NEurope
pedrocasilva

Rumor Control - IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat

I don't even listen to Matt anymore, he likes stirring too much and not to be harsh about Bozon but from what I've read of what he writes and the way I've seen him act in audio and video from IGN he doesn't seem like the smartest guy ever. We get more inteliigent speculation here tbh. :yay:

- Matt talks about Halo DS and says “nay sayers are about to be owned next week or soâ€.

Is he still going on about "Halo DS WAS in the works"? Did he miss the developers specifically saying that it never existed?

Is he still going on about "Halo DS WAS in the works"? Did he miss the developers specifically saying that it never existed?

unless it was developed by a different company

The part about Project H.A.M.M.E.R's cancellation was worrying. I'm going to start asking some third parties to see if Nintendo are trying to 'interfere' with their projects, it sounds pretty legit to me.

Great to see the hype about Zack and Wiki though. It really is shaping up a great game. The pod cast didn't really tell us alot else though.

This week's Wii-k in Review:

- Matt thinks Take Two will appeal Manhunt 2’s AO rating to the ESRB and there will be a really significant delay if they lose. Bozon says it’s the “most violent game he’s ever playedâ€.

- Online multiplayer hinted at for Godzilla: Unleashed

- Kirby Wii at E3.

- They know about a couple unannounced games from Nintendo that will be revealed at E3.

- They’ve seen quite a few unannounced EA Wii Games at pre-E3 events.

- Cool, non-kiddie games coming from THQ

- Craig has an interview with Bioware about the Sonic DS RPG coming up next week.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165817

This Weeks, IGN Wii-k in Review:

- Jessica attempted to say something smart. Could not.

- Pokemon Battle Revolution == teh sux

- Transformers talk

- Bozon references that NeoGAF thread about broken Driver game. Doesn't actually mention NeoGAF specifically.

- Geometry Wars Galaxies. 60 planet types. Game looks "more vibrant" on 360. "Vertical Scrolling level". Both seemed to prefer dual-analog style of play. Number of enemies and effects on the screen can make it difficult to see the red laser guide on the IR control. Classic controller support probable, GCN controller not so much.

- Hori fighting stick talk. Hori wanted IGN to write a review with ONLY PICTURES.

- BUY ZACK AND WIKI. "If you are not stupid you will like that game"

- Jessica calls the iPhone an "overpriced piece of bullshit". Matt compares her to Hitler.

- Matt will be playing a private demo of Metroid Prime at E3.

- Matt calls DK Bongo Blast "pretty assy". No bongo controller support. Wii controller doesn't work well for the game.

- FIFA talk. Minigames like Foosball included.

- de Blob. They said it was interesting. Music is "sucky".

- Everybody makes fun of the "Pickman" incident. Also Geist for N64 incident.

- Mario and Sonic shown behind closed doors at E3.

- Bozon says they don't know anything about what is going to happen at E3. Says they they well be screwed because everything is so spread out.

- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 coverage on Monday.

- Soul Calibur Legends coverage soon. Craig Harris played it.

- Red Steel 2 not at show. Other games are being held until after E3.

- No real E3 predictions except PS3 price drop and PSP redesign.

- READER MAIL

- Forever Blue. Matt and Bozon like it. Peer doesn't. Matt says it's a completely different game from its predecessors.

- A Nintendo franchise will be brought back from the dead and shown at E3.

- DIRECT QUOTE (IE, Could be real or not) "There is a Tales of Symphonia sequel coming to Wii." Hinted it last week, Matt wants to confirm it this week. There's so much laughing and failure to bleep here that we can't really know if they are kidding or not.

- Graphics discussion. =/

- Matt hates lack of Smash Bros at E3.

- Matt hoping for a Wii Health Pack surprise.

- Matt says Nintendo or Microsoft will win E3. Bozon says Nintendo. Jessica says Nintendo. Peer says Microsoft.

- Rockstar not at E3.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/802/802196p1.html

"DIRECT QUOTE (IE, Could be real or not) "There is a Tales of Symphonia sequel coming to Wii." Hinted it last week, Matt wants to confirm it this week. There's so much laughing and failure to bleep here that we can't really know if they are kidding or not."

Half of forum pisses pants

"DIRECT QUOTE (IE, Could be real or not) "There is a Tales of Symphonia sequel coming to Wii." Hinted it last week, Matt wants to confirm it this week. There's so much laughing and failure to bleep here that we can't really know if they are kidding or not."

Half of forum pisses pants

Indeed. I'm really hoping this will be true. Tales of Symphonia was one of my favourite games on the GameCube.

As for the Nintendo franchise that will be returned from the dead. Kid Icarus anyone?

Franchise back from the dead... I reckon Pilotwings, Wii Airplane disappeared, I wonder why? (Rhetorical question)

I smell Luigis Mansion with a 3rd-person perspective.

The dead franchise will hopefully be Pilotwings or Kid Icarus. For some reason I thought Pikmin when I read the sentence "dead franchise". Silly me. Surely that ain't considered dead!

Shame Donkey Kong Jet is getting negative views from them. Nintendo really should have stuckto/or offered the Bongo controls.

I smell Luigis Mansion with a 3rd-person perspective.

It always was third person.

Its pilotwings i reckon...

Luigis Mansion 2 is a must though! It would work great!

Shame about no new 'big' games being shown at E3 from Nintendo, but it's to be expected...Nintendo's conferences are always a bit of an anti-climax and then you least expect it....wham!!!

I'm looking forward to what Microsoft and Sony have up their sleeves.

It always was third person.

I think he means a behind the shoulder camera angle...maybe?

Cos personally I think that would be awesome.

I think he means a behind the shoulder camera angle...maybe?

Cos personally I think that would be awesome.

Yeah, thats what I meant. More Gears of War/Resi 4 than the original Lugi's Mansion.

I really don't think Luigi's Mansion is that kind of game...

Jessica calls the iPhone an "overpriced piece of bullshit". Matt compares her to Hitler.

^ loved that, made me laugh for awhile

Jessica calls the iPhone an "overpriced piece of bullshit". Matt compares her to Hitler.

^ loved that, made me laugh for awhile

I listened to that and pissed myself. Hilarious.

This Weeks, IGN Wii-k in Review:

No Chobot, Peer, or Gerry. It's just Matt and Bozon.

SUMMARY

- They briefly discuss E3. Generally prefer to new format, despite the cluster**** organization. Not enough games there.

- Conference talk. They obviously weren't satisfied with it.

- They called Wii Fit "Oprah worthy"

- Metroid Prime 3 talk. "Fricken awesome." They liked the cockpit scene. They call story Halo-esque. They say that they game plays "smooth". "Our videos are not going to do it justice." Bozon played Turok afterwards and said the controls felt archaic by comparison. Some journos have made comments about how the Metroid design was watered down (I think 1UP did this?). Matt says that such comments are stupid because it's a demo, and the MP3 demo was structured similarly to the MP1 and MP2 demos.

- Super Mario Galaxy talk. Matt and Bozon calls it their game of the show. Bozon got to play two levels not available to the rest of the press (thanks to Miyamoto!). Bozon got to play Galaxy with Miyamoto. Long jump maneuver helps increase the game's speed. You can control the jump in mid-air with the analog stick. A second player can use his cursor to freeze Mario in mid-air during a long jump. If you long jump off a small body, you might be able to do a full 360 around a planet. "Feels better than Mario 64". Galaxy design means that designers aren't grounded in reality or have restrictions.

- WiiFit talk. Many game-based elements are being added to increase the "fun" factor. Matt thought it was nice.

- Umbrella Chronicles. Bozon calls it a "mish-mash". "Some ways to go". Cursor is not smooth. Shooting doesn't feel visceral. Bozon is comparing its development to Red Steel (uh-oh).

- BUY ZACK AND WIKI. The rest of the press appears to have joined in on the campaign. "Puzzles are really outstanding". Matt and Bozon will post one puzzle video by the end of next week at the latest. Video will be a total spoiler. Although you restart at the end of a level if you die, you can use tickets (bought via in-game currency) to help restore your progress. 3rd party Wii Game of the Show.

- Nights 2. Clunky and framey. Craig Harris is looking forward to it. Matt is not.

- Carnival Games. Needs to be $20. Too simple.

- Furu Furu Park. mini-game collection. Pretty shallow. Better be cheap.

- Spyro and Crash. Spyro is a direct sequel to A New Beginning. Crash is two-player coop. Some IR work in Crash. Crash's spinning move is done by rapidly hitting the B trigger and spinning the analog stick.

- Fishing Master is visually crap. However, some smart Wiimote implementation. Every time you cast, you catch a fish. "Kinda cool, but super basic". Cool for a kid's game or a rental.

- Dewy's Adventure. "Sort of good, but not great. Has potential".

- Trauma Center looking really good. They're trying to get it in office within a month. They're trying to get exclusive coverage for it.

- Nitro Bikes. Matt and Bozon loved Excite Bike 64. Matt doesn't think that most of the original team is still there.

- Reader questions.

- Mario Galaxy is suppose to be as long and deep as Mario 64.

- Freeze maneuver in Galaxy seems to be a 2-player only thing now.

- Smash exclusive event within a month (maybe).

- Nintendo hasn't abandoned their core audience. However, casual games seem to be an internal priority. Truth will be told in 2008.

- Matt believes that Smash is online, despite recent speculation.

- Nintendo did not talk about that resurrected Nintendo franchise that Matt referred to last week. "Even if it did get cancelled it would be taken up by another publisher. Oh, no it wouldn't. Sorry. That couldn't happen. Yeah. Well you can take whatever you want from that answer."

- Factor 5 issue. Matt implies something about their project not being disc based and brings up their back catalog. "Whatever we see from Factor 5 initially will just be a first step."

- Wii Balance Board feels like a scale.

- Favorite thing shown was Mario Galaxy. Least favorite thing was probably Furu Furu or the Wii Zapper.

- There's no reason Smash Bros shouldn't be online because Jump Ultimate does.

- Matt and Bozon's game is still just in concept. Their dev team went down other avenues.

- Battalion Wars 2 talk. Matt and Bozon angry! Matt thinks they may show it at Leipzig (where they originally unveiled it).

- We may see a hardcore-focused event from Nintendo in a month or half or so.

- Matt and Bozon like the game concepts with the balance board, like snowboarding games.

- Lots of suits in Mario Galaxy.

- Matt and Bozon both like cheesecake. Bozon likes French Silk pie. Bozon wants to blend cheesecake, french silk, and chicken mcnuggets (ew).

- Bozon doesn't want this E3 to exist next year.

- They move on to the "competition". Matt and Bozon like Turok, Uncharted, Burnout, Call of Duty 4, and Echochrome. Disappointed in Halo 3. Matt thought the Too Human trailer was "sweet". Rock Band owns Guitar Hero III. You can download entire albums for Rock Band. Matt and Bozon thought the RE5 trailer smoked the MGS4 trailer.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/804/804922p1.html; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7042059&postcount=1

Cheers Pedro.

I really liked reading this part...

We may see a hardcore-focused event from Nintendo in a month or half or so.

Bring back SpaceWorld!!!

Seriously though I really think they need to do a Core gamer event just to let them know that the games they ( and myself ) are looking for are infact coming and that we havent been pushed aside for minigame collections and fitness games :)

Also about Bozon wanting E3 back to normal it seems he isnt the only one. A few journys and even developers ( Hideo Kojima ) have expressed their dislike for the new format.

Lastly I do think that they should show Smash Bros at its own mini event. The game is huge so letting everyone play it without any other distractions would be a great idea.

The part about another publisher getting the resurrected by another publisher. Surely this could be Kid Icarus being made on the Dead Phoenix engine by Capcom?

Or is it a historical reference? Hmmm.