NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
markcullinane

N-E Community Feature: Your Top Resident Evil 4 Moments

With the Wii-upgraded port of GameCube classic Resident Evil 4 just weeks away, we're planning on running a feature shortly revisiting the game. And that's where you come in.

We want you to pick your top Resident Evil 4 moment. We know there's tons of them to choose from- from the opening cutscene to the end credits there's a heck of a lot of excellent scenes, bosses and set-pieces that took our breaths away. Pick one- and explain why. We'll be collating the best of your responses into a special feature shortly, so get posting.

137.jpg

FIRST TIME I LOOKED UP AT ASHLEY'S PANTIES.

I HAD A HUGE BASH AFTER.

It's hard to pick just one moment, this game is filled to the brim with memorable and awesome moments. This game is like a rollercoaster ride you don't want to end. But I guess I'll have to pick one, so here it goes...

The hedge maze with the canine monsters... God I hate those dogs, they scared the crap out of me. You're running through the hedges, you lost your way, and suddenly you can hear one of them running straight after you. You pull out your shotgun, but you're late, it's whipping you with its freaky Plagas tentacles. You shoot it a few times with your shotgun and it finally dies. After a few more encounters with these hungry freaks, you finally find the emblem piece and you return, only to be surprised by four of these monsters jumping out in front of you. You pull out your TMP, RATATATATATATATATATA, hoping you'll kill 'em all. But one survives and leaps at you, but thanks to responding to the on-screen command in time you can kill it by kicking it in the face.

But I love them, really.

The secret scene where if you shoot the water in the lake the del lagos will instantly jump out and swallow you, I pooed myself.

The secret scene where if you shoot the water in the lake the del lagos will instantly jump out and swallow you, I pooed myself.

Heh what! I played through a few times and never knew that :(

My favourite is the main bit that I remember, at the start, when you've first started. The fact that everything is new to you, and you're surrounded by an endless supply of villages, and you're hiding in the house and they're all trying to get in.

OH NOES!

The first time the chainsaw man comes in the village. I got so scared that i hid up on the roof.

I looked from the roof down at the village below scanning to see where he was, i couldn't see him and was suddenly aware of this buzzing noise behind me.

i turned round and found the chainsaw man up on the roof right behind me. i was so shocked i had no time to react and got killed.

That was an awesome moment. :D

The first time you meet Chainsaw Dude,and get your head cut off! Best thing in a game ever in my opinion. Also when you are in the cabin with the spanish guy, just trying to stay alive for as long as possible! Very 'Night of the Living Dead' that. I also enjoyed the mine cart level very much. It was intense!

Oh, and the first time you spy on Ashley's knickers with your sniper, and get called a Pervet! Priceless!

My favourite moments were when you met the Bella sisters. You had the choice of taking one of two paths, it was either that or the El Gigante. The first time I met them it scared the crap out of me as they both had chainsaws and if they got too close you could say goodbye to your head.

Another great part was when you meet Luis Sera in that abandoned house with Ashley and he says this classic line "I see the president has equipped his daughter with ballistics too!

man, so many, possibly with the crazy blind man with like huge claws for arms trying to attack you! first time i played that i threw everything i had at him and he wouldn't die, then i stood in front of him and threw a flash grenade on the floor then realised he was blind (thus unaffected) and well my head started rolling on the floor. Also the part where your going into the lake and theres lots of those trip mines everywhere, the spanard runs at me and explodes just before he grabs me.

Oh and of course making sure the chainsaw dude is really dead (when you know he isn't)

The fight with krauser (not the knife fight, the whole thing) was brilliant, especially the part where you were at the top of the castle/building thing.

Krauser saying the line 'Prepare for your death Leon' after just morphing into some creep still makes my spine tingle.

The cutscene at the beginning of the game where Leon walks into the building and says 'Excuse me, Sir?' is also one of my favourite moments. it was just so atmospheric; here you are, in some foreign, European village and you have no idea what's about to happen. God damn that part felt just like a movie :D

The fight with krauser (not the knife fight, the whole thing) was brilliant, especially the part where you were at the top of the castle/building thing.

Krauser saying the line 'Prepare for your death Leon' after just morphing into some creep still makes my spine tingle.

The cutscene at the beginning of the game where Leon walks into the building and says 'Excuse me, Sir?' is also one of my favourite moments. it was just so atmospheric; here you are, in some foreign, European village and you have no idea what's about to happen. God damn that part felt just like a movie :D

that was pretty epic, but i feel that the shoot out in the house with the black haired guy helping you (with ashley upstairs) was frantic and like "OH NO THEY ARE UPSTAIRS NOW!" and then sprinting everywhere attacking everything

The first time the chainsaw man comes in the village. I got so scared that i hid up on the roof.

I looked from the roof down at the village below scanning to see where he was, i couldn't see him and was suddenly aware of this buzzing noise behind me.

i turned round and found the chainsaw man up on the roof right behind me. i was so shocked i had no time to react and got killed.

I was going to post that. :smile: (I was at Coolness Bear's house when he was playing)

It was hilarious, it was the first time he had played the game and he was concentrating and trying not to die despite not knowing the game very well. The moment of realisation that the chainsaw man had outsmarted Coolness was brilliant.

Great game though, the only time I really jumped was when I thought I had killed a regenarator, proceeded to walk away, hearding a noise behind, looked back only for the still living regenerator to do that lurch leap/ fall over thing onto my unsuspecting face. Scary stuff.

that was pretty epic, but i feel that the shoot out in the house with the black haired guy helping you (with ashley upstairs) was frantic and like "OH NO THEY ARE UPSTAIRS NOW!" and then sprinting everywhere attacking everything

I liked that too. Good sense of survivalism.

The whole game was fantastic. Actually, to be completely honest, it's the second most played game on my Cube next to Smash Brothers - and that's definitely something for Capcom to be proud of!

My favorite part of the game, is actually the Mercenaries mode. Getting those 5 stars with every character on every level is next to impossible and at times so gut-wrenchingly frustrating (Try getting 59000 points, 1000 off the 5-star you need - you've not suffered frustration until this has happened to you!), but keeps me coming back for more time and time again.

I was going to post that. :smile: (I was at Coolness Bear's house when he was playing)

It was hilarious, it was the first time he had played the game and he was concentrating and trying not to die despite not knowing the game very well. The moment of realisation that the chainsaw man had outsmarted Coolness was brilliant.

Great game though, the only time I really jumped was when I thought I had killed a regenarator, proceeded to walk away, hearding a noise behind, looked back only for the still living regenerator to do that lurch leap/ fall over thing onto my unsuspecting face. Scary stuff.

Another favourite part is when Bluejay put me first into the game, with a very brief explanation of the controls and i had to face the bella sisters. I got freaked out when they jumped out of nowhere and started baring down on me chainsaws roaring in there hands. i completely forgot what the control system was got thrown into blind panic and frantically pressed any buttons in the hope it would work but to no avail i got killed.

That was great and it had Bluejay laughing. :D

I was so happy when I could finally fight Ramon Salazar.

He was one of those cowardy annoying characters I just wanted to fight. No matter the healthpacks I needed or rocketlaunchers I had to buy (ok, I didn't need any). And when he transformed it made the fight - although a bit annoying - all the more rewarding. After defeating him I really had the feeling I came a lot closer to my goal by eliminating one of the leaders that could maybe stop this horror forever.

The game proves to have done something very right if you feel so much for the characters there.

And of course the first encounter with Dr. Salvador (the chaingun man) is just jaw - or should I say headdropping.

I think I got myself decapitated about ten times because I looked so awesome. I found myself the excuse of spending as little ammo as possible on him or killing him with the handgun. After ten attemps with little success I finally got tired of the death scene and moved on.

And then there was the third moment, I almost forgot.

"Leon, long time no see."

This little scene has such a phenomenal camera movement, rivalling the Matrix and really shows off what the GC is capable of with the little timer in Ada's glasses, the smoke and the very detailed faces. Good that it was part of the movie that ran when the menu screen was idle for some time.

Being a massive fan of Resident Evil 2 one of my top moments was right at the end of Resident Evil 4.

You were fighting the last boss and then all of a sudden you hear...

" Use this! "

You turn around and there is Ada throwing a Rocket Launcher down for you. For anyone who hasnt played Resident Evil 2 ( shame on you :angry: ) its exactly what she did at the end of that game when fighting the last form of Mr X.

Getting jumped and eaten by the Regenerators. The ones who grow back their limbs and likes to chew on your neck.

Regenerador.jpg

My favourite moment is when I finally killed the Bella sisters. I was stuck at that part for ages, it got to the stage where I stopped playing the game.. I started playing it again recently, nearly a year and a half later and I finally killed them and went on to finish the game. May have taken me a hell of a long time, but I got there in the end!

The exact same thing happened to me.

My favourite moment was probably shooting the lake and getting eaten by the big monster thing in it.

Although the entire game was memorable, for me it had to be the enormous guys without any eyes. The entire cast of characters were superbly designed - Having a welcomed realistic tone to them making Zombies seem archaic. Yet these large horrors scared the bejeezus out of me! Why were they blind? How do I kill them? WHAT IS HAPPENING!! Just some of the things that ran through my mind the first time I came across one of those! The animation on them was fabulous, they lumbered about with their wolverine- like claws hanging waiting to stab into you. Sublime, utterly sublime.

The quote "Well, If it isn't the bitch in the red dress!" classic

Sign in to follow this