NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Well done Villa 3-0 againts Inter, fantastic!

Aye, it was a cracking match. A lot of attacking play from both teams, and it was good to see Martin Laursen score, not only because he's spent so long out injured but also he played for AC Milan before joining Villa.

Reo-Coker played fantastically, Harewood came on as a sub and played pretty well, and Stuart Taylor did a great job in goal.

This was the first match I went to with a big club as opposition, and to see Figo, Adriano, Ibrahimovic and Chivu play was a nice experience.

Have a good one mate. :smile:

And I did. :grin:

There is no denying, goal wise United were better, but I'd still think our passing and build up were better. United won the title because they were able to dig out results, a title winning team is one that can still win when playing rubbish, last season when we were rubbish we lost or drew.

As for this season we just won our second pre-season tournament, beating Ajax 1-0 to win the Amsterdam Tournament. Eduardo looked like he had a bit of fighting spirit, and Van Persie is looking sharp. Looking forward to sunday now.

QFT Their win at Anfield sticks in the mind , Arsenal play really good Football and I enjoy watching them I never missed an Arsenal game during their unbeaten run, the Leeds game at home sticks in mind during the 03/04 season. I mean I do agree with Hobz in one sense Arsenal now do try and pass the ball into the net abit too much.

However their build up play is among thebest in Europe, they are patient yet Clincal....They just perform well enough last season in certain games.

What the fuck is with Sky putting the score at the bottom left of the screen? It looks shite :nono:

So is this still going? Last I heard it was 1 all and Giggs had an attempt saved.

I couldnt get it on the satellite where I was working and I couldnt be bothered turning on the tv at home and flicking it on to Sky Sports.

Hmm five live on my PC nice. (Why is Mark Lawrenson bloody commentating >: ( )

Alan Smith may convert me to thinking he's a good buy after all, cracking man of the match performance against Sampdoria, great headed goal and a goal wrongly disallowed for offside.

Didn't look great upfront with Viduka first half, but dropped back and played deep later on and looked much better.

A penalty shoot-out. Can't stand these.

Edit: Fucking hell, Van Der Sar is a god with penalties.

Just reset the box in time to see Rooney score and Van der sar to save.

Damnit I hope there's a replay.

Van der sar is really dutch :heh: His accent is awesome.

Aw well, so that's out of the way then.

Just can't wait for the new season to start.

Just reset the box in time to see Rooney score and Van der sar to save.

Damnit I hope there's a replay.

Van der sar is really dutch :heh: His accent is awesome.

Highlights are on BBC1 this evening at some point. Pretty good match really a million times better then the FA Cup final.

Awesome. We (Celtic) didn't win the opening game of the season. That mean's we are gonna win the league this year, if past is anything to go by. Last 5? years either Rangers or Celtic has lost or drawn a season opener, everytime that was the team who won the title.

Great game produced by both Man Utd and Chelsea. Shame it came to penalties (again!) but that's how football can be!

Here's to the start of the new season - woop!

Was a good charity shield match, i had the chance to go a while ago but chose not to. Wish i did now.

:wink: When was the last time the Charity Sheild winner's went onto win the League?

When was the last time Liverpool won the league..?

That wasn't my question...:indeed:

My little hidden message was it's been a long time since Charity Sheild Winners went onto Win the league, heres hoping thats another Omen in Liverpool's favor...

My little hidden message was it's been a long time since Charity Sheild Winners went onto Win the league, heres hoping thats another Omen in Liverpool's favor...

Except Chelsea won the Charity Shield in 2005 and won the league in the 2005/2006 season

Except Chelsea won the Charity Shield in 2005 and won the league in the 2005/2006 season

:laughing:

Forgive me I thought it was United that won it that year:heh:

Whoooo got tickets for the Sunderland game :)

Lol, is this your first game? :wink:

Is this the Chelsea fan who only follows them when they're winning? :laughing:

Liverpool 1-0 down by the way :(

Yeah and its a bit of a boring game to watch. Liverpool are playing very slow, plodding, methodical football. They need to speed things up second half.

Shame Kuyts goal wasnt given but of course if the linesman couldnt see it was over the line there isnt anything you can do at the moment.

Wtf! Was Riise doing..10 Yards away from the other defenders....

Bah....Voronin looks good once again...