!)

Oh dear, I might have to stay away from this thread for a while. The gooners are going to be unbearable. Don't get carried away lads, it's early days yet.

Didn't we have to say the same when Liverpool went top a couple of weeks ago and you and Ant got a bit carried away?

Yay, 3-1, we did get the last minute goal like I predicted, but from Adebayor.

Why on earth wasn't this on Sky or Sultana? I hope it's Game of the Day on Sky. Sounds like there were some cracking goals.

Didn't we have to say the same when Liverpool went top a couple of weeks ago and you and Ant got a bit carried away?

I'm glad the irony wasn't lost on you.

Yay, 3-1, we did get the last minute goal like I predicted, but from Adebayor.

Why on earth wasn't this on Sky or Sultana? I hope it's Game of the Day on Sky. Sounds like there were some cracking goals.

Yeah, this has to be game of the day on Sky, besides, the fact it's the North London derby and it wasn't televised is bad in itself, but it sounded like a cracker so I got my fingers crossed on this being the game of the day!

I'm glad the irony wasn't lost on you.

Well at least we haven't started bragging that we're going to win the league and how much better our team is than everyone else. I'm just pleased that we've made a great start and are back at the top of the table for first time in a while. Why shouldn't we be happy that we've beaten our local rivals?