NEurope
gaggle64

Formula 1 2007

Haha, my mate just texted me. The entire message was:

Lewis Hamiltowned.

rofl.

Yes, you can tell by the way he described Kimi's win as "well deserved and overdue". Real bias there.

which was followed by 'hmm i think some would argue if he did truly deserve it though' and the other **** said something similar. They're just abit :(..oh well.

Unlucky hamilton, but atleast the media will shut up now lol.

And now, to wrap up, here's my Top 5 list of things to be fired out of cannons before 2008:

1. McLarens's tactics manager

2. Both the Honda "earth" cars

3. The new Spa circuit design

4. "Extreme wet" tyres

5. Michael Stephaney

See you all next year. :)

Haha, my mate just texted me. The entire message was:

Lewis Hamiltowned.

rofl.

:laughing:

shame lewis didnt win

well overdue championship for kimi thou

what a great race

And now, to wrap up, here's my Top 5 list of things to be fired out of cannons before 2008:

1. McLarens's tactics manager

2. Both the Honda "earth" cars

3. The new Spa circuit design

4. "Extreme wet" tyres

5. Michael Stephaney

See you all next year. :)

1. James Allen

2. The new Spa

3. James Allen

4. The new Spa

5. James Allen

Wow, just saw on the BBC that they are investigating Kubica, Rosberg and Heidfeld. I think they came underweight or something, dunno. Now the BBC are going crazy saying Hamilton will still win it.

Just saw this on ITV news. Good grief, it just doesn't stop does it? To be honest I hope this isn't what wins Hamilton the championship, and I'm willing to bet he feels the same. Still, it would be a fitting end to the season I suppose. :heh: Any penalties will be money based I should hope. Lets just draw a line and move on.

Apparently something similar happened in the 90's regarding a fuel issue and the constructors lost their points, whilst the drivers retained theirs.

If anything should come of this [personally I don't think they'll fid anything wrong], I think the same will apply, because the drivers have absolutely nothing to do with fuel etc...

Plus if Hamilton and Alonso are allowed to keep their points for driving what was deemed an 'illegal' car, I can't see any drivers caught up in this loosing theirs!

Also why is only one Williams driver under investigation? surely both drivers should be as they'd be on the same fuel?!

[personally I don't think they'll fid anything wrong]

They've confirmed that the BMW and Williams fuel temperatures were outside the regulations. It's just a case now of what they deem an suitable punishment.

It'll be because they're the points finishers. I'm sure test results from the other Williams will be used as evidence now though.

I'd expect a fine, since docking points would be fruitless.

And I think both Williams drivers are under investigation, just nobody cares about Nakajima because he won't affect Hamilton if they are disqualified.

By the way, does anyone know when we are gonna hear the result of this investigation?

I'll eat my own head if they do dock drivers points, thus giving Hamilton the Championship because:

A - It's highly unlikely given the situation.

and

B - That's the only way I would be able to fully express myself if they did.

They've confirmed that the BMW and Williams fuel temperatures were outside the regulations. It's just a case now of what they deem an suitable punishment.
Meh either way, I think they'll deduct constructors points as it's the only fair solution!

The drivers had nothing to do with it, plus no one wants a championship decided off the track.

Apparently it's just been confirmed that Kimi is keeping the WDC.

How do you know?

*theres a faint smell of bullshit in the air*

Lewis Hamilton's dream of becoming Formula One world champion has ended after race stewards at the Brazilian Grand Prix decided to impose no penalty against BMW Sauber and Williams, following an investigation.

After watching rival Kimi Raikkonen crowned champion in the last race of the season, the British driver had his title hopes rekindled with the annoucement that three cars which finished ahead of him were being investigated for fuel irregularities.

If stewards had decided to disqualify all three cars it would have elevated Hamilton up to fourth, giving him the Drivers' championship.

But following the investigation, race winner Kimi Raikkonen was confirmed as world champion by one point from Hamilton and McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso.

The Finnish driver was quickest to finish of the 71-lap race, taking the chequered flag and with it the title by one point.

Hamilton could only finish seventh after a poor start, hampered by an apparent mechanical problem on lap eight when he dramatically slowed at one point, almost to a stop.

1601447.jpg

Hamilton must now accept defeat

Was gutted for Hamilton but what a race he had after the initial mistakes. Coming from 18th to 7th. Bloody hell what a drive.

So gald Alonso didnt win it. Well done to Kimi great drive. No one could catch him and Massa yesterday.

Would love Hamilton to have won but im sure he will win many in the future. What a great season it's been for F1!

As for the fuel thing. Can't see any points being deducted and to be honest wouldn't want Hamilton to win the title like that and im sure he wouldn't want to either. I reckon a fine at most if something is actually proved wrong.

...but McLaren are planning to appeal the decision.
LOL! McLaren have gone some nerve to appeal this!

McLarens drivers were allowed to keep their points despite using an illegal car ALL SEASON, and people within McLaren were even aware of what they had done!

BMW/Williams use a somewhat illegal car for ONE RACE, which the team may or may not have known about [it could have just been a problem with the fuel], and yet McLaren are appealing against the decision!

The only real reason McLarens drivers were allowed to keep their points is because no-one wanted to spoil a fantastic championship battle, and turn away all the new F1 'fans'.

Everyone was saying that if a car is deemed illegal how can drivers be allowed to continue driving it!

How about this then McLaren, BMW loose their drivers points for their illegal race, and you loose yours for your illegal races?...... What's that McLaren?..... yeah thought not!

Just be glad your drivers were allowed to still be in the title race 'til the end!

The max penalty of any appeal should be loss of constructors points for BMW/Williams for THAT race.

This is inkeeping with McLarens penalty, as their penalty is loss of constructors points for each illegal race [all of them!].

Update: Alonso's view...

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_2817447,00.html

Alonso: Appeal not fair

Two-times world champion hails Raikkonen as "deserved" winner

Fernando Alonso has said he would be "embarrassed" for Formula One if his McLaren-Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton were to win the World Championship on appeal.

The 22-year-old rookie could only finish seventh in Sunday's title-deciding Brazilian Grand Prix, with Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen winning the race and also the championship after overcoming a seven-point deficit in the drivers' standings.

However, McLaren have notified F1's FIA governing body of their intention to appeal after race stewards chose to impose no penalty following an investigation into the BMW Sauber and Williams teams.

Alonso, whose own hopes of a third successive title disappeared after he finished third in the race, told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser: "If he (Hamilton) wins the championship due to this, it wouldn't be fair and I would be embarrassed for this sport.

"I'm not sure what he (Hamilton) would think - I guess if they give you the title, you don't think it's a present but rather that you deserve it.

"He would be delighted."

Alonso also expressed his belief that the right man won, adding: "Raikkonen is the deserved champion. If you have more points, you are the deserved champion just like in football.

"He (Raikkonen) has won six races and Hamilton, like me, has won four."

After a poor start, Hamilton's race was further hampered by a gearbox problem on lap eight which dropped him through the field from sixth place to 18th.

Meanwhile, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has labelled McLaren's appeal "a pointless stress".

He added: "The rules consider that if any other car is punished, it doesn't mean that others will get points given automatically."

LOL! McLaren have gone some nerve to appeal this!

McLarens drivers were allowed to keep their points despite using an illegal car ALL SEASON, and people within McLaren were even aware of what they had done!

BMW/Williams use a somewhat illegal car for ONE RACE, which the team may or may not have known about [it could have just been a problem with the fuel], and yet McLaren are appealing against the decision!

The only real reason McLarens drivers were allowed to keep their points is because no-one wanted to spoil a fantastic championship battle, and turn away all the new F1 'fans'.

Everyone was saying that if a car is deemed illegal how can drivers be allowed to continue driving it!

How about this then McLaren, BMW loose their drivers points for their illegal race, and you loose yours for your illegal races?...... What's that McLaren?..... yeah thought not!

Just be glad your drivers were allowed to still be in the title race 'til the end!

The max penalty of any appeal should be loss of constructors points for BMW/Williams for THAT race.

This is inkeeping with McLarens penalty, as their penalty is loss of constructors points for each illegal race [all of them!].

I want Hamilton to win becuse of what happend this weekend and his is good.