NEurope
gaggle64

Formula 1 2007

But then Raikonnen won the first gp in Austrialia using a car which was found to have had an illegal device, had he been disqualified he wouldn't have even been a factor in yesterday's events.

But then Raikonnen won the first gp in Austrialia using a car which was found to have had an illegal device, had he been disqualified he wouldn't have even been a factor in yesterday's events.
It wasn't illegal at the time, it was a grey area in the rules which Ferrari used to their advantage.

It then subsequently got banned when McLaren appealed against it!

Such devices/updates etc... get banned in pretty much every year in F1 throughout the season!

Anyway, whose to say McLaren would have been a factor at the end of the season, had they not used Ferrari data to help develope their car throughout the winter tests!

I doubt McLaren have an appeal case anyway...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63569

A statement issued by the stewards at Interlagos on Sunday night said that they could not say for certain that the fuel in the cars was below the 10-degree maximum limit allowed in the regulations.

The stewards said that there was a discrepancy between the Formula One Management temperature of 37 degrees and that provided by the FIA and team-contracted meteorologists Meteo France, which was a few degrees cooler.

Furthermore, they made it clear that they did not have certain data in their possession that would have helped prove the teams were in breach of the regulations.

So the allegation against BMW/Williams was effectively premature anyways, in hindsight there probably shouldn't have been an investigation in the first place!

So here's hoping the appeal just gets turned away! But if not, it should just be a fine or contructors points lost as that's inkeeping!

Just face it McLaren, you lost yourself the championship in China!

More from Alonso...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63581

But if McLaren's appeal is successful and the three drivers are penalised, Hamilton could gain enough points to take the world title away from Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

Alonso reckons such a situation could have dire consequences for F1's reputation.

"It would be a joke, and we've had too many already," he told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser. "If something like that happened, it would end up burying the sport."

He reiterated his belief that McLaren could have been more supportive of his title bid.

"It doesn't seem like the season has been managed very well," Alonso said.

"The result speaks for itself. McLaren lost the championship probably because of some of the decisions they took, especially in the second half of the season. It's no secret that they haven't helped me a lot.

"What my team boss stated in China, saying that they weren't racing against Raikkonen but against me, was a declaration of intent. So McLaren did their part in losing the title, but also Ferrari did a better job than the rest.

"In the last races both my hands and feet have been tied. I didn't have any power. I had to do it all the way they said and that made it harder to close the gap."

But despite his continued criticisms of the team, Alonso denied that he had resolved to leave McLaren, and played down suggestions that he was set for a return to former team Renault.

"I know there are rumours, but I haven't talked to any other team and that's the reality," he insisted.

"If I don't stay at McLaren, I can't say Renault is my first option."

Basically this season the FIA have made it abundantly clear that cheating is OK. What a farce F1 has become.

In the end I don't think hamilton would want to win the title this way anyway. Alonso has to learn to keep his mouth shut, he's a double world champion acting like a spoilt little tyke.

God this whole title thing is annoying me. I don't think anyone can deny that if the title was given to Hamilton, f1's reputation would go down in everyones mind.

lewis hamilton should of won it was hes car
Reliability is a key part of winning the championship! Kimi of all people could tell you that!

That was Hamiltons first reliability problem of the entire season, it was overdue! and take into account that going into Brazil, Kimi would have been leading the championship and Massa right up there aswell had they not both had 2 retirements [or so] each due to unreliability!

That was probably the most awesome season ending in Formula One of all time. Can't remember another Championship this exciting, surprising and yet still so deserved.

Ferrari won the Contructors title anyway!.... By 1 point!!

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41164

Todt also says he is satisfied that the team’s 1-2 finish in Brazil ensured it would have won the constructors’ championship ahead of McLaren anyway had the Woking squad not been excluded.

Assuming the FIA Court of Appeal would have upheld the decision to bar McLaren from scoring constructors’ points in Hungary, Ferrari would have taken the title by a single point.

"To be very sincere, I was counting,” he said.

“I knew we had won, but I knew that it was always said we had won only because of the decisions not because of the sporting results.

“So I will say that is better.

“That it is done on the normal side."

Bleh, counting Hungary they wouldn't've made it anyway. McLaren was the best team this season, there's no doubt about that. Raikkonen was the best driver though.

Next Year he is going to win it becuse this is just his first year.

That makes no sense...If Ferrari have a better car this season, Riakkonen will easily win it; he's the fastest driver in the world no doubt.

That makes no sense...If Ferrari have a better car this season, Riakkonen will easily win it; he's the fastest driver in the world no doubt.

With a bit of experience Lewis could be faster.

If Ferrari are just as competitive and have good reliability [or basically get back the reliability they've had previous years] then I predict Kimi will walk a second world title next year.

Wonder if McLarens trend will continue of...

2002 - not competitive

2003 - competitive car

2004 - not competitive

2005 - competive car

2006 - not competitive

2007 - competitive car

I think they probably will be competitive next year however.

Also don't forget, next year = no traction control!

Wait, I thought slicks were making a return? Or is that 2009?

Anyway, love the new cars, really sexy as always. And Kimi's helmet is pretty cool.

I'm waiting to see the new Singapore circuit. It's going to be a night race, which should be awesome.

Wait, I thought slicks were making a return? Or is that 2009?

Anyway, love the new cars, really sexy as always. And Kimi's helmet is pretty cool.

Yeah slicks may be returning in 2009, though don't think anythings been confirmed yet.

Just noticed McLarens aero 'horns' that looked like this \_ _/ have gone for the mp4-23, always quit liked those!

But then alot's gonna change on these cars before the start of the season, so they may still appear.

lol at the 22, 23 on McLarens cars!

It'll be 21 & 22. 23 is as in MP4-23.
It's not for MP4-23,

I've never really looked into it but although yes there are 22 cars, the last team runs cars 22/23, see Super Aguri last season...

DC27422.jpgDC27423.jpg

I've never checked but I'm guessing that no car runs with 13 on it? because of the whole superstition thing.

Wow. That Ferrari looks so sexy. If only i could meet a women that looked as good as that :(

I've never checked but I'm guessing that no car runs with 13 on it? because of the whole superstition thing.

Correct, making McLaren 22 and 23. The new cars do look nice, I look forward to seeing how they compare out on track though. Right now I can't see anyone but Kimi winning the title this year.

The new cars do look nice' date=' I look forward to seeing how they compare out on track though. Right now I can't see anyone but Kimi winning the title this year.[/quote']Here's hoping!

Kimi deserves to be a double or three times world champion.

I look forward to seeing what Renault are like next season! Lets see if Alonso can bring the "six tenths of a second" he claimed to have brought to McLaren over to Renault.

To be fair I actually think Alonso brought a hell of a lot to the McLaren package. You don't spend 2 years in the best car without picking a few things up to take with you. His ability to set the car up and develop it will really be missed at McLaren next season, imo, they now have two young guys with no experience of this and their performance will suffer as a result. De la Rosa will do a good job up until the season starts and in between races but I fear that race weekend tweaks will see them underperform.

Hopefully Renault will improve though, it would be great to have four teams capable of winning races next year.