NEurope
danny

intrested in buying a wii

Im intrested in buyign a Wii but have no idea what games i should get to start with. What games do people recomend?

Also do u reall need the nun chuck controler to start with.

And this mite be a stupid question but can u plug in the GC controller to play GC games.

*counts all the typos*

Anyway.

Recomended games: Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wario Ware, Excite Truck, Mario Strikers Charged, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Wii Play (With free Wiimote)

You get a nunchuk in with the console, so thats no worry and yes, to play GC games you have to use a GC pad.

zelda, elebits looks really good, mecury meltdown is getting good reviews, people seem to like smash football, nice variety there, rpg,fps,puzzle and sports games

stay away from red steel!

those are the better games on wii

oh sonic is supposed to be good, but the ones above are what i'd go with

*counts all the typos*

Bitch. :heh:

The first online title has been released, which is Mario Strikers Charged. I'd go for that, as it's really fun.

ExciteTruck is also one of my favourite games. A fast racer, and it's very, very fun.

You can't go wrong with Zelda, either.

Lol, well I'd go for Zelda, SSX, and Mario Strikers. Single player Monkey Ball isn't bad either.

Mario Strikers is AWESOME, Zelda is cool, and Eledees looks fab.

If you want an extra controller go and get Wii Play.

Zelda Twilight Princess for sure. Make sure you get some GameCube games for it as well.

Zelda, Excitetruck, Sonic,Mario Strikers, DBZ Tenkaichi 2,Godfather,Eledees and SSX Blur. If you like minigames Wario Ware and maybe Rayman. I actually enjoyed Red Steel, but not everyone does.

Games that you should get

1) Zelda *A must own for any type of gamer*

2) Madden 07 *even if you don't know anything about American football this is an awesome game, because it teaches you everthing and has one of the best multiplayers on Wii*

3) Mario Strikers *bundles of fun, it really is FUN on a disc*

Also I recommend getting more controllers for when friends come round and want to play you at Wii Sports!

You should defo get a Wii, Especially as we ain't seen nothing yet

1) Super Smash Bros Brawl

2) Metroid Prime 3

3) Super Mario Galaxy

So far for my Wii I have bought Eledees , ExciteTruck , Heatseeker , Madden , Mario Strikers , Red Steel , SSX Blur and Tiger Woods.

Not one have I been disappointed with and they all come recommended.

I didn't mention Zelda because I played the Cube version and still haven't decided whether it's worth getting again for the Wii controls (I probably will though at some point).

dont get excite truck, eledees or far cry. you may like red steel or ssx blur but theyre crap and the controls dont work for ssx. but get everything else........apart from cheap movie tie ins

dont get excite truck, eledees or far cry. you may like red steel or ssx blur but theyre crap and the controls dont work for ssx. but get everything else........apart from cheap movie tie ins

Excite Truck is an awesome game, my favourite on the Wii. And the SSX controls are absolutely perfect once you get used to them 2-3 hours into the game.

Im intrested in buyign a Wii but have no idea what games i should get to start with. What games do people recomend?

Also do u reall need the nun chuck controler to start with.

And this mite be a stupid question but can u plug in the GC controller to play GC games.

If I had to choose 2 at teh beginnig I would chooes Zelda and Exicte Truck as they contrast each othre to keap you goign till you get anotehr game (hopefuly).

Zelda, Excite truck, and smash football would be my top picks.

Red steel, Wario Ware and Wii play are decent but not amazing.

Stay away from Monkey ball, its not a scratch on the original, and the multiplayer is cringe-worthy.

I also have: Metroid, Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers Melee and Paper Mario on preorder and definitely think they'll be must-own games.

Dont get Madden 07 or Tiger Woods 07 - wait until the 2008 editions come out in August as they will have online play or they better fucking had!. So games to get so far Zelda obviously, excitetruck with an sd card as in game music will put you off. Godfather - very underated game. Oh and of course Mario Strikers yup it really is fun on a disk!

That lot should keep you busy for now! : peace:

Hey guys, first post. I have a Wii and to be honest, I was caught up in the hype train. I thought it would introduce this whole new way to play games and with the initial gloss having wore off, I became a little disappointed. Zelda was a great game but not all that it promised to be. Wii sports is a gem and great multiplayer value and has a surprising amount of depth. I purchased Wario Ware and was to be honest disappointed. The multiplayer seemed to be lacking and most of the games seemed 'tacked on'. However having recently played Mario Strikers, this is the Wii game I've been waiting on. It's fun, slick and has a good depth to it. Endless replay value in terms of both offline and online multiplayer.

In short, if you have the money, get yourself a '360 and an xbox live subscription and wait until the Wii library heats up a bit with the imminent arrival of Metroid and both Mario games. I hope this has been of some use to you :)

Hey guys, first post. I have a Wii and to be honest, I was caught up in the hype train. I thought it would introduce this whole new way to play games and with the initial gloss having wore off, I became a little disappointed. Zelda was a great game but not all that it promised to be. Wii sports is a gem and great multiplayer value and has a surprising amount of depth. I purchased Wario Ware and was to be honest disappointed. The multiplayer seemed to be lacking and most of the games seemed 'tacked on'. However having recently played Mario Strikers, this is the Wii game I've been waiting on. It's fun, slick and has a good depth to it. Endless replay value in terms of both offline and online multiplayer.

In short, if you have the money, get yourself a '360 and an xbox live subscription and wait until the Wii library heats up a bit with the imminent arrival of Metroid and both Mario games. I hope this has been of some use to you :)

Traitor! Traitor in our own house! Kill him! Burn him! Hit him with a stump object and get Horatio to solve the murder using the world's best crime-lab working overtime and twenty times as fast as it would in real!

The Wii is a bastion of mediocrity I'm afraid. Zelda and, to an extent, Wii Sports are the only real highlights. Actually, even Zelda was a bit disappointing.

The Wii is a bastion of mediocrity I'm afraid. Zelda and, to an extent, Wii Sports are the only real highlights. Actually, even Zelda was a bit disappointing.

If I had a gold sausage I'd give you it. So very true. The thing was that we were led to believe that it would be so much different when in fact it's not. I was expecting 1:1 onscreen to real movement and it just hasn't happened. The library thus fair is also disappointing, 6 months down the line! However, I'll wait until Metroid and Galaxy to see if the real revolution will begin.

the only games where the controls work and the game isnt crap or patronising are (mario strikers), godfather, heatseeker, zelda and tiger woods.

and take it from a guy who has most of the wii games, 4 or 5 slightly decent games isnt worth your money or more importantly your time.

ps. can people really pull of the uber tricks on ssx?

Forget all those games mate, buy around 10,000 Wii points and just buy loads of Nintendo classics :kiss:

Forget all those games mate, buy around 10,000 Wii points and just buy loads of Nintendo classics :kiss:

Don't do that, much easier way to get old games are out there.................