NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
markcullinane

N-E Community Feature: Your Top Resident Evil 4 Moments

When you first encounter a chainsaw zombie thing, firstly, the ripping chainsaw sound was kind of horrifying, but the best/worst/most memorable moment about it was that I was like 'oh crap, gotta kill these zombies before they kill me'. Of course, I wasn't too worried as I had full health, so it'd be a while before that happened...or would it?! Brilliant(tho not at the time) moment where the chainsaw guy just lopped my head right off my shoulders! Totally unexpected it!

theres a nifty scene outside the village where a supply truck full of zombies comes barrelling down a narrow path towards Leon, who has just a few seconds to pick off the driver with the sniper rifle. Very tense and rewarding scene!

Don't know if anyone posted, but when you were near the holding cells in the prision and there was a bag with a body of someone or something squirming inside... creepy.

OVEN MAN!

That guy scared me so bad! :shakehead

Another skary part was, when me and a friend were patrolling the garden type place (With the dogs), and we couldn't find any dogs but we kept hearing this low growl, everywhere. So all of a sudden I turned around... but nothing was there. So I turned back around and right when I see the dog, he jumps on me and starts slashing my face apart! Scared me and him so bad he said i jumped like 4"!

But my favorite part was in this dark hallway with a Regenerator. It's right after you go crazy on Ada I think. Anyway it's in an enclosed prison looking place, long dark hallway with prison cells on each side. It's real dark and there's a moving body bag in the garbage can. Right when you enter you can hear the Regenerator breathing real deap and stuff. Well I had no clue where he was at, and the TV I was playing on was real dark so it was close to impossible to see. So I thought "Hey let's throw flash banger!" Well worst mistake ever. I hear the Regenerator do that god awful scream and the eerie music start to play. I remember my neck getting all shivery, so I checked my inventory for my Thermal Vision Scope... And it appeared that I had sold it. At that moment I was getting a scared. There was a save point on the table next to me, but big whoop I still would had to get pass this guy somehow. So I took out my regular sniper and started just taking shots at him. Took out his legs, and then I sprinted up to him and whipped out the Shotgun and blasted him a couple times. Once he started recovering limbs a little I sprinted towards the end of the hallway to the door. Only to find the stairs were smashed and you to find a climbing place. I hear the Regenerators breathing and I turn around to see him coming at me. I quickly searched for the climbing place. I finally found it and climbed to safety. I even sat there and shot the Regenerator with the Pistol a bit before exiting through the door.

Resident Evil 4 was easily one of my favorite games for the Cube.

Hmmm.. I think the start where you enter the village the first time and have to fight the villagers of.. boy what chaos.. you barely knew the controls and here you were trapped inside a house with hostile villagers swarming all over it

And ofcourse the later stage where you have to defend the house with Louis (was that his name?) one of the most frantic game moments i have encountered

There are a lot of incredible moments stringed together here to make a consistently brilliant game. However picking one moment, i'd have to go for the face-off with Salazar's henchman. Capcom, instead of going for a traditional boss (a huge pain with an achilles heal), they make this one just a huge pain. This thing was impossible to kill, and you're best bet was running away for a few minutes, and then hoping you could make it to the lift. I don't think I have ever been more scared before than I was trying to evade that thing. Great fun.

theres a nifty scene outside the village where a supply truck full of zombies comes barrelling down a narrow path towards Leon, who has just a few seconds to pick off the driver with the sniper rifle. Very tense and rewarding scene!

pah! the hand gun did the job just fine, but another great bit is the first time you see the child boss (the guy who looks like napolean) and then you fight him, that was awesome

Mike the helicopter pilot. You never see his face but within seconds he became my favourite character of the whole game, popping in from nowhere and within seconds thrashing Leons already impressive body count. Mike!!! I will avenge you!

Two words.

OVEN MAN!

Oh god, that guy scared the shit out of me, I even dropped the controller :laughing:. How could I have forgotton?

Don't know if anyone posted, but when you were near the holding cells in the prision and there was a bag with a body of someone or something squirming inside... creepy.

Ah yeah, that was an odd part. People on most forums have concluded it was probably a child, as they couldn't show children's deaths or something.

Makes you feel pretty bad after you've shot it :P

Arriving at the village and being asked to press A to use my binoculars... looking around the village and then seeing the policeman hung up above the fire on that hook!

...hadn't watched the vid before I played it! Awesome moment, knew I was in for something rough from there out!

Added to the two moments ive already said of -

that part where you're in the cart along the train track thingy and all the zombies just jump in with you. That was insane, like the crazy cart moment in indiana jones 2 but with zombies trying to eat you... Trying to get them before my gun ran out of ammo, was classy

and

The part of the game where leon and the other guy get stuck in the barnhouse with zombies approaching from all sides and breaking down the windows. Such a great intertextual reference and homage to zombie classic's like George A. Romeros - Night Of The Living Dead. I appreciated them adding that scene to the game

They're not zombies...

The first time encountering the chainsaw guy, he ran up to me and chopped my head clean off, and I screamed "HOLY **** WHAT THE ****" three times, and I never do that. The game's just so amazing.

Oh the graphics in the castle were just unbelievable:). Also the epic ending makes it all worthwhile:)

Looking up Ashleys skirt. Classic.

I thought you where gay? :wtf:

For me, it's got to be when Mike, the gunship pilot, gets killed. I found it so sad, even though he's a character you never see. :weep:

It made me get annoyed enough to want to take down Saddler though...

The Krauser knife fight is also damn amazing, it's such a brilliant way to have a boss fight in a game!

My Resident Evil 4 moment:

Is having not played it! and realised I'd missed out on a great game. I was out of games for about a year and this came out and I didn't even know how uber cool and superb the series had evolved from it's tanks like controls of the original games.

I'm still yet to get it as I have been playing catch up all this time and it can be expensive to acquire this new re-release will be a day one must buy!

I was backed into a corner, a Regenerator slowly closing in with an asthmatic shuffle. I had a few shotgun shells left but not enough to put it down permanently; it was time to improvise. I took aim and bided my time. Several rasping seconds scraped by as it — for the thing can only be described as such — lurched into range. Rasp. Shuffle. Rasp. Shuffle. Rasp. Bang! The shotgun blast took the creature's leg clean off, and as it hit the floor I ran past it to freedom!

Or that was the plan. Before I'd moved so much as a foot the Regenerator flipped up from the floor and fastened itself around my neck like some perverse, razor-toothed salmon. I was so shocked I didn't even react, and soon that familiar pool of crimson was spilling across the screen. "You Are Dead," the game helpfully informed me. I was also a little wiser.

There are various scenes not sure if I could pick just one....Strangely enough the only thing that ever made me jump in the game was those snakes when you cut open a box....don't know why.. One of the best moments was seeing the 'You are Dead' screen for the first time, something about it made me laugh. For my favourite moment I think I'll have to go with the first boss, the monster in the lake (I forget its name) It set the tone so well for the rest of the game and I remember being very surprised on being told to cut the rest of the rope off in a cut scene.

I would have to go with the bit you get caught in the cage with the claw wielding maniac and the alternative klu klux klan shooting crossbows at you.

What skill it takes to get out of there half alive.

I would have to go with the bit you get caught in the cage with the claw wielding maniac and the alternative klu klux klan shooting crossbows at you.

What skill it takes to get out of there half alive.

Loads of people seem to make a fuss about that part of the game, but it's really not that hard at all; just instantly grenade the door open, get out and it's easy going from there!

Sign in to follow this